**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gunns

Gunns, for promo copy inquiries/reviews, email our PR person Todd on RF website.

Sent an email through, let them know the one and only Gunns is coming to town.

I didn't say anything about the OOS issues to stop anyone else from buying it. Someone else mentioned it and I said that I noticed it as well. I'm happy for those who haven't had any sync issues and hope no one else does. I must say though that I have close to 500 other blu-rays and have never noticed any sync issues with any of them (including concerts) except for this one. I'm not saying it's way off or anything, but it's definitely there. Not to be an ass, but I don't care about how many other factors there are outside of my own experience who may or may not have the same issue. Overall I feel I got my $20 out of the purchase so it's really not that big of a deal to me.

I didn't say anything about the OOS issues to stop anyone else from buying it. Someone else mentioned it and I said that I noticed it as well. I'm happy for those who haven't had any sync issues and hope no one else does. I must say though that I have close to 500 other blu-rays and have never noticed any sync issues with any of them (including concerts) except for this one. I'm not saying it's way off or anything, but it's definitely there. Not to be an ass, but I don't care about how many other factors there are outside of my own experience who may or may not have the same issue. Overall I feel I got my $20 out of the purchase so it's really not that big of a deal to me.

You bought a blu ray that's out of sync and you feel like you got your money's worth? I'm not understanding something here.

You bought a blu ray that's out of sync and you feel like you got your money's worth? I'm not understanding something here.

One of the reasons I said I wasn't interested in buying it is that I didn't think I'd watch it more than once. Outside of Michael Jackson's This Is It, I find I do that: I run out and buy blu-rays by a bunch of artists that I like and I never end up watching them more than once. With this one, I watched the whole show and a couple tracks near the beginning in 3D a few times. I sincerely doubt I'll ever watch it again, so seeing as I did what I intended when I bought it, I feel I got what I paid for. The 3D being WAY beyond what I expected and getting a few more plays was just a bonus of sorts.

Not sure that reasoning makes sense, but that's the best way I can describe it.

Wish GNR would have released a live cd too. I would listen to that more than watching the dvd.

AXS tv has had the concert on all week long and I've caught it most time. I will be waiting to watch the dvd a bit. It says there are interviews too. I would probably watch the extras first.

either way I'm glad I bought it. Maybe if it sells well, a live cd will be released somewhere in the near future.

how could this go unnoticed by Rockfuel?

That is a good question. They went off on a user here before about how long it took to edit it, if it took so long how was it un noticed?

A professional had to have known, I think they forgot or rushed it at some point? Rockfuel you still around?

It aint OCD if it is OOS it is OOS, it is or its not. Either all your players are fucked up or the pressed release got by Rockfuel and the record company...

What sucks is I was excited about getting it till I heard these issues.

Glad it's not just me being OCD about it! Thanks GG!

Edit: Wasn't it Universal who had the issues with Gladiator on bluray a few years back?

Edited by systronic

Maglsme, Russ can always exchange his for another disc where he bought it. if he chooses to . Also did you buy and watch the dvd/blu ray, since you seem to be the one with the loudest voice and concern?

He bought the dvd for me and I enjoyed it.

Is anyone else super distracted by Axl's grandma blue eye liner during Civil War?

It's black eyeliner.

Maglsme, Russ can always exchange his for another disc where he bought it. if he chooses to . Also did you buy and watch the dvd/blu ray, since you seem to be the one with the loudest voice and concern?

Don't worry about what I buy and don't buy. You're the one who put out a product. If a number of people are saying the product is somewhat defective, you're going to get criticism.

Don't worry about what I buy and don't buy. You're the one who put out a product. If a number of people are saying the product is somewhat defective, you're going to get criticism.

Coming from the one guy paying to be here

He bought the dvd for me and I enjoyed it.

Is anyone else super distracted by Axl's grandma blue eye liner during Civil War?

It's black eyeliner.

Looks blue on my tv during Civil War for some reason lol

I can tell you all from a position of intimate knowledge that RockFuel delivered a perfectly IN SYNC master file to the DVD/BluRay duplicator and their QC found a couple of shots that we looked at and changed for sync purposes, but that's it. The resulting final mastering file was in sync as perfectly as it can get. It's pretty basic when editing in that the audio time code and video time code are identical. I haven't seen a replicated BluRay yet and sure am concerned about this but I do have a check disc that I've seen and it's fine. There was a problem with at least two of the DCPs shown in a couple of theaters that made the sync drift and it upset me and the RockFuel people but that was done by a vendor who swears it was in sync...I beg to differ that point as I was there and not very happy. I know that the fire is lit and the RockFuel folks will get to the bottom of what's going on and once I get a distribution BluRay to look at I will check back in to let you all know what I see on my setup.

Really a shame this is happening to those that it has. This concert kicks some butt in my opinion and I have seen it more than any human on earth I would bet!

Cheers to you all!

• Like 3

I can tell you all from a position of intimate knowledge that RockFuel delivered a perfectly IN SYNC master file to the DVD/BluRay duplicator and their QC found a couple of shots that we looked at and changed for sync purposes, but that's it. The resulting final mastering file was in sync as perfectly as it can get. It's pretty basic when editing in that the audio time code and video time code are identical. I haven't seen a replicated BluRay yet and sure am concerned about this but I do have a check disc that I've seen and it's fine. There was a problem with at least two of the DCPs shown in a couple of theaters that made the sync drift and it upset me and the RockFuel people but that was done by a vendor who swears it was in sync...I beg to differ that point as I was there and not very happy. I know that the fire is lit and the RockFuel folks will get to the bottom of what's going on and once I get a distribution BluRay to look at I will check back in to let you all know what I see on my setup.

Really a shame this is happening to those that it has. This concert kicks some butt in my opinion and I have seen it more than any human on earth I would bet!

Cheers to you all!

Welcome to the forum, can you tell us how you know this information? Do you work for Rockfuel?

Thank you :)