GNR to headline The Governors Ball in New York: June 8, 2013

highend88

Mediocre people will enjoy mediocre performances, what can I say.

And yeah, he's still got it but he chooses not to. Whatever the reason, it's sad. That's why I laughed at the quote from his interview in 2011.

I know. "Giving it all for the fans." Please. He phones it in on a nightly basis.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching the 2011 TMS interview a while ago and I couldn't help but laugh when he said something like "we're a band, we're working as hard as we can and we're giving it all for the fans". :rofl-lol:

And yet that is a recurrent observation in the reviews....

Smiley sure loves his reviews.

I was watching the 2011 TMS interview a while ago and I couldn't help but laugh when he said something like "we're a band, we're working as hard as we can and we're giving it all for the fans". :rofl-lol:

And yet that is a recurrent observation in the reviews....

Smiley sure loves his reviews.

I think any intelligent person would lend more credence to testimonials from people at concerts, especially media reviewers and fans, in regards to how much effort the band is giving, rather than biased kids expressing their opinions based on a few selected and isolated youtube videos. Questions is, what would you, maynard?

i think both parts can be equally trustful. magisme is a big fan, but the "kid" (your passive aggressive insults are hilarious btw) gave his honest review, and it wasn't very positive... why disregard his opinion just because it wasn't positive? i'm done with you by the way, so you don't need to bother replying.

SM, you don't need to embark on a personal crusade against everyone that shares a different opinion to you. A concertgoer's opinion is just as valid as a reviewer's. To the other guys, if you're tired of seeing topics go around in circles, stop responding to the same statements made by the same people.

I mean, really. Magisme generally gives credit where it's due. You and he obviously hold the band to different standards and you're never going to convince each other one way or another. Your ears are going to listen to the same thing and hear it differently. :shrugs:

I've cleaned up a few posts, please try and keep it about the show. Thanks!

SM, you don't need to embark on a personal crusade against everyone that shares a different opinion to you. A concertgoer's opinion is just as valid as a reviewer's. To the other guys, if you're tired of seeing topics go around in circles, stop responding to the same statements made by the same people.

I mean, really. Magisme generally gives credit where it's due. You and he obviously hold the band to different standards and you're never going to convince each other one way or another. Your ears are going to listen to the same thing and hear it differently. :shrugs:

:thumbsup:

Heh, take a closer look at the posts you deleted, I haven't been talking about magisme or his review at all, but "Nosaj Thing"'s claim that the band isn't giving. Just read through the deleted posts and you will see, or go back in this thread and see where I came in. You are basically way off.

thank you for that, everybody (literally) agrees with this.

Heh, take a closer look at the posts you deleted, I haven't been talking about magisme or his review at all, but "Nosaj Thing"'s claim that the band isn't giving. Just read through the deleted posts and you will see, or go back in this thread and see where I came in. You are basically way off.

The post you were responding to might have been different, but my general point is still exactly the same. You keep trying to discredit opinions that differ from yours, and there's just no need or point for it man. If you have any questions about where I'm coming from, feel free to PM me.

The post you were responding to might have been different, but my general point is still exactly the same. You keep trying to discredit opinions that differ from yours, and there's just no need or point for it man. If you have any questions about where I'm coming from, feel free to PM me.

With all due respect, I think there is a difference between discrediting someone's opinion and challenging it as being as or more informed than someone that viewed the whole show as opposed to a few selected YouTube videos. I think that's what SM was saying.

That being said, I understand your general point about no need for discrediting others' opinions, but I also feel that is something that could be applied across the board.

Ali

Another concert they absolutely nailed! This “hipster” crowd seemed even livelier than the “normal” ones in US.

I see Axl like a top athlete whose sport is singing. He is always trying his best, but there are times (not lately)

no matter how much you try you only get 97% of your best performance. Just like in the Olympics or something,

you aim for it for four years, but it is not always possible to get then the best results.

(No need for the lame unfit jokes, he is fit as he can sing, run and captivate large crowds for 3 hours.

He seems to have a small belly, but as long as it does not get much bigger it is only cute.)

I have no obsession for the “rasp”. I like the clean voice as much or more and the “rasp” as a spice.

We know from people (e.g. ManetBR) who were at those concerts when he was not well like Rio IV,

that the live audience still got a great experience out of it.

thank you for that, everybody (literally) agrees with this.

Exactly. :)

Awesome photos as usual - been partially keeping up with them on Facebook and partially keeping up with them here. Those last two of Ron are outstanding! Great angle to capture his poses in both of them.

Thanks! I promise I'll get your Stones print out soon - I've just been so busy between GN'R and last minute stuff for Europe and Russian visas...if it makes you feel any better, I haven't mailed Zint's yet either :tongue2: