June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Not self deprecation. Apparently he wasn't feeling well. Ate something that gave him the shits. I'm not joking. He talked about something's (I couldn't understand what) "revenge" and how his ass (literal ass) wasn't happy or excited. Before KOHD (I think) he apologized for not giving a lot of energy and said that he was doing his best not to throw up. I don't know what to make of it all. His voice and energy were pretty great for the first few songs, then everything took a nosedive. He stopped moving, he stopped belting the songs. There were a couple more good moments. TIL was uneven but decent. KOHD was unbearably long and boring, but he sounded good at times during it. Overall, though, after Better, which was great minus Ashba, Axl was pretty fucking poor. Sickness, out of shape (he is fat guys, there's no way around it) or both, I don't know. I do know that the set wasn't supposed to be so short. They did a mic check at the piano for Axl pre-show which I assume was for NR, and Ron was taking out the acoustic guitar after Seeker, I assume for Patience, but Axl told him to put the acoustic away, and they went straight into PC. I don't have the energy to go into much more detail right now. I'm fucking exhausted.

Fortus was terrific.

Ashba was a disgusting embarrassment, even without doing Hogan ears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montezuma%27s_revenge#Montezuma.27s_revenge

Happened to him after Central America back in 2010, too ("How much revenge does one man need?!").

Wonder how he did his best not to throw up, it's involuntary. Poor thing, nothing worse than nausea & the fear of running off stage or worse still being sick in front of everyone (which could start a chain reaction) throwing-up.gif

It's great that this $150 show for the hardcore fan didn't just turn out to be a shorter, shittier version of the UCAP tour with the songs mixed up. Way to go Team Brazil. Great job at not running this fine band into the ground. I think I could fit about 5 people into my basement after the band sets up. Maybe I should contact them so they can show their appreciation for their top 5 fans. Free doughnuts for Axl if they accept.

It's great that this $150 show for the hardcore fan didn't just turn out to be a shorter, shittier version of the UCAP tour with the songs mixed up. Way to go Team Brazil. Great job at not running this fine band into the ground. I think I could fit about 5 people into my basement after the band sets up. Maybe I should contact them so they can show their appreciation for their top 5 fans. Free doughnuts for Axl if they accept.

FFS! They played less songs as Axl got sick. They didn't have an intention to do so. It's hard to perform when you don't know whether you're gonna shit your pants or throw up the next moment.

FFS! They played less songs as Axl got sick. They didn't have an intention to do so. It's hard to perform when you don't know whether you're gonna shit your pants or throw up the next moment.

Then perhaps they should have cancelled and refunded the fans if Axl knew he was likely to give a subpar performance? They only set up the show two days ago.

Yes, they should have cancelled the show. And I would've totally understood that. But taking into account the band's notoriety, it's kinda a no-win situation. Axl would've been called an asshole in any case.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

I was there. Was hoping for a longer setlist with maybe some suprizes, but overall it was a good show.

Seeing Axl for 10' away with no mob of people pushing up against me like usual was worth $150 alone.

Place is absolutely awesome BTW.

I have been to countless concerts that went for 90 mins. Chill the fuck out.

And the tickets to those concerts were often +$150.

Honestly, can GnR/Axl ever get a break?

Doing a show just under 2 hours is nothing to complain about.

It's just a good thing GNR's not playing TONIGHT at an outdoor venue. Kings of Leon still have a big following?

Axl vs Nas tomorrow - rock legend vs hip hop legend.

I wouldn't say Kings would have a massive following, but it is NYC the hipster capital of the world, so maybe they do.

I LOVE Nas, but Axl more :awesomeface:

Then perhaps they should have cancelled and refunded the fans if Axl knew he was likely to give a subpar performance? They only set up the show two days ago.

Axl got sick during the show.

If they had cancelled of course you would have totally understood & not criticised Axl for not turning up at the last minute would you?

You would totally believe he had gastro or food poisoning, just like so many didn't believe he had strep throat at the school performance but went ahead anyway. He just cannot do the right thing.

I was there. Was hoping for a longer setlist with maybe some suprizes, but overall it was a good show.

Seeing Axl for 10' away with no mob of people pushing up against me like usual was worth $150 alone.

Place is absolutely awesome BTW.

Lets hope the 600 odd people attending don't all get gastro. Whoever got the whistle & mic should sterilise them just in case.

Holy shit, are people seriously still complaining about the ticket price?

Look, here is the bottom line. This is NYC. Shit is expensive.

...and that is declaring that $150 is 'a lot' of money, which I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $150 is NYC is nothing. Less than nothing. Gum on the bottom of your shoe nothing but nothing.

I hate to sound holier than thou to the mid-westerners or whoever it is that is complaining, but it is the truth,

...and that is declaring that $150 is 'a lot' of money, which I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $150 is NYC is nothing. Less than nothing. Gum on the bottom of your shoe nothing but nothing.

I hate to sound holier than thou to the mid-westerners or whoever it is that is complaining, but it is the truth,

I am not a big fan of the current band but I have to agree. What could be better than seeing them up close and personal in a small venue like this? I am huge Stones fan and I would kill to see them in a small club like that. For a once in a lifetime opportunity like that I would easily pay the crazy $600 for ticket the Stones are charging for the decent Arena seats this tour to see them in a small club. So IMHO I don't think the $150 is unreasonable in this case.............

I am not a big fan of the current band but I have to agree. What could be better than seeing them up close and personal in a small venue like this? I am huge Stones fan and I would kill to see them in a small club like that. For a once in a lifetime opportunity like that I would easily pay the crazy $600 for ticket the Stones are charging for the decent Arena seats this tour to see them in a small club. So IMHO I don't think the $150 is unreasonable in this case.............

My go to line about NYC is that if you want to do something cool, outside of a 'public event' or whatever you are going to spend at least $100.

It's just the way it is. Anything worthwhile here costs money.

I think its funny that you cant get in to see a Knicks game for less than like $120, and I am talking nosebleed versus some shit-ass team, but $150 to watch Axl from 10' away is ludicrous.

Live here for a while and you will understand.

FFS, I'm going to start blaming illness for every time I fuck up too. It seems to work for Axl. Maybe he should be tested for HIV. :shrugs: