June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

For the media they know he's 51 and know how demanding vocals are on any Guns N Roses song so it's a miracle he's still performing, and nailing many of the hits. The media won't have the same expectations of Axl as we do because we have followed every year of his performing life and know how shortly removed we are from 2010. As long as he's on time, not kicking any fans out and putting on shows then the media sees that as a success. There are very few true American rock stars. Axl Rose is a rarity and someone who comes around once in a generation..if that. His legend is built on the good and the bad and that's why the media will always be fascinated with him. Axl has been to hell and back in his life so it is a miracle he's still putting on shows and we should be thankful for that. I hope he continues to kick ass for another decade, and hopefully be remembered for what makes him one of the greatest rock stars of all time.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mama P5 is so cool!

Looking at the Youtube videos they still gave a great show despite the health problems.

In the WTTJ Axl was already singing a bit differently than normally.

Richard and Dj looked both very serious, so I guess Dj was not feeling too good either.

In the video of his solo the audience seemed to like it a lot.

The best thing about charging 150 € is that it keeps most of the whiners away

which creates a great concert experience for those who are there to have a good time.

The band is in mature stage and it is headed by Axl. There is not that much need for

“expensive CEO type manager” as in telling the band what is needed to do to get

media attention and record deals.

Sick or not - great songs, musicians and a legendary singer: the best rock show there is.

I hope the food poisoning is healing well and it is not the type which takes them to ICU

and leaves them weak for months.

I give a lot of props to Axl for doing as much he did once the Shit almost hit the Pants. Just because they now usually play for so long and cut it short due to the shits is no big deal. I couldn't imagine having to sing when you don't know whether or not your butt will hold in such copious amounts of digested Buffalo Wings. I also don't think that 150 dollars is too much to ask considering the size of the venue and the fact that GNR's crew is so huge.

It's great that this $150 show for the hardcore fan didn't just turn out to be a shorter, shittier version of the UCAP tour with the songs mixed up. Way to go Team Brazil. Great job at not running this fine band into the ground. I think I could fit about 5 people into my basement after the band sets up. Maybe I should contact them so they can show their appreciation for their top 5 fans. Free doughnuts for Axl if they accept.

FFS! They played less songs as Axl got sick. They didn't have an intention to do so. It's hard to perform when you don't know whether you're gonna shit your pants or throw up the next moment.

FFS, I'm going to start blaming illness for every time I fuck up too. It seems to work for Axl. Maybe he should be tested for HIV. :shrugs:

Maybe he just saw that there were mygnr members very close and shit himself. Thanks a lot mygnr representatives. You made Axl shit himself and end the show early. :max:

The fuck you say. I wasn't spending $20 for that, much less $150.

FFS, I'm going to start blaming illness for every time I fuck up too. It seems to work for Axl. Maybe he should be tested for HIV. :shrugs:

Yes! It's been like two times now in 700+ concerts!! GRRRRRRR!

Not sure what you're GRRRRRRRing about. Everything about this travesty is perfect to you. :shrugs:

Mama P5 is so cool!

Looking at the Youtube videos they still gave a great show despite the health problems.

Richard and Dj looked both very serious, so I guess Dj was not feeling too good either.

The best thing about charging 150 € is that it keeps most of the whiners away

which creates a great concert experience for those who are there to have a good time.

The band is in mature stage and it is headed by Axl. There is not that much need for

“expensive CEO type manager” as in telling the band what is needed to do to get

Sick or not - great songs, musicians and a legendary singer: the best rock show there is.

I hope the food poisoning is healing well and it is not the type which takes them to ICU

She has consumed the kool-aid.....and it tasted very good to her.

And your comment about the price keeping the whiners away is one of the more idiotic posts in this forum over the past three months.

People on this forum are funny.

When GnR gets a bad review it's "F*ck the critics and media, they are haters with a bias against Axl. Who cares what they say."

But when GnR gets a good review then it's an entirely differently story. Now that random reviewer/critic's opinion is relevant and really matters!!!!

Apparently the only time we should listen to a critic/reviewer is if they give a positive review to a show. And the only time they aren't biased is if they say good things about Axl.

It's also weird how some of you need a show to get a positive review from a complete stranger to make it enjoyable or acceptable for you. Weird how you let complete stranger's opinions have so much effect on you. Whatever happened to just going and enjoying a show and not worrying about what other people think?

This is why people hate DJ. Besides the fact that he constantly begs for applause he tries to make up for his lack of guitar chops by moving his hands really quickly up and down the neck and when he does finally land on a note he noodles the hell out of it. He also plays each uninspired hackney riff he thinks sounds super cool twice just in case you missed it the first time. We heard it the first time DJ and it got worse when you repeated it to prove it wasn't an accident.

I don't know how Axl can listen to this solo backstage and be proud DJ is his lead guitar player.

Mama P5 is so cool!

The best thing about charging 150 is that it keeps most of the whiners away

expensive CEO type manager as in telling the band what is needed to do to get

She has consumed the kool-aid.....and it tasted very good to her.

And your comment about the price keeping the whiners away is one of the more idiotic posts in this forum over the past three months.

People on this forum are funny.

When GnR gets a bad review it's "F*ck the critics and media, they are haters with a bias against Axl. Who cares what they say."

But when GnR gets a good review then it's an entirely differently story. Now that random reviewer/critic's opinion is relevant and really matters!!!!

Apparently the only time we should listen to a critic/reviewer is if they give a positive review to a show. And the only time they aren't biased is if they say good things about Axl.

It's also weird how some of you need a show to get a positive review from a complete stranger to make it enjoyable or acceptable for you. Weird how you let complete stranger's opinions have so much effect on you. Whatever happened to just going and enjoying a show and not worrying about what other people think?

we all understand, no need to post the same paragraphs Edited by GNRFan53

For me i'd trust any haters opinion on here more if he attended a concert than someone just reviewing it who got a free media ticket to the show.

People care about reviews but they are just published opinions. They already know how bias they will be before it starts anyway.there usually annoying student types that are overly critical to help there port folio media degree or whatever.

i found it hilarious when team brazil cancelled the media from the concert last week because they were writing shit about GNR.

Edited by Axl_morris

I don't know what that one reviewer is talking about. Despite the fuck-ups, Civil War and Better were highlights. Estranged, unfortunately, was indeed a snoozer.

Thanks for giving us an honest review of the show!!!!

Sucks Axl got sick, but glad you at least enjoyed part of your evening.

Who cares what the media says anyway, the fans in attendance are what matters.

"Who cares what the media says anyway, the fans in attendance are what matters." -- Grogham

Too right!

I don't care about reviews because it's one person's opinion. If I'm at the show and have a good time, then that's all that's important to me.

I've seen many 80's rock bands who have done new music since the 80's and 90's, but they mostly still play their hits. They know that's what fans want to hear. Everytime I've seen GNR, they've played their hits and then some. I love this band, so I'm not bored at all.

It's the same with movies, most of the movies I love to see don't get good reviews, but I don't care. If I see it and like it, that's all I need. Some of those so called Oscar contenders are such bores, but the critics love them. Who cares? If you love a band or a movie or a tv show, your opinions is all that matters.

The reason GNR is now getting good reviews is that they are being reviewed exclusively as a nostalgia act rather than as a viable, active band from whom we expect to hear new music. The bar has been lowered practically to the ground.

(my bold)

Incorrect, sir. Not exclusively. Outlooks of reviewers vary considerably, from media and fans alike.

Edited by machinegunner

The reason GNR is now getting good reviews is that they are being reviewed exclusively as a nostalgia act rather than as a viable, active band from whom we expect to hear new music. The bar has been lowered practically to the ground.

(my bold)

Incorrect, sir. Not exclusively. Outlooks of reviewers vary considerably, from media and fans alike.

Sure.

I dunno what's up with Axl. He goes to further lengths than anybody alive to assure others that he isnt a poser, then he hires DJ Ashba. wtf.

He can't be held responsible for the actions of others, no more than he could control Slash and Duff. At least Ashba doesn't do embarrassing drunken interviews and turn up legless rambling on incoherently, and yes being posers, at worldwide-televised award shows like the AMAs -- that was FAR more embarrassing and damaging to the band.

I dunno what's up with Axl. He goes to further lengths than anybody alive to assure others that he isnt a poser, then he hires DJ Ashba. wtf.

He can't be held responsible for the actions of others, no more than he could control Slash and Duff. At least Ashba doesn't do embarrassing drunken interviews and turn up legless rambling on incoherently, and yes being posers, at worldwide-televised award shows like the AMAs -- that was FAR more embarrassing and damaging to the band.

So it's a black eye to the forum to question incompetent management, but shit like this is a feather in the cap. Gotcha.

You don't think the constant whoring of his Swagg is embarrassing to the GnR brand name? Or him bragging/tweeting about how much booze he drank, how much ass he kicked, or about tearing up hotel rooms and yelling at old lady hotel maids who tried to tell him he couldn't smoke in a non-smoking room????

And you clearly don't know what the word poser means. Here is the difference. Slash/Duff got hammered and didn't care about the rules of a live awards show. DJ would go, kiss everybody's ass, try and sell some Swagg.........but then go home and tweet/facebook/myspace/instragram that after the awards show he drank three bottles of jack, kicked some random guy's ass and then tore up his hotel room.

DJ is one of the biggest posers in rock music right now. And every concert he also plays the guitar parts that Slash created......so ya, let's be real on who the actual poser is.

SORRY SUBS.................back on topic.

Edited by Groghan

I did see one person wearing Ashba Swag at the show last night. Oddly enough, it was some short, fat middle-aged (I think) dude. The only way I knew it was Swag was cuz "ASHBASWAG" was printed in huge letters across the back of the shirt. :rofl-lol: