**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't really understand why some fans are waiting for an international release. Why don't you just order it as an import? Or are you just cheap?

The reason why I don't like ordering things from the US is the risk of costum charges. When I recieved the dvd yesterday there was a sticker on the envelope saying if I opened the package I was accepting that I might later recieve a letter about me having to pay comstum charges, so now I'm dreading recieving this letter. It's not a sure thing that I will, but it has happened to me in the past and it's just a fucking drag.

Wait I don't get it...

I'm assuming you mean "Custom charge" but what the hell is that?? Like...if you import something they're allowed to say, "Yeah if you open this mail and receive the item inside you could receive a custom charge later" Why? If that's indeed how it works, why is that allowed? Why don't they make it an up-front thing, if that's the case.

You usually do pay it upfront, but I have in the past gotten a letter two weeks after I recieved a package with a bill in it for costum charges.

This is what the sticker says.

ba5934c8-6228-4e6e-bad2-602dc6cab9ea_zps

It's in Danish, but what it says is that there could be costum charges on this package which I might have to pay later on.

This is only my second time ordering something from Amazon.com. The first was more expensive and there was a custom fee deposit of about 40 USD. So I paid that beforehand. I thought I'd read somewhere that if you only order one dvd/cd you don't pay extra. Was the package you received a bill for afterwards something that cost more ? Or was it also in the range of a dvd or cd ?

EDIT: found this on an import duty calculator:

Notes on import taxes due
  • No duty and sales tax charges because the total value of the products is less than €22.00

So I guess I'm safe :)

Edited by Lio

there should not be custom charges because of the value, that sticker says there "might" kinda silly but its not amazon its customs

If you order from amazon.com they (amazon) will collect a fee for customs. In the event that it is not used, they will refund it.

It's showing on AXS again right now. DJ just fucks that TIL solo up so hard core....goddamnitsomuch.

Speaking of which, is Bumblefoot laughing at DJ during Patience or at what Axl's saying? I can't make out what Axl says.

I think Axl says "LIVIN' THE DREAM!" which I think is meant to make fun of DJs awful solo.

I really think he (Axl) and BBF are just straight up laughing at DJ.

It's showing on AXS again right now. DJ just fucks that TIL solo up so hard core....goddamnitsomuch.

Speaking of which, is Bumblefoot laughing at DJ during Patience or at what Axl's saying? I can't make out what Axl says.

I think Axl says "LIVIN' THE DREAM!" which I think is meant to make fun of DJs awful solo.

I really think he (Axl) and BBF are just straight up laughing at DJ.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 1

You have been bitching about this since 2009. Do you ever give it a rest :P

In fairness it's the best solo on the album and he doesn't even come close to doing it justice

UK GN'R fan here, today I received my copy of A4D via import (MUCH quicker than Amazon's expected delivery date). Watching the full show for the first time, this DVD is an honestly fantastic product. For years now we've been talking about wanting an official DVD release and after some never-ending, it seemed, delays, we FINALLY have it....so I think some serious thanks are in order for Rockfuel for finally giving us fans what we've wanted, along with putting up with 'fan' abuse and the inevitable behind-the-scenes bollocks that went on with this release, AND for continuing to stick around this place after its official release. Well done, guys, well done.

• Like 3

Guest Gunns

I don't think it's that bad...Are all you guys guitarists or something?

I play some guitar but more important than that, I possess functioning ears.

and we don't find a 40 year old man doing lame stage antics like hogan ears, sticking his middle finger up at the camera or (attempting to) playing the guitar above his head, cool

I know DJ often butchers the live solos, but you're a Jack White fan. He butchers his stuff live all the time, even if it's his style.

I know DJ often butchers the live solos, but you're a Jack White fan. He butchers his stuff live all the time, even if it's his style.

Just no. In every possible way, no.
  • Like 1

But Jack white has groove and his own style somewhat like robin fink. Dj often sounds like any other guitarist. He's good don't get me wrong I like the beautiful creatures albums but leave the fucking hulk Hogan signals in the past and buy some decent clothes and I'll take you seriously.

But Jack white has groove and his own style somewhat like robin fink. Dj often sounds like any other guitarist. He's good don't get me wrong I like the beautiful creatures albums but leave the fucking hulk Hogan signals in the past and buy some decent clothes and I'll take you seriously.

If by "groove" and "style" you mean "suck" and "a whole hell of a lot more suck", I'll agree that Robin has them in spades. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1