The Breaking Bad leaked info/speculation thread [FUTURE SPOILERS - BEWARE]

ManetsBR

The argument that Hank won't attempt to bring Walt down because his therapy was paid for by Walt is kind of nonsense.

If you follow the character and story arcs from the show, it's really been one where the bad man (Walt) has it over the good man (Hank). Hank's life, his career, his family have been put into jeopardy numerous times directly and indirectly as a result of Walt's actions. If and once Hank puts all the pieces together he'll have no problem going after Walt with everything he's got.

Big deal that the therapy was paid for by Walt, it's not as though Hank took the money knowing where it came from (and will likely be seen as a cynical attempt by Walt to pay off his sins/guilt).

The first few episodes will be Hank putting all the pieces together like he did with Gustavo Fring. Walt will likely discover that Hank is onto him, which will precipitate Walt doing things that will likely motivate Hank and hence backfire on Walt. My guess is that unintended consequences will cause havoc on Walt's family (i.e. death of children/wife or something). I think the four moving pieces of the last 8 episodes will be Walt, Hank, Jesse, and the drug gang that Walt passed off his business to.

And for those wondering if the show will end badly for most key characters, it's been pretty much confirmed by show creator Vince Gilligan. Watch his interview on the Colbert Report and he acknowledges that things aren't going to end well for most involved.

Again though - Hank has proved time and time again in 5 seasons that he can and will turn a blind eye to any wrong-doings or illegal activity of his family, including Walt and Skylar. With how much emphasis he puts on family, there is absolutely no way he'll go after Walt and Skylar and in the process of doing so, destroying Jr. and Holly's lives. I was basing my theory that Hank will remain neutral on much more than the treatment money ;)

The argument that Hank won't attempt to bring Walt down because his therapy was paid for by Walt is kind of nonsense.

If you follow the character and story arcs from the show, it's really been one where the bad man (Walt) has it over the good man (Hank). Hank's life, his career, his family have been put into jeopardy numerous times directly and indirectly as a result of Walt's actions. If and once Hank puts all the pieces together he'll have no problem going after Walt with everything he's got.

Big deal that the therapy was paid for by Walt, it's not as though Hank took the money knowing where it came from (and will likely be seen as a cynical attempt by Walt to pay off his sins/guilt).

The first few episodes will be Hank putting all the pieces together like he did with Gustavo Fring. Walt will likely discover that Hank is onto him, which will precipitate Walt doing things that will likely motivate Hank and hence backfire on Walt. My guess is that unintended consequences will cause havoc on Walt's family (i.e. death of children/wife or something). I think the four moving pieces of the last 8 episodes will be Walt, Hank, Jesse, and the drug gang that Walt passed off his business to.

And for those wondering if the show will end badly for most key characters, it's been pretty much confirmed by show creator Vince Gilligan. Watch his interview on the Colbert Report and he acknowledges that things aren't going to end well for most involved.

Again though - Hank has proved time and time again in 5 seasons that he can and will turn a blind eye to any wrong-doings or illegal activity of his family, including Walt and Skylar. With how much emphasis he puts on family, there is absolutely no way he'll go after Walt and Skylar and in the process of doing so, destroying Jr. and Holly's lives. I was basing my theory that Hank will remain neutral on much more than the treatment money ;)

Who's to say that Walt and Skylar's kids are going to be around by the end for Hank to worry about?

It's one thing to look past petty theft, infidelity, gambling, etc. It's quite another to let evidence tampering, drug production/distribution, murder, having your legs smashed, embezzlement, organized crime, and other heinous crimes go. Just because Hank has been understanding and gracious with a few minor issues doesn't mean he'll roll over on some of the bigger stuff, especially considering it directly affected his career, his marriage, and his own well being. The guy was properly fucked over numerous times because of what Walt did. Might mean a little more to Hank than say, Walt's supposed gambling issue.

• 3 weeks later...

i2twd.jpg

I just saw this from the bust a gut thread. Does this have to do with Walter's son, because everyone keeps mentioning that.

What gave you the impression it has something to do with Walt Jr.? The whole point of that comic was that Walt made such a big stink about the one fly in Gus' lab and how it would contaminate hundreds of pounds of meth, but then their cover in the fifth season becomes an extermination company and Walt is fine with it.

I'm re-watching the series right now - just finished season 2. Was anyone else disappointed with the finale of that season? Like, they teased about the final scene all season with the teddy bear in the pool, and then at the beginning of that episode there's the two body bags in Walt's driveway. And then it turns out it's a plane collision over his house...

Guest bellastar2355

i2twd.jpg

I just saw this from the bust a gut thread. Does this have to do with Walter's son, because everyone keeps mentioning that.

What gave you the impression it has something to do with Walt Jr.? The whole point of that comic was that Walt made such a big stink about the one fly in Gus' lab and how it would contaminate hundreds of pounds of meth, but then their cover in the fifth season becomes an extermination company and Walt is fine with it.

I'm re-watching the series right now - just finished season 2. Was anyone else disappointed with the finale of that season? Like, they teased about the final scene all season with the teddy bear in the pool, and then at the beginning of that episode there's the two body bags in Walt's driveway. And then it turns out it's a plane collision over his house...

That it would contaminate the meth and there are rumors about Walt's son doing meth. I've heard that rumor several times, so that's why. I hope not, I wouldn't like that kinda ending.

I don't really remember season 2 I have to re watch it again, but I just remember that Jane's death and the death of those people because of the accident really messes up Jesse and strains his relationship with Walter.

Yeah, I can see that. I started watching the show after season 4 had already been aired, so knowing that there were going to be another two seasons, I figured there was an explanation for the bodies and teddy bear that didn't involve the decimation of Walt's family. My guess was that it was gang members or somebody after Walt. I can see why you might be disappointed. I might have felt the same way had I been watching it week by week when the episodes were initially released. But I did like the fact that Walt's decisions relating to Jesse's girlfriend did have profound and direct consequences for Walt. It would have been one thing for the girl to just die because Walt refused to help him, but the fact that in his pursuit for wealth and control resulted in the death of hundreds right over his home is somewhat symbolic (perhaps a bit on the nose). If you think about it and the symbolism that the plane crash represents, and the fact that Walt was an indirect cause, it works well as a series conclusion.

For sure it's a powerful and important plot point. I completely understand why it had to happen in the story. And I'm not saying that looking back it feels underwhelming but in the moment, I thought it very much was, like "is that really the best you can give us after teasing it all season?"

All my friends said I was crazy calling a mid-air plane collision underwhelming :lol:

Guest bellastar2355

For sure it's a powerful and important plot point. I completely understand why it had to happen in the story. And I'm not saying that looking back it feels underwhelming but in the moment, I thought it very much was, like "is that really the best you can give us after teasing it all season?"

All my friends said I was crazy calling a mid-air plane collision underwhelming :lol:

I get what you mean, It was like "oh a plane crash, that makes sense." :shrugs:

Was expecting a little more....

Who do you think is gonna die? and who do you want to die?

I guess if you put it as "mid-air plane collision" then it does sound strange calling it underwhelming. :lol:

I know what you mean though. I didn't find it disappointing but I was preparing myself for a death of a major character so I can definitely see where your point is coming from.

It is a bit of a tease, but at least we got some more great moments with Walt and his family. I'm not one of those people who hates his wife. I think she's great and much needed to show the transformation of Walt's character. The show would have been something completely different and likely flown off the rails without Walt's family staying in the show to keep things in perspective. I mean, it could have been worse - it could have been a couple of no-name gang bangers who had nothing to do with the plot that they were carting out. I thought it was a great way to keep the audience hooked and guessing while underscoring the damage that Walt was having within his nearby surroundings.

It's funny how sometimes scenes need to be put into their proper place throughout an entire show to make them significant and relevant.

I get what you mean, It was like "oh a plane crash, that makes sense." :shrugs:

Was expecting a little more....

Who do you think is gonna die? and who do you want to die?

Here's what I think everyone's odds of death are:

Walter - Walt will die, there is no way the series could play out without his death at the climax. Vince Gilligan has foreshadowed that the finale is quite grim, so I don't see a way around Walt's death.

Skyler - Likely to die. I think its possible that she could live by getting out of dodge so to speak, but I don't think she will.

Walt Jr. - I think he'll die. In RJ Mitte's AMA on Reddit he said Jr. plays a much bigger role in the second half of season 5 than he has to date. I can't think of a reason they'd make Jr. have a big role unless they're setting up for his death.

Holly - I think Holly will die a gruesome death. There's that picture from Aaron Paul's Twitter of him holding the doll of Holly smoking, and the gun and the meth and the money. Why would they need a doll of Holly unless they were going to do something really fucked up to her? I think Holly's death will be Walt's resurrection and Heisenberg's downfall as her death will show Walt how fucked up things have gotten, but it will be too little too late to save himself.

Jesse - I think Jesse has a good chance of living. As much as the show has been about Heisenberg's consumption of Walt, the show has been about Jesse's redemption and transformation from the comic relief into the one truly lovable character on the show. Of course, that may be a reason they'll kill Jesse off. Perhaps Walt will die to save Jesse as he's almost seen him as a second son for some time now - especially after my predicted death of Jr. and Holly?

Hank - Too early to predict. Hank is in an interesting position, because his survival will entirely depend on his actions in the next couple episodes. If he doesn't turn Walt in as I've predicted, I think Hank will be one of the few characters left standing when all is said and done.

Marie - Barring her doing something stupid (Which is entirely plausible), I can't see any reason she'd die.

Saul - Vince Gilligan has said he'd consider doing a Saul Goodman spinoff when Breaking Bad is done - pretty good evidence Saul is safe. Not to mention Saul is such a greasy fucker, he can get himself out of anything.

Don't think I've forgotten anyone. Really not worth speculating over Badger, Todd, Gomez, Lydia, etc.

The other option I think is completely plausible is full-on Shakespearian ending where everyone dies. Vince Gilligan supposedly once said that Walt and Jesse's last names were in homage to Reservoir Dogs, which is a great example of a modern Shakespearian ending.

I guess if you put it as "mid-air plane collision" then it does sound strange calling it underwhelming. :lol:

I know what you mean though. I didn't find it disappointing but I was preparing myself for a death of a major character so I can definitely see where your point is coming from.

Exactly, the first time I saw it I was prepared for Skyler or someone to die. Seeing Walt's glasses in an evidence bag in one of the scenes also made me think there'd be a major conflict with him.

I wasn't disappointed at all with the finale of season 2. Actually, knowing how screen-writers work nowadays, I kinda knew it had nothing to do with the meth/Walt/main story at all. And a plane crash is always pretty cool (though already seen on recent TV).

Skylar is a bitch, it's the typical character that you can't stand though you don't know exactly why.

I wasn't disappointed at all with the finale of season 2. Actually, knowing how screen-writers work nowadays, I kinda knew it had nothing to do with the meth/Walt/main story at all. And a plane crash is always pretty cool (though already seen on recent TV).

Skylar is a bitch, it's the typical character that you can't stand though you don't know exactly why.

I know why, because she's a bitch :awesomeface:

Someone on the Breaking Bad subreddit once referred to her as a "whore mongrel"...I like that title for her ;)

She's a bitch for fucking her boss and for wanting to take Jr and Holly away from Walter. She doesn't understand.

Understand what ?

Walter is a liar, a murderer, a drug manufacturer / dealer, and he's mainly motivated by greed and power.

His motivation may have been to raise money for his family in the VERY beginning but that went out of the window very fast. He refused money and help for his treatment from others, out of pride because he made a shitty decision with his former company, and prefered to create an illegal business instead which ended up more or less directly ruining hundreds of lives.

Why would she not be a bitch to him ? Simply because he tries to be nice to her ? Is that a valid reason to disregard everything and stay in a marriage ?

Good predictions P5, and with good reasoning. I'm almost starting to think that Walt won't die though. If one, two, or all of his immediate family dies (Skyler, Holly, and Walt Jr.), I think it will be more painful for his character to have to live with that and know that he ultimately caused it all.

Hank rules!

The only way I see that happening is if everyone else dies.

True. I almost want to see Jesse kill Walt, but I feel like that'd be a non-event at this point because so many people have predicted it since the beginning. It'd be even more anti-climactic than the plane crash. :lol: