June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, are people seriously still complaining about the ticket price?

Look, here is the bottom line. This is NYC. Shit is expensive.

...and that is declaring that $150 is 'a lot' of money, which I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $150 is NYC is nothing. Less than nothing. Gum on the bottom of your shoe nothing but nothing.

I hate to sound holier than thou to the mid-westerners or whoever it is that is complaining, but it is the truth,

this may be true, but considering I've seen Slash 3x's in NYC for <$50 and got Halestorm tix for <$30 in NYC - both of which put on a way better show than GnR, I'm happy I passed

Those bands are shit compared to GNR and there is no demand for them.

Once again, Volcano shows that he is the pulse of the rock world.

Halestorm just won a grammy for best hard rock song and are one of the hottest rock bands out there right now.

Slash is.........well, Slash. He is the guy that created the guitar parts that the current guitar players of GnR play every show. Slash has also been more successful than Axl has been since the break-up, even though he doesn't have the clout of using the Guns n Roses name like Axl does.

To say that there is no demand for these two bands is just ridiculous and makes GnR fans look silly.

Halestorm and Slash are way more relevant than GnR is right now. Don't like their music? Fine. But to downplay them in an attempt to worship Axl is just idiotic.

Thank you for posting those two reviews Soul. I knew you had a little bit of good guy in you.

Those are honest reviews. They point out the good, the bad and the obvious without a slant/bias.

Sucks that Axl was sick. Luckily they still played almost 20 songs.

Hope everybody that attended still enjoyed themselves.

Guest cbgnr666

Gnr is becoming a real media darling.Bout time.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I think its spelled HANUKKAH.Leave the jewish holidays out of this.Jeez some people's kids have no respect.

Those are honest reviews. They point out the good, the bad and the obvious without a slant/bias.

I don't know if the content of the reviews are as interesting as the fact that it was MTV and Spin who published them.

To say that there is no demand for these two bands is just ridiculous and makes GnR fans look silly.

No, Groghan. No more than what you or I say will Volcano's opinions reflect on the fan community as a whole. He is entitled to his opinions and they are his, and his only.

I don't know if the content of the reviews are as interesting as the fact that it was MTV and Spin who published them.

No, Groghan. No more than what you or I say will Volcano's opinions reflect on the fan community as a whole. He is entitled to his opinions and they are his, and his only.

Good stuff.

So when a "hater bitter ex-fan" makes a post and you guys go off on how it makes the entire forum look bad..........in those cases, one person's opinion does have a reflection on the entire forum. But in Lolcano's case, his opinion doesn't hold the same weight. When somebody made a tasteless joke about Paris Jackson and GnR, you guys said it was an embarrasement to the forum.........even though it was ONE post from ONE member.

The double standards you use are pretty funny and really expose your real reason for coming to this forum.

But thanks for responding to my post. You really ridiculed, educated and won the topic with it.

NOW back on topic..................

Good stuff.

So when a "hater bitter ex-fan" makes a post and you guys go off on how it makes the entire forum look bad..........

No, Groghan. I have never said it makes the entire forum look bad because ONE poster does anything. I have said that the cumulative noise form all the cupcakes occasionally makes this section very negative.

It's great that this $150 show for the hardcore fan didn't just turn out to be a shorter, shittier version of the UCAP tour with the songs mixed up. Way to go Team Brazil. Great job at not running this fine band into the ground. I think I could fit about 5 people into my basement after the band sets up. Maybe I should contact them so they can show their appreciation for their top 5 fans. Free doughnuts for Axl if they accept.

FFS! They played less songs as Axl got sick. They didn't have an intention to do so. It's hard to perform when you don't know whether you're gonna shit your pants or throw up the next moment.
Then perhaps they should have cancelled and refunded the fans if Axl knew he was likely to give a subpar performance? They only set up the show two days ago.
Axl got sick during the show.

Axl should take better care of himself and stop eating so much of Ron's sausage. Maybe he wouldn't be sick so often if he wasn't such a lush/glutton.
Fortus was really sick too. What snide remark are you gonna come up with for him?

It is really cool to see that Axl is really getting respect now from US media. He isn't been treated as a joke at all, he is getting cred and the reviews seem pretty fair to me. There is less focus on the history now than before and I feel the other band members are getting deserved recognition.

I don't know what that one reviewer is talking about. Despite the fuck-ups, Civil War and Better were highlights. Estranged, unfortunately, was indeed a snoozer.

Thanks for giving us an honest review of the show!!!!

Sucks Axl got sick, but glad you at least enjoyed part of your evening.

Who cares what the media says anyway, the fans in attendance are what matters.

Edited by Groghan

Fortus pulled it together and put on a great show. Axl, not so much. I think it's legitimate to question the role Axl's conditioning played. Fortus is in terrific physical condition and was able to power through it for the most part. Axl is a fat ass and could barely move for the last 2/3 of the show. Maybe Axl was just more sick. I don't know. But it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when he clearly takes such awful care of his body.

the two articles posted by SM shows a shift

in US media attitude towards Axl.they're both honest and on point.

there is a lot of history,rock n roll and otherwise,in Axls voice.

he is a true legend and I'm personally glad the US media is starting to see it this way.

fingers crossed for tomorrow.lets hope crazy stays the opener.

Fortus pulled it together and put on a great show. Axl, not so much. I think it's legitimate to question the role Axl's conditioning played. Fortus is in terrific physical condition and was able to power through it for the most part. Axl is a fat ass and could barely move for the last 2/3 of the show. Maybe Axl was just more sick. I don't know. But it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when he clearly takes such awful care of his body.

You weren't right up front, right? Just curious if it was as apparent to you that Fortus was sick, despite the fact that he powered through it.

the two articles posted by SM shows a shift

in US media attitude towards Axl.they're both honest and on point.

there is a lot of history,rock n roll and otherwise,in Axls voice.

he is a true legend and I'm personally glad the US media is starting to see it this way.

fingers crossed for tomorrow.lets hope crazy stays the opener.

Don't get your hopes up re: You're Crazy. I'd expect CD to go back to opening on Saturday when they can do the full production.

I find it a bit strange to compare Richard and Axl's performnaces when you have no idea how each were actually affected by their diseases, I also find it strange to assume that Axl's weight would have any role in affecting a case of diarrhoea and make it worse. You did present what appeared to be a fair review, now it is almost like you regret your honesty and have to write silly things to get back on track.

You weren't right up front, right? Just curious if it was as apparent to you that Fortus was sick, despite the fact that he powered through it.

Wasn't right up front. About 1/5 of the way back (?). I wondered at a couple things he did, but no, it wasn't obvious to me that he was sick. I didn't know for a fact that he was sick until I saw one of you guys post it.

I find it a bit strange to compare Richard and Axl's performnaces when you have no idea how each were actually affected by their diseases, I also find it strange to assume that Axl's weight would have any role in affecting a case of diarrhoea and make it worse. You did present what appeared to be a fair review, now it is almost like you regret your honesty and have to write silly things to get back on track.

Move along, Soulmonster. I have no interest in your trolling.

Yes,'it's possible one was more sick than the other. But comparing the effects of an illness on a guitar player's ability to play their instrument versus a singer is an apples and oranges comparison. One plays an instrument while the other is their instrument.

Ali

stop trolling and shut up.

I - for one - am damn glad that we have Soulmonster on the forum to tell us what other members actually think!!!!! And Thank God that Ali is hear to set anybody straight that isn't worshipping Axl's every move.

MODS - can people please post without Soul making comments like this? He doesn't know what Mags thinks or why he posts the information he posts. The guy just comes here to ridicule, educate and "win" arguments with people. Soul, how about just letting people share their feelings with other GnR fans? Just try and leave the constant negativity at the door for a couple days.

Edited by Groghan

Guns N Roses Knock 'Em Down At Brooklyn Bowling Alley Gig
07 June 2013

Guns N’ Roses are usually known for two things these days: playing really really large places and turning up really really late to play them. So a bit of a surprise then to discover that Axel Rose and the gang turned all those pre-conceptions on their head in a Brooklyn Bowling Alley by, um, playing it.

It wasn’t quite the perfect game from Rose and co, as they turned up 15 minutes late on stage – but heck even that’s pretty excellent by their standards. The band played a special event at the Governors’ Ball gig at the Brooklyn Bowl to punters who’d paid $150 for the privilege and Rose was in his usual detached, holier-than-thou mood, wearing a fedora on stage that might possibly have been ill-advised.

No matter though because Guns N’ Roses brought the hits! Oh boy did they, including Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O’ Mine and –well – you don’t need us to write out their list of hits, you know them all. The room was tiny but that didn’t stop Guns N’ Roses attempt to make the same amount of noise as if they were playing one of the country’s largest stadiums, the reverberations probably giving them a whole score board’s worth of strikes without even bowling a ball (and there was none of that allowed either while they were on stage.) According to MTV, the biggest surprise was how professionally it all ran, the band ripping through their set, in spite of all the solos (all three guitarist got one.) Impressive stuff.

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/guns-n-roses-brookling-bowling-alley-gig_3708379