**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well not on that one but it is on mine. I'm guessing there is a glitch on SOME blurays.

If you're returning it, please make sure not to cry all over the discs, that will invalidate the guarantee.

I'm sorry, but why do you attack the poster ? He clearly stated that he thinks it's a great bluray, but there are some sync issues. I had the same issue suring Civil War, so aren't we allowed to talk about that, to try and solve the problem ? Rockfuel asked themselves to specify where people saw a sync problem, so that's what we're doing.

Well not on that one but it is on mine. I'm guessing there is a glitch on SOME blurays.

If you're returning it, please make sure not to cry all over the discs, that will invalidate the guarantee.

I'm sorry, but why do you attack the poster ? He clearly stated that he thinks it's a great bluray, but there are some sync issues. I had the same issue suring Civil War, so aren't we allowed to talk about that, to try and solve the problem ? Rockfuel asked themselves to specify where people saw a sync problem, so that's what we're doing.

I accept your apology.

we spoke to UMG and the audio/video is alligned . The track that Thenightraven just posted is also perfectly in sync. That would mean, the issues are isolated . Every disc we've seen are fine, AXS TV is also fine (same file) but if yours isnt, I would suggest exchanging the disc from where you purchased it. .Also check your dvd players at a safety measure, but the masters are absolutely in sync and time codes match up.

Edited by rockfuel

What the hell is your problem? I'm just trying to see if thedisc is faulty and whether people are having the same issues. It's no attack on GN'R so back off.

we spoke to UMG and the audio/video is alligned . The track that Thenightraven just posted is also perfectly in sync. That would tell me that this would isolated.. Everyone we've seen are fine, AXS TV is also fine (same file) but if yours isnt, I would suggest exchanging the disc from where you purchased it. .Also check your dvd players at a safety measure, but the masters are absolutely in sync and time codes match up.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The folks here love to complain, they hate Axl's voice, they hate DJ Ashba, they wish the dvd was shot on a different night, etc, etc. It's incessant. Like little spoilt children, never happy.

What the hell is your problem? I'm just trying to see if thedisc is faulty and whether people are having the same issues. It's no attack on GN'R so back off.

I just wanted to make sure you could get your money back, you can't get your money back if the disc is all wet, with tears.

Edited by TheNightRaven

we spoke to UMG and the audio/video is alligned . The track that Thenightraven just posted is also perfectly in sync. That would tell me that this would isolated.. Everyone we've seen are fine, AXS TV is also fine (same file) but if yours isnt, I would suggest exchanging the disc from where you purchased it. .Also check your dvd players at a safety measure, but the masters are absolutely in sync and time codes match up.

Thanks for the answer Rockfuel. Don't have the time right now, but I'll check if the sync problems are always at the same time. I'd already suspected that it might be the dvd player. It's not that big of a problem, so I won't be returning it, as I imported it from the US to Europe and I won't be sending it back.

And thanks for the awesome job you've done :)

Ok, just tried a few tests. If I play the disc on the first audio option it's in sync. If I choose the 5.1 dts it is not. So the problem appears to be in the 5.1 dts coding.. which the YouTube version is not.

I've only watched in 5.1, so that could be it. Thanks!

Ok, just tried a few tests. If I play the disc on the first audio option it's in sync. If I choose the 5.1 dts it is not. So the problem appears to be in the 5.1 dts coding.. which the YouTube version is not.

That could be it. I only played whatever audio was set as default myself.

we spoke to UMG and the audio/video is alligned . The track that Thenightraven just posted is also perfectly in sync. That would mean, the issues are isolated . Every disc we've seen are fine, AXS TV is also fine (same file) but if yours isnt, I would suggest exchanging the disc from where you purchased it. .Also check your dvd players at a safety measure, but the masters are absolutely in sync and time codes match up.

Just wanted to say thanks again for continuing to check in on the forum in the first place. Another thanks for looking into issues like this and responding as you can. I know I said it before, but you're really going above and beyond what's expected in my opinion.

thanks Russ, I check in because I care. It won't be as often, because we are loaded with other new projects, but will check in when we can. When you have it in 5.1 mode, the speaker placement, speaker separation, size of room, and ambiance could also be a factor, but the time codes are in line. Thank you, peace.

Edited by rockfuel

thanks Russ, I check in because I care. It won't be as often, because we are loaded with other new projects, but will check in when we can. When you have it in 5.1 mode, the speaker placement, speaker separation, size of room, and ambiance could also be a factor, but the time codes are in line. Thank you, peace.

Can you tell us about your other upcoming projects? We love all kinds of bands here and can generate some great buzz!

Exactly. People need to realize there's a lot of variables in their setups like input delay on their display as well as speaker distance settings in ones surround sound setups that would need to be calibrated and they shouldn't be quick to blame the Blu-ray mastering.

I should be getting my copy tomorrow and can't wait to watch it on my projector and 5.1 system with DTS HD audio! I'll report back after watching it but I don't expect to have any problems with it.

I loved the BD and 3d is awesome. I worked on a 3D BD for a Turkish artist 2 years ago, and I no how much effort is in there. Only thing I didnt like is not having a decent special fan pack with audio cds and some gifts :) It's a pity that UMG does no marketing and PR for this.

Thanks rockfuel!