**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guys, this went thru QC by UME and had no issues issues with audio sync, but happy to ask UME. I have several copies of the Blu Ray and are fine and thousands of other people have reviewed it with no issues. some players can be a bit out of sync, but happy to run by UME

Guys, this went thru QC by UME and had no issues issues with audio sync, but happy to ask UME. I have several copies of the Blu Ray and are fine and thousands of other people have reviewed it with no issues. some players can be a bit out of sync, but happy to run by UME

Thousands have reviewed it?

Ask UME what happened, there is now 2 pages of people saying it is OOS here and at other well known GNR sites.

If yours is IN SYNC mind selling me a copy? I own hundreds of movies that are not OOS so if this one is it IS the disc not the player, wouldn't you agree?

I can run a poll here to see how many bought it and how many of those are OOS then maybe we can see what percent are OOS.

Amazon on the bluray has about 50 reviews

"2 stars:

1) Watching this is like watching a poorly dubbed Chinese Kung Fu movie from the 80's. Axle's mouth and the guys' guitar moves often don't match up with what is playing. So this is really just a poorly done MTV video--for all of you who remember what an MTV video was. We are hearing a song, but not experiencing it live. The video is cobbled together."

Here is a guy that saw it in the theater that posted on our site about the OOS issues, he hoped the dvd and blu would be mixed right:

"No, I saw it last night at the Chinese theater in Hollywood. I mentioned earlier that it looked like the audio was out of sync by a few frames the entire show. Frank hitting the drums, Axl's vocals, the guitar, etc. Everything seemed OFF by a few frames."

"The first time I noticed it was when they had shots of Frank drumming, when he hit the drums...it didn't quite look right. Then when Axl was singing, it looked a bit off. At first I said to myself, well maybe they did ADR on that vocal, etc, or it was a bad edit when Frank was drumming. But it was consistent the entire show. Im sure the blu-ray is going to be 100% fine. I work in post production, so Im assuming that something happened when it was converted for screening in cinemas. I didn't hear anyone around me complaining, people were really enjoying it. But when I mentioned it to my friends about halfway through the show, they noticed it instantly. Still a cool experience. Looking forward to picking up the blu-ray."

Edited by gunsguy

@Rockfuel - I think it would be a good idea to ask if possible.

I didn't say anything earlier, but I also noticed some issues with the audio being out of sync in the digital stream (not the Blu Ray). If you go watch the drums carefully in PC you may be able to see what people are referring to.

Figures I look at this thread right after I cave and order it lol

I am thinking we will have some answers soon, I also think that if is one batch or something they can re issue it.

Having said that I am seeing a trend

no issues with AXS TV. every distributer performs QC. We had over 100 cinemas each do QC and I was at the hollywood show and a few time later in the show were just a few moments, that was from the DCP. no other issues, and from the 50 reviews only one person made a comment. I'm happy to run past UME and ask them to check into. I will say 2D and 3D on the Blu Ray will be 100% the same It would be impossible for them to be off from each other.

Edited by rockfuel

no issues with AXS TV. every distributer performs QC. We had over 100 cinemas each do QC and I was at the hollywood show and a few time later in the show were just a few moments, that was from the DCP. no other issues, and from the 50 reviews only one person made a comment. I'm happy to run past UME and ask them to check into. I will say 2D and 3D on the Blu Ray will be 100% the same It would be impossible for them to be off from each other.

I am watching the jam right before PC now on mobile device, it is def OOS.

I think that you are correct in that it's only moments (not the whole thing), but when you see them they do kind of take you out of the moment.

Seems like it's only on certain shots. Check around the 2hr 33min mark and it's particularly bad for a while, then corrects itself again.

the stream app version would def be more susceptible, because it's based on bandwidth. On the blu ray, I have not seen any issues, except a few moments that are considered edit cheats, which happen a few times, could make it appear like the sync is off, but it's not the actual audio/video sync track that is off. The show itself is absolutely in sync from what I've seen and all the QC reports.

Edited by rockfuel

the stream app version would def be more susceptible, because it's based on bandwidth. On the blu ray, I have not seen any issues, but a few moments that are considered edit cheats, which could make it appear like the sync off off, but it's not the actual audio sync, .but the show itself is absolutely in sync from what I've seen and all the QC reports.

edit cheats would be coming in and out of slow mo etc right? I don't believe that is what I am seeing on the digital version however

I agree with the stream thing, mine was running nice and smooth but I have not had a chance to see the whole thing just bits and pieces so far.

my disc should be in on Monday so I will have a better chance to sit down and enjoy it.

not all edit cheats are slo mo.. I will look into, and there is some new publications/critics that did reviews coming out this week, who got screeners, I'm told they are all rave reviews. Thanks Slash...never thought I would hear myself say that..

Edited by rockfuel
  • Like 3

not all edit cheats are slo mo.. I will look into, and there is some new publications/critics that did reviews coming out this week, who got screeners, I'm told they are all rave reviews. Thanks Slash...never thought I would hear myself say that..

Thats great for the reviews! From what I know of the show it is a great production, I am just concerned.

For us being hardcore fans we would likely be watching just a little closer than a reviewer, but that is my opinion :)

My copy was not OOS.

However my LG TV with my Samsung surround soubd blu ray can through alot of my media OOS.

So i use an adjustment in the settings in the samsung menu.

For sky tv and my 3D blu rays i have it set to 125ms spacing. For normal blu ray, nerflix, ps4, torrents..i use 150ms.

If it looks like i have issues i switch it back down or up by 25 ms and it usually sorts itself out.