GNR to headline The Governors Ball in New York: June 8, 2013

highend88

So.... just watch it and do your best to pretend it doesn't suck is the new advice?

:lol:

Exactly. That's the new advice being shared by Axl deluded pathetic psychotic blind fans as of late. What I find funny is, they reaaaally think someone is going to do what they say. :rofl-lol:

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... just watch it and do your best to pretend it doesn't suck is the new advice?

dont post on every video and say the same negative crap, that's what I'll say. If you don't like it, move along, no need the post, all that does is give you attempted cupcake status

I think you're mistaking me for someone else. In fact, I know you are. I only comment on videos where Axl actually does good. Which means I rarely ever comment on videos. :shrugs:

hahaha that was a damn fine reply

dont post on every video and say the same negative crap, that's what I'll say. If you don't like it, move along, no need the post, all that does is give you attempted cupcake status

I think you're mistaking me for someone else. In fact, I know you are. I only comment on videos where Axl actually does good. Which means I rarely ever comment on videos. :shrugs:
Nah my bad... didn't mean that towards you, i meant it towards the ones who do it. Every day. On every video. Pi2loc.

:rofl-lol:

The XX, one of the opening acts, is a very cool band.

If you like angry lesbians playing boring music.

Look, if you don't like them, that's one thing -- but please don't refer to them as 'angry lesbians' in such a derogatory way, as its only intention is to offend.

Every legitimate review I've seen has been positive, so something's gotta give.

You ever think that you might enjoy it more if some of you didn't act like a fucking losers and watch every single performance and critique it?

Nah, I know this from my own experience seeing Van Halen live last year. The intensity, energy and drunken antics tend to make everything sound great in the flesh. I listened/watched bootlegs on YouTube later, and realized how out of tune and generally poor Roth sounded - but at the time, in the moment, he sounded great to me.

YouTube allows you to more accurately dissect the actual sound, which can get lost in the frenzy of being in the audience. Not saying that gives YouTubers more of a right to criticize or that they're "correct" in their opinions, but any time I see people trying to slag off people watching videos on YouTube and saying "he sounds better in person," "you shouldn't be able to form opinions based on YouTube," etc., I have to wonder how they apply this rationality to all of the love that older bootleg performances get on YouTube.

Look, if you don't like them, that's one thing -- but please don't refer to them as 'angry lesbians' in such a derogatory way, as its only intention is to offend.

This. I agree with Manets, they're a cool band.

Even if you don't like them the term 'angry lesbians' isn't even relevant given that 2 of the 3 current members are male! :wacko:

Ill never understand why people who do not like what GNR is today keep coming back to a Internet forum dedicated to them.

Me too!

Guest cbgnr666

Based on the vids I watched for a festival crowd this went really well.The crowd seemed really into it.I've also been really liking the Sweet Child performances lately.

Ill never understand why people who do not like what GNR is today keep coming back to a Internet forum dedicated to them.

+ 9480957901380488904398438493804390438438329575081290309713095

+ 1 for the hell of it; cupcakes need to get a life.

Just because some posters are more critical, doesn't mean they're not fans. While you may not understand why some are here, I on the other hand don't understand why people think they have the right to define what a fan is. What's with the all or nothing mentality?

Btw, decent show. The band itself usually always delivers. It's Axl that gets most of the critique, and deservedly so. It's his performance as the singer and frontman of this group that people are most interested in.

Just because some posters are more critical, doesn't mean they're not fans. While you may not understand why some are here, I on the other hand don't understand why people think they have the right to define what a fan is. What's with the all or nothing mentality?

Btw, decent show. The band itself usually always delivers. It's Axl that gets most of the critique, and deservedly so. It's his performance as the singer and frontman of this group that people are most interested in.

Being critical is one thing. Being a cupcake, or someone who spews nothing but hate is another. I never once tried to define what a fan should be. With that being said there are a lot of posters here who I highly doubt are fans.

Edit: sorry I didn't mean to steer the thread away from what it's about.

Edited by F*ck Fear

Because it's a GNR forum, not a NuGNR forum.
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/323-hall-of-fame-original-gnr/

Anyhow,

Judging from the clips it seems like it was a solid show. It's nice to see good reviews.

LOL

This. I agree with Manets, they're a cool band.

Even if you don't like them the term 'angry lesbians' isn't even relevant given that 2 of the 3 current members are male! :wacko:

Me too!

I should have clarified that I was referring to the crowd -- my mistake. I saw them at couple months ago here in Houston at House of Blues, and the crowd was one of the shittiest, most pretentious group of cunts I've ever been around in my life.

I actually think their albums are ok, but they are boring as fuck and terrible live.

Edited by emcitymisfit

Being critical is one thing. Being a cupcake, or someone who spews nothing but hate is another. I never once tried to define what a fan should be. With that being said there are a lot of posters here who I highly doubt are fans.

Edit: sorry I didn't mean to steer the thread away from what it's about.

By questioning why certain people are here and calling them cupcakes, you most certainly are defining what your idea of what a fan "should" be.