If The Current Members Didnt Join GNR, Where Do You Think They Would Be Now?

ChristmasFnatic

If Joe Satriani recommended Bumblefoot for this job, he would have for another. Bumblefoot is too good not to work.

Tommy would have had a Replacements reunion by now.

He was also doing stuff with Soul Asylum right?

Richard Fortus has a career outside of GnR. He'd be doing seasions and probably making the same money.

Not sure about Frank but he was playing with Fortus before GnR so I'm sure he would have landed some session work.

Ashba has his Ashba Swag... and Sixx Am.

Guest bellastar2355

If Joe Satriani recommended Bumblefoot for this job, he would have for another. Bumblefoot is too good not to work.

Bumblefoot would still be teaching full time, doing guitar clinics, and releasing solo albums. Maybe Satch would have recommended him for another band. I'm sure he would have found something.

Ashba would be okay. He'd have Sixx AM and his merchandise.

Fortus would be fine as well. He'd land some more session work and venture into other projects. Frank would likely follow given their relationship.

Dj would be just fine. He'd be on the road with Motley Crue while he and Sixx worked up new AM material. He also has a marketing business and boutique clothing line. His ventures may not appeal to people here, but he's remarkably successful. Not to mention that he has Sixx:AM and session work to keep him afloat. He'd be just fine.

Richard would be absolutely fine with his music work. Thin Lizzy, Rhianna, Nena, plus the Compulsions on the side. He'd get those types of side work regardless of Guns, and he would be marvelous. He's a great musician with a great stage presence.

Bumble was already a cult favorite before joining GNR. He'd have at least stayed at that level, probably taken off. He'd be doing exactly what he does now - touring, teaching master classes, doing m&gs, and generally rocking the outreach. He'd be a fan favorite wherever he goes, and would steadily increase his popularity. Not to mention he'd be happier and healthier without the GNR touring schedule to interfere with his recovery.

Frank has his wagon hitched to Richard outside of GNR and would get lots of work with him. If they worked on The Compulsions full time, I could see that project seriously taking off.

Dizzy, Tommy, and Chris would probably be nowhere.

His ventures may not appeal to people here, but he's remarkably successful.

Just out of curiosity, and not trying to be rude or sarcastic, but how do you know that? Honest question, as I don't know how one finds out that information. I wouldn't know if his side businesses made a million dollars last year or if he is pulling in $1,000 a month off of them.

So when you say he's remarkably successful in terms of his clothing line, car sales, etc - how do you know that, and what kind of numbers are you talking about?

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, and not trying to be rude or sarcastic, but how do you know that? Honest question, as I don't know how one finds out that information. I wouldn't know if his side businesses made a million dollars last year or if he is pulling in $1,000 a month off of them.

So when you say he's remarkably successful in terms of his clothing line, car sales, etc - how do you know that, and what kind of numbers are you talking about?

Thanks.

What If he would have said Ashba seems to be remarkably successful?Would that be alright?

Dizzy: Hard to say since he's been sucking off the GN'R teat for so long. If he had not gotten his big break with Guns N' Roses in 1990, probably back home in Colorado.

Chris: Probably still invovled with music, but probably much more behind the scenes type stuff. I think one of the biggest persks of him being in Guns N' Roses is the fact that he gets to play so many live shows.

Bumblefoot: "Bumblefoot would be in a guitar store talking about all the geeky technical aspects of the guitar and doing guitar classes." Previous poster summed it up well.

DJ Ashba: As others have said, he certainly had a viable career being in Sixx A.M. and his work with Crue. I would guess, had he not gotten the extra exposure of being in Guns N' Roses, he would have either worked more on studio work (didn't he produce some Neil Diamond album?) and his merchandise.

Richard: About the only member of the band who I cannot see having any real different career path had he been in GN'R or not. He'd still be playing and touring with big names in pop and rock.

Frank: Same as above. As others have said, this is mainly becuase of his connection to Richard.

Tommy Stinson: Probably continued with Soul Asylum...or dead.

Thanks.

What If he would have said Ashba seems to be remarkably successful?Would that be alright?

Sure. He can post whtaever he'd like. This is a forum, for people to share their ideas and opinions.

I was simply asking a question. I'm not bashing DJ or praising him.

Does anybody know how successful DJ's side business really are? I'm just curious if Ashba Swag brings in a grand a month of profit or if it is making him a million bucks a year. No big deal either way, just curious.

In other bands or doing their own shit. Musicians find gigs whereever they can. These guys are very talented, so I'm glad they are in GNR, but I'm sure they would find other jobs. I know DJ was in Sixx AM and Frank, the drummer played for Paul McCartney, so if you're good, you'll find a job, but I think being in GNR gives them more exposure and more money.