GNR to headline The Governors Ball in New York: June 8, 2013

highend88

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ No, because Axl actually showed up on time, sounded decent, and mostly played hits most people like. He did good, way better than I ever anticipated. I'll give him that.

The bigger question is what comes next? More touring I'm presuming. This is the last scheduled date he has booked right?

Edited by Bobbo

^ No, because Axl actually showed up on time, sounded decent, and mostly played hits most people like. He did good, way better than I ever anticipated. I'll give him that.

The bigger question is what comes next? More touring I'm presuming. This is the last scheduled date he has booked right?

There's a festival show in Canada next month.

Thanks, that's good to hear.

The band has a gig in Quebec in July.

so thats it, that was the govs ball, no surprises, and now the tour continues, i really thought something cool, different would happen....so now the band will continue the tour and add more dates, his voice will stay the same with some minor improvements, something thats happening since 2011...

Why? What would indicate to you in the slightest that something cool or different would happen? I think it's wisest not to have any expectations and be pleasantly surprised if something out of the ordinary happens. I mean, there's really no hints, tips or indications that anything out of the ordinary should or will happen. Sorry to dampen your spirits but I think it's time to be realistic now.

Just so you all know, magisme and I have made up from our misunderstanding and we're friends again. :hug:

Aaaw, good for you guys. Wish I could report the same happy ending. *wipes tear from cheek*

Wow, it all went swimmingly then. Wasn't entirely sure what I was going to wake up to. Really pleased for the band, they must have been nervous about what to expect. Slightly disappointed no heckling hipsters got their ass handed to them with an epic Axl rant but oh well...

they must have been nervous about what to expect

lol nervous

They're adults, y'know?

Do adults not get nervous? I'd be a bit nervous playing somewhere that had a petition going to boot me out.

Sure, they do but to get nervous about some hipsters not diggin' Gn'R music? :lol: Don't think so. It was challenging I believe.

they must have been nervous about what to expect

lol nervous

They're adults, y'know?

Do adults not get nervous? I'd be a bit nervous playing somewhere that had a petition going to boot me out.

Sure, they do but to get nervous about some hipsters not diggin' Gn'R music? :lol: Don't think so. It was challenging I believe.

Maybe nervous isn't the right word then but they clearly had something to prove at this show, more so than any other they have played this year. I'm sure they were all fully aware of that before they took to the stage.

Just so you all know, magisme and I have made up from our misunderstanding and we're friends again. :hug:

:) And bacardi wasn't being a hypocrite like I claimed. I misunderstood one of his posts.

Looking forward to seeing some videos from the show. It'd be nice if they could take this positive experience and use it to jolt them into creating music again. I do fear that ignaliza is spot on, though.

so thats it, that was the govs ball, no surprises, and now the tour continues, i really thought something cool, different would happen....so now the band will continue the tour and add more dates, his voice will stay the same with some minor improvements, something thats happening since 2011...

Edit: Wow. I was expecting those videos to be a lot better. Jungle is good, but his voice is crap once again on SCOM, NR and RQ.

Edited by magisme

Guest NGOG

Well done GNR! This had all the hallmarks of a very hostile situation. But it would seem most people actually enjoyed their experience. Bold enough setlist all things considered, glad to hear Axl delivered a solid vocal display.

:) And bacardi wasn't being a hypocrite like I claimed. I misunderstood one of his posts.

Looking forward to seeing some videos from the show. It'd be nice if they could take this positive experience and use it to jolt them into creating music again. I do fear that ignaliza is spot on, though.

Edit: Wow. I was expecting those videos to be a lot better. Jungle is good, but his voice is crap once again on SCOM, NR and RQ.

yeah, agree w you about his voice......and to think some people think it sounds good :rofl-lol:

to each his own I guess

funny that he and his old band were playing the same night

Guest NGOG

There is absolutely no way you can criticize RQ from such a poor recording. That type of video just does absolutely no justice to the mix. That said, if you're seeking rasp, it's not for you. He's singing it cleanly, that's just the reality, you can either accept or begrudge that.