Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

I saw them on the Voodoo Lounge tour back in 1994. It was AWESOME. I've seen them now though so even though I'd love to go again I don't think I'll ever travel to see them. Not that it wouldn't be worth it but just not a band I'm willing to dish out travel money NOW that I've seen them.

I saw them on the Babylon tour and this is basically where I stand.

Why are they even touring now. Just cashing in? The tour was meant to support the 50th anniversary and a hits set and that was 2012!! It has been, ten years since they put out a new album.

Weren't they gonna do another blu ray?

They're probably going to put more You Tube clips up.

As long as they're able to do it and people are paying to go see them, they're going to keep doing shows. Always the possibility of new music.

New reissue - I'm guessing Black and Blue and Let It Bleed, and there's always rumors of C.S. Blues being officially released.

I really wish they would do a new studio album, but I don't see it happening. 2012-now would have been ideal to drop it, and since they are hitting all the major markets in that period, I don't see them spending a year or two making an album to tour again.

Doom and Gloom was really, really good. A new album would have been cool but its all good!

I really wish they would do a new studio album, but I don't see it happening. 2012-now would have been ideal to drop it, and since they are hitting all the major markets in that period, I don't see them spending a year or two making an album to tour again.

Doom and Gloom was really, really good. A new album would have been cool but its all good!

I'd have loved that too! I'm kind of hoping they're secretly writing on the road. But that's probably just idle hope. :unsure:

But why are touring since the 50th anniversary/hits set was three years ago? Just cash?

Yeah.

But its the Stones so who cares? :lol:

They're hitting markets they didn't hit in 2011-2013, too. They're too old for super tours so imagine its all sort of the same thing with each leg really spread out

The thing with the Stones is once they start touring it is hard to stop the machine because once they stop for too long it takes forever to get it going again especially at their age.

Based on the shows I saw this past tour Keef may not have too many more shows left in him as he really struggled at times. If they were smart they would let Mick T play the whole show to cover for Keef.

I am surprised they are playing stadiums as they struggled to fill arenas here last tour. They really better make tickets more affordable or they will have a lot of empty seat this go around.

I am really hoping they play some MSG dates in NYC as that has been their defacto home here in the states. That is one show I would overpay to see one last time as that is where I first saw them back in 1975.

• Like 1

The thing with the Stones is once they start touring it is hard to stop the machine because once they stop for too long it takes forever to get it going again especially at their age.

Based on the shows I saw this past tour Keef may not have too many more shows left in him as he really struggled at times. If they were smart they would let Mick T play the whole show to cover for Keef.

I am surprised they are playing stadiums as they struggled to fill arenas here last tour. They really better make tickets more affordable or they will have a lot of empty seat this go around.

I am really hoping they play some MSG dates in NYC as that has been their defacto home here in the states. That is one show I would overpay to see one last time as that is where I first saw them back in 1975.

I forgot, how many shows did you see on 50 on Counting?

I forgot, how many shows did you see on 50 on Counting?

2 in Boston and 1 in Singapore. I also downloaded most of the audience recordings from the shows from the tour from the IORR website and Keef really struggled with his playing at times. There were shows he could barely play cords and then there were shows he held his own, like Glastonbury Faire.

I just feel I am being conned with the Stones. £100, £200, whatever they cost - the '60s spirit is truly fuckin dead. Jagger there in the counting office counting the dividends after the show like Shylock. It is a swizz.

Overpriced no doubt but they still put on a hell of a show and if you are a fan you get your moneys worth....especially if you got the $85 mystery tickets........ :lol:

• Like 1

I just feel I am being conned with the Stones. £100, £200, whatever they cost - the '60s spirit is truly fuckin dead. Jagger there in the counting office counting the dividends after the show like Shylock. It is a swizz.

Overpriced no doubt but they still put on a hell of a show and if you are a fan you get your moneys worth....especially if you got the $85 mystery tickets........ :lol:
Yeah, especially when you get pit tickets from your $85's :shades:

No doubt Power I was happy with my lower bowl tix I got for Boston but you definitely hit the Lottery! :lol:

• Like 1

No doubt Power I was happy with my lower bowl tix I got for Boston but you definitely hit the Lottery! :lol:

Abd i was happy with my $220 nosebleed lol

I mean, no matter how you slice it, the $85's were a great deal. Even if you got literally the worst seats in the venue, you were still getting them cheaper than face value. Being able to get better seats just really sweetened the deal.

I mean, no matter how you slice it, the $85's were a great deal. Even if you got literally the worst seats in the venue, you were still getting them cheaper than face value. Being able to get better seats just really sweetened the deal.

Oh yeah, totally. I just had to get my Chicago ticket last minute because my ex and I were so broke at the time. I totally don't care about the absurd price I spent for my 1 ticket in the last row, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen

Man, I just do not get the people on IORR at all. They complain about EVERYTHING. Venues, cities, dates, setlist, ticket prices, gas prices, there's no pleasing them. They make us look like a community that has nothing to complain about.

The latest one over there that I'm laughing it is the nearly unanimous opinion that it's good it doesn't look like Mick Taylor is doing this tour because it's been overdone the last 3 years. These are the same people that were bitching a year ago that Mick only did 2 songs every night, and when he'd occasionally do something extra they'd complain it was a song he didn't have anything to do with (i.e. Streets Of Love)