Is New GNR sort of turning into Motley Crue?

Randy Lahey

Say what you will about Axl, but he ain't using autotune... unlike Vince Neil. For fuck's sake, Vince Neil sounds like T-Pain. Let's not be so hasty in our comparisons here methinks.

You haven't been listening to CD carefully now have you?

I was talking about live situations, dumbass. Y'know, for someone who runs his mouth constantly talking shit about Axl, I'd figure you, of all people, would understand the context. Guess I gave you too much credit.

:rofl-lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood why people get so worked up over not liking a band. I don't limit myself to a small number of bands, I like tons of music by tons of different artists spread out through all categories. Even bands/artists I don't typically like will occassionally release something I enjoy. I could never imagine hating everything a band puts out - before even listening to it. I guess the harder you bash/insult a band just shows the rest of us how rock-n-roll or hardcore you are.

Motley's Too Fast For Love was a great album. Since then they have been hit and miss, but they have put out a lot of fun rock songs over the years. I get that a lot of you don't like them specifically because Axl doesn't. I do agree that a lot of Vince's live performances are pretty weak. He sounds much better in the studio.

They are a great stadium band along with ACDC, Aerosmith, VH.

GNR always seem to have been pushing more towards being Stones, Led Zepp or Queen.

I wouldn't say I listen to whole Crue albums but they have some good stuff. Lyrically it's all a bit banal but it gets the job done.

DJ is the only thing Mötley about NuGNR.

I'm no fan of NuGNR, but I'm not ready to hastily compare them to the shittiest group of human beings on the planet.

At least Axl tried to be creative with Chinese Democracy, and at least the band, (except DJ) are decent human beings.

After I read 'The Dirt' I will never have an ounce of respect for that piece of shit 'band'.

Dude alot of bands play Vegas. And besides Axl can still sing Vince under the table these days.

As for the stripper/pole girls, it was only at the Las Vegas shows. Def Leppard are playing there in March and Apirl and I bert they have stripper/ple dancers too! And as for Motley Crue, Vince and Tommy still can't stand each other and I think Axl and GNR get along pretty good these days. I just wish GNR would get the recognition that the Crue gets, but whatever! I've seen MC plenty of times in concert, and I think Axl outdoes Vince everytime.

even if GNR made a Crue type album it would still be way more complex and interesting. They might bring back a bit more hard rock but there would still be more elements, it's still going to be a mix of influences. I can't see them be able to dumb it down that far, right to the bottom of the bottle of JD.

I guess that was the whole point of that residency. It was Vegas after all, they were just getting into it. There haven't been any girls or strippers on any other Guns N' Roses concerts.

I remember one show in 1991... they brought a chick onstage. Indiana or St Louis...? Axl said something like "Damn your distracting..." lol

They used to have strippers dancing for them everynight 1985-6. Izzy's girlfriend (Desi I think) and a girl called Adriana Smith. GN'R were no different from Crue here. Check out Canter's books if you want to see all the flesh.

Yep that's right also. They used to grind with Axl and I remember one of the strippers or someone saying that she and Axl would act like they were having sex onstage.

Yeah Adriana Smith is the chick on Rocket Queen.

They used to have strippers dancing for them everynight 1985-6. Izzy's girlfriend (Desi I think) and a girl called Adriana Smith. GN'R were no different from Crue here. Check out Canter's books if you want to see all the flesh.

Tommy can be a guest drummer on a future Guns album. Maybe on one of those 12 DJ songs Axl likes.

It would make sense and will be pretty cool. Kinda like how Bach sang on Sorry. I thought it will be weird, but it was neat.

DJ is close with Sixx, so he could ask Tommy to do it. Axl seems to think the more the merrier when it comes to drummers. I don't care for the Crue myself, but Tommy is a good drummer imo.

Could feature Tommy Lee and Brain on one song with a drum duet section, possibly to open the album.