**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Caved in and made the purchase.

(waits for verbal abuse)

It's $15-25 for the most part depending on what version you buy&where. Pretty much anyone who can afford the Internet to post on here can buy it. I'm not sure how people could have thousands of posts on here and have no interest in buying the first Gn'R release in almost six years.

If money is an issue for some people just wait a few weeks and used copies will pop up.

Not sure if that's directed right at me, but I feel I made it clear why I was against buying it.

For me personally, I feel I can still be a fan of a band without feeling the need to purchase everything they release regardless of price or length of time since their last release.

Russ, I missed why you didn't want it. I thought you liked the current line up

At first, I was really put off by how RockFuel handled the 2010 bootleg situation. I got over that eventually but I had a ton of other music stuff come out and this was further down the list of importance. Then I watched the AXS TV broadcast and was totally against buying it again, 85% due to Axl and 15% due to Ashba™. RockFuel sticking around fielding questions on it is the only reason I caved and bought it.

(waits for verbal abuse)

I knew you had no backbone. :lol:

All I want to hear is your take on Axl. I don't care about anything else. That'll determine whether we're still friends.

Wait. We were friends?!

It's a little bit odd for the illusion songs! November rain written by Slash, Duff, Axl, Izzy? :blink:

Apparently it's because that's the way the song is officially registered. The order seems totally random too. Most of the times it's in alphabetical order, but on DC Axl is the first name, and on SCOM Izzy's the first. :shrugs:

It's a little bit odd for the illusion songs! November rain written by Slash, Duff, Axl, Izzy? :blink:

Apparently it's because that's the way the song is officially registered. The order seems totally random too. Most of the times it's in alphabetical order, but on DC Axl is the first name, and on SCOM Izzy's the first. :shrugs:

My guess is that this was some kind of deal made a long time ago (maybe settled in one of the lawsuits between Axl and the former members). The deal might be that in order for Axl to re-release any of the old material, the partnership of Slash, Duff and Izzy should get paid for it regardless of who wrote the song in the first place.

The only way to do that was to register publishing rights for all involved on all songs on the Illusions albums - the way it was already done on Appetite.

Axl got the rights to the name Guns N' Roses, but that didn't mean he automatically owned the rights to all the songs they made. So, I guess this is some kind of compromise where everyone gets paid. Slash & co could have denied him the rights to release say Dust N' Bones (which Axl didn't have credits for when released in '91), but with this deal Axl is now registered as a writer in the ASCAP directory and has publishing rights. The same goes the other way around with November Rain as an example where Slash, Izzy and Duff are registered as writers with publishing rights.

Just speculation on my part though.

• Like 1

At first, I was really put off by how RockFuel handled the 2010 bootleg situation. I got over that eventually but I had a ton of other music stuff come out and this was further down the list of importance. Then I watched the AXS TV broadcast and was totally against buying it again, 85% due to Axl and 15% due to Ashba. RockFuel sticking around fielding questions on it is the only reason I caved and bought it.

What are your thoughts now on it (Axl) compared to what you thought of the AXS version? Are they really that different?

At first, I was really put off by how RockFuel handled the 2010 bootleg situation. I got over that eventually but I had a ton of other music stuff come out and this was further down the list of importance. Then I watched the AXS TV broadcast and was totally against buying it again, 85% due to Axl and 15% due to Ashba™. RockFuel sticking around fielding questions on it is the only reason I caved and bought it.

What are your thoughts now on it (Axl) compared to what you thought of the AXS version? Are they really that different?

No. I wasn't implying that Axl's sound somehow improved from the TV broadcast to the blu ray. I was saying that regardless of how Axl sounds I made the purchase due to RockFuel really following through on their product.

• Like 1

This bluray being the first GNR release in six years is exactly the reason why I'm not buying it.

I'm looking forward to not hearing what you think about it

There's still youtube. But don't worry, I don't plan to watch the full thing. Even though WTTJ sounds good, on the other videos, Axl sounds really bad.

At first, I was really put off by how RockFuel handled the 2010 bootleg situation. I got over that eventually but I had a ton of other music stuff come out and this was further down the list of importance. Then I watched the AXS TV broadcast and was totally against buying it again, 85% due to Axl and 15% due to Ashba. RockFuel sticking around fielding questions on it is the only reason I caved and bought it.

(waits for verbal abuse)

I knew you had no backbone. :lol:

All I want to hear is your take on Axl. I don't care about anything else. That'll determine whether we're still friends.

Wait. We were friends?!

Yeah, the bootleg fiasco sucked but I think it was just a misunderstanding. It seems Rockfuel is cool now. And I know Axl will be hit and miss on this, but he won't be horrid on anything so I am excited.

I saw it at Best Buy today, I just stood there shocked I was looking at a new GNR release lol. I didn't have enough on me, but I'll get it soon!

just an FYI - the credits are listed that way, because that's how they were listed in the publishers database, so nobody even noticed "what order" they were listed, or had any issue with it...

Edited by rockfuel
  • Like 2

just an FYI - the credits are listed that way, because that's how they were listed in the publishers database, so nobody even noticed "what order" they were listed, or had any issue with it...

were you actually there for the residency? did they take video of all the nights of the residency then grab the best performances and compile them? I'm just curious about the production are there parts of a song from one night then spliced in sections from other nights? Do you foresee this one being your bestselling video or how does it compare to other releases as far as preorders and opening day sales? will you do another gnr concert or is this it?

we filmed the actual concert one night, so what you see is the actual 11/21 concert performance.

Was there any thought to filming multiple nights and selecting different cuts from each night, or would the production budget not allow for that?

Edited by Bards