GNR to headline The Governors Ball in New York: June 8, 2013

highend88

What the hell is everyone's problem? Just watched Rocket Queen. Okay, not all that raspy, sure. And i do love rasp. But saying he's shit? You harsh motherfuckers rofl. Still awesome vocals, spot on actually....how he's still singing like that at this age i'll never know.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do some people get so defensive and angry because a few random strangers on the internet don't think that Axl is putting on that great of a show?

I saw the band pretty recently. Axl and the band were amazing on Shacklers, You're Crazy, Estranged, Civil War.........and not so great on Better, YCBM and Heaven's Door. Overall I would rate the experience a solid B-plus. But it wouldn't make me angry and I wouldn't freak out and lose my mind if I came onto the forum the next day and a couple people said they thought Axl sounded bad or they didn't like the set-list. Some random dude in North Carolina's opinion doesn't ruin my personal experience of the band or a concert I attended.

Russel Nash, on 09 Jun 2013 - 8:21 PM, said:

Nosaj Thing, on 09 Jun 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

bumblecool, on 09 Jun 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

RQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFrU2fjRmrg

wow! Extremely awful performance of Rocket Queen.

Great performance of RQ. Awful is good to you right? You use that word in every post!

Thought this was pretty good. Axl was aware that vocally he cant do RQ without MM, so he didnt yelp through it but just played it nice and safe. KUDOS. GooooAxl! One of the best RQs in three years! Edited by Eu4ic

"I can do you FaaaAAAAAvors......"

Gets me every time. :max:

That and the intro are the only enjoyment I get out of RQ live anymore. The intro cuz it's good. "FaaaAAAAAvors" cuz it's hilarious. The rest is just bad. Drop this shit from the set list. Axl can't (or doesn't want to) hack it.

rocket queen from sidestage thx to paradisecity.com

https://paradisecity.com/post/51b60e44e527acca7700001e

Place was seriously pumping!

The crowd was amazing by all accounts!

Yea, crowd was so much more into than I expected!

I forgot to share one of my favorite memories since my service was shit at the show. The crowd got really rowdy for Japandroids, they were the ones "pretending" to be GN'R. I was wearing my UCAP shirt and when the crowd crushed forward the guy behind me said to me "Oh god, you and me are ABOUT to get up close and personal!" :lol:

The maniacal HAHAHA Axl laugh always gets me, especially at such an unexpected part in the song (4:08). Good shit. Axl played it smart.

RQ is a must-have. And in order for it to be done justice, Axl must-have to be be in good shape. RQ at Rio '01 was a highlight. RQ throughout '10 was a highlight. Keep it. Do it well, Axl. He did well not to yelp through the song.

He couldn't even muster a decent vocal performance for the final song of this show? FFS, Axl.

I believe you're talkin' about Paradise City? Yeah, indeed awful and weak vocals. His voice has gotten thinner?

I was watching the 2011 TMS interview a while ago and I couldn't help but laugh when he said something like "we're a band, we're working as hard as we can and we're giving it all for the fans". :rofl-lol:

He couldn't even muster a decent vocal performance for the final song of this show? FFS, Axl.

I believe you're talkin' about Paradise City? Yeah, indeed awful and weak vocals. His voice has gotten thinner?

I was watching the 2011 TMS interview a while ago and I couldn't help but laugh when he said something like "we're a band, we're working as hard as we can and we're giving it all for the fans". :rofl-lol:

Yeah. I just watched the PC video. It's terrible. And then I was like, ok, let's get to the part where someone said they had goosebumps. Shit there too.

To me, it's clear that Axl still can sing with power. He chooses not to. I mean, you saw some of the "You're Crazy" from Brooklyn Bowl. He CAN still bring it. The most plausible explanation I've heard is that he's saving his voice so he can tour for years more. Sorry, the play it safe and conservative Axl is not the Axl I fell in love with. This is fucking sad.

To me, it's clear that Axl still can sing with power. He chooses not to. I mean, you saw some of the "You're Crazy" from Brooklyn Bowl. He CAN still bring it. The most plausible explanation I've heard is that he's saving his voice so he can tour for years more. Sorry, the play it safe and conservative Axl is not the Axl I fell in love with. This is fucking sad.

Heh, yes, it is "fucking sad" that an artist is taking care of his vocal chords. Poor, poor you.

Here's an alternative theory, he is saving his voice for recording :D

Yeah. I just watched the PC video. It's terrible. And then I was like, ok, let's get to the part where someone said they had goosebumps. Shit there too.

Mediocre people will enjoy mediocre performances, what can I say.

And yeah, he's still got it but he chooses not to. Whatever the reason, it's sad. That's why I laughed at the quote from his interview in 2011.