June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop posting and go get drunk dude. :lol:

Cutoff in NY is 2 AM :P Besides, gotta drive 3 hours tonight, couldn't get drunk tonight.

Chris' thing didn't last long, maybe 20 mins. Did meet Dizzy on the way to our car though, which was cool since we didn't get to when we saw him solo a few months ago. He was super nice, spent a couple mins talking with us.

Sounds fab, glad you are having a blast. Axl just tweeted about it. Weird seeing his tweets on the feed, he does it so rarely!

I wonder what he meant by the "hope I wasn't 2 disappointing" comment.

That had me wondering too. Maybe he is aware of how shit his voice is.

Sounds fab, glad you are having a blast. Axl just tweeted about it. Weird seeing his tweets on the feed, he does it so rarely!

Self depreciation ?

No. Not self deprecation. Apparently he wasn't feeling well. Ate something that gave him the shits. I'm not joking. He talked about something's (I couldn't understand what) "revenge" and how his ass (literal ass) wasn't happy or excited. Before KOHD (I think) he apologized for not giving a lot of energy and said that he was doing his best not to throw up. I don't know what to make of it all. His voice and energy were pretty great for the first few songs, then everything took a nosedive. He stopped moving, he stopped belting the songs. There were a couple more good moments. TIL was uneven but decent. KOHD was unbearably long and boring, but he sounded good at times during it. Overall, though, after Better, which was great minus Ashba, Axl was pretty fucking poor. Sickness, out of shape (he is fat guys, there's no way around it) or both, I don't know. I do know that the set wasn't supposed to be so short. They did a mic check at the piano for Axl pre-show which I assume was for NR, and Ron was taking out the acoustic guitar after Seeker, I assume for Patience, but Axl told him to put the acoustic away, and they went straight into PC. I don't have the energy to go into much more detail right now. I'm fucking exhausted.

Fortus was terrific.

Ashba was a disgusting embarrassment, even without doing Hogan ears.

Edited by magisme

Self depreciation ?

No. Not self deprecation. Apparently he wasn't feeling well. Ate something that gave him the shits. I'm not joking. He talked about something's (I couldn't understand what) "revenge" and how his ass (literal ass) wasn't happy or excited. Before KOHD (I think) he apologized for not giving a lot of energy and said that he was doing his best not to throw up. I don't know what to make of it all. His voice and energy were pretty great for the first few songs, then everything took a nosedive. He stopped moving, he stopped belting the songs. There were a couple more good moments. TIL was uneven but decent. KOHD was unbearably long and boring, but he sounded good at times during it. Overall, though, after Better, which was great minus Ashba, Axl was pretty fucking poor. Sickness, out of shape (he is fat guys, there's no way around it) or both, I don't know. I do know that the set wasn't supposed to be so short. They did a mike check at the piano for Axl pre-show which I assume was for NR, and Ron was taking out the acoustic guitar after Seeker, I assume for Patience, but Axl told him to put the acoustic away, and they went straight into PC. I don't have the energy to go into much more detail right now. I'm fucking exhausted.

Fortus was terrific.

Montezuma's revenge. He had the shits.

I am genuinely sorry he wasn't in top shape for your gig, I hope you still had a great time.

Edited by SoulMonster

Self depreciation ?

No. Not self deprecation. Apparently he wasn't feeling well. Ate something that gave him the shits. I'm not joking. He talked about something's (I couldn't understand what) "revenge" and how his ass (literal ass) wasn't happy or excited. Before KOHD (I think) he apologized for not giving a lot of energy and said that he was doing his best not to throw up. I don't know what to make of it all. His voice and energy were pretty great for the first few songs, then everything took a nosedive. He stopped moving, he stopped belting the songs. There were a couple more good moments. TIL was uneven but decent. KOHD was unbearably long and boring, but he sounded good at times during it. Overall, though, after Better, which was great minus Ashba, Axl was pretty fucking poor. Sickness, out of shape (he is fat guys, there's no way around it) or both, I don't know. I do know that the set wasn't supposed to be so short. They did a mic check at the piano for Axl pre-show which I assume was for NR, and Ron was taking out the acoustic guitar after Seeker, I assume for Patience, but Axl told him to put the acoustic away, and they went straight into PC. I don't have the energy to go into much more detail right now. I'm fucking exhausted.

Fortus was terrific.

Shit, I'm sorry bro.

Self depreciation ?

Fortus was terrific.

Thanks for the report, explains a lot. Hopefully he's feeling better by Saturday. Last thing he needs is another reason for that crowd to shit on him.

Fortus was terrific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montezuma%27s_revenge#Montezuma.27s_revenge

Happened to him after Central America back in 2010, too ("How much revenge does one man need?!").

yeah, that explains a lot.

if it wasn't for the diarrhea, there would have been plenty of new songs and the setlist wouldn't have been based on the afd nostalgia.

No one said that. It explains the fact that the show was 6 songs shorter than usual and it explains why he made that tweet.

yeah, that explains a lot.

if it wasn't for the diarrhea, there would have been plenty of new songs and the setlist wouldn't have been based on the afd nostalgia.

No one said that. It explains the fact that the show was 6 songs shorter than usual and it explains why he made that tweet.

Yes. I was obviously wrong when I thought the show would be a short one.