Richard Fortus comments on new music this year

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

Unfortunately ,I missed the chat 4tus had on the dead daisies facebook page, but here is the gnr related responses

Q My question is there's been a lot flying around lately about a new GNR album can you shed any light on this totally understand if you can not

A thanks Roy! We're working on it!

Q Hey Richard, Axl said recently that he's planning on releasing silkworms this year, any chance that the song will feature on the next album?

A Rob, you are correct.

Q Will the 3D GNR concert get a release in Australia ??

A good question....hmmmm....

Q Would a joint tour of GNR & Sixx Am ever be in the future ??

A i doubt that

Q "Out of bumblefoot or Dj ashba whose the better guitarist haha ??
Any new gnr material this year ?

A I piss all over both of 'em!

Q: Hi Richard! How was born the idea of doing a song with Slash?

RF: trust me, it wasn't my idea! The song was done before I was asked to play with the band.
Edited by Gunns

The complete quote on the Silkworms thing:

Rob Erdem: Hey Richard, Axl said recently that he's planning on releasing silkworms this year, any chance that the song will feature on the next album?
Aaron Desveaux: Hey man, silkworms was a rough demo of prostitute or rhiad & the benodunis
Rob Erdem: no, its not a demo of prostitute or rhiad, its an original song. Richard can you shed some light on perhaps new music this year?
Richard: Aaron, you are mistaken and Rob, you are correct.

So it could be Richard is replying to the confusing regarding what Silkworms are, and not necessarily whether it will be released this year.

Guest Gunns

Rob Erdem: Hey Richard, Axl said recently that he's planning on releasing silkworms this year, any chance that the song will feature on the next album?

Aaron Desveaux: Hey man, silkworms was a rough demo of prostitute or rhiad & the benodunis

Rob Erdem: no, its not a demo of prostitute or rhiad, its an original song. Richard can you shed some light on perhaps new music this year?

So it could be Richard is replying to the confusing regarding what Silkworms are, and not necessarily whether it will be released this year.

well from what I can gather, Richard gave a 2part answer to 2 different people, firstly he answered Aarons question about silkworms being riad/prostitute and thus being mistaken, and then said ' you are correct' to Rob's question regarding silkworms getting released this year or being on the new album

Edited by Gunns

well from what I can gather, Richard gave a 2part answer to 2 different people, firstly he answered Aarons question about silkworms being riad/prostitute and thus being mistaken, and then said ' you are correct' to Rob's question regarding silkworms getting released this year or being on the new album

That could very well be, I just don't see it as a clear cut case.

Guest bellastar2355

Be nice to have Silkworms released this year....

Interesting. Although Richards been saying this since early last year. I do reckon this is the year for music though, come november/december. I think a lot is going on in the background that we're not hearing.

I think it will be november/december of 2014 though

Also thought this was worth posting:

RF: trust me, it wasn't my idea! The song was done before I was asked to play with the band.
Another:
Q: Hi Richard Fortus! I have been lucky enough to see you play with Guns N' Roses in Las Vegas last November and just last month in Brisbane. Can you divulge to us die hard fans if there are any plans to head to the studio to record new material? I think you are an amazing guitarist and would LOVE to hear some cool, unique new stuff from what I consider to be the most intensely epic GnR line up to date!

RF: ahhh, thanks Kylie! Really appreciate your kind words and support. Yes, we are preparing to record some new stuff.

Guest Gunns

Added to op.

It seems very clear now given the proper context that his answer is regarding Silkworms being an original song and not that it will feature on a new album.

I honestly think a new cd will come with the appetite for democracy dvd. So we get a dvd and cd all in one. But it won't be any "new" material, just cd leftovers with ashba and bumble solos on them. but hey, its something. But Iwould rather see this band write and record an actual album, but that is probably 3 to 5 years away imo.

Another:
Q: Hi Richard Fortus! I have been lucky enough to see you play with Guns N' Roses in Las Vegas last November and just last month in Brisbane. Can you divulge to us die hard fans if there are any plans to head to the studio to record new material? I think you are an amazing guitarist and would LOVE to hear some cool, unique new stuff from what I consider to be the most intensely epic GnR line up to date!

RF: ahhh, thanks Kylie! Really appreciate your kind words and support. Yes, we are preparing to record some new stuff.

Preparing to record doesn't sound too promising...

Saw this on htgth

from gnr france twitter:

Guns N' Roses France‏@gnrfrance 1h
Richard Fortus a déclaré aujourd'hui sur un chat Facebook que le plan avec Guns était de sortir un nouvel album pour la fin de l'année 2013!in english:

richard fortus has announced today on a facebook chat that guns has a plan to release a new album by the end of the year 2013!

______

Pretty bold statement...

Saw this on htgth

from gnr france twitter:

Guns N' Roses France‏@gnrfrance 1h

Richard Fortus a déclaré aujourd'hui sur un chat Facebook que le plan avec Guns était de sortir un nouvel album pour la fin de l'année 2013!in english:

richard fortus has announced today on a facebook chat that guns has a plan to release a new album by the end of the year 2013!

______

Pretty bold statement...

I won't believe it until I see the source....