GNR ticket prices are just disgusting now

bacardimayne

$150 for GA at the Canada shows? Really? So the interest drops and less people start coming to the shows and you respond by jacking up the prices? This isn't exactly the fucking Rolling Stones here, it's Axl Rose and his backup band playing the hits. [......] himself with those prices if he ever comes here again and tries to charge that after charging $100 for a much better show 3 years ago.

Edited by highvoltage
It was a bit much for a first post, bacardi.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The UCAP experience". :rofl-lol:

I can see if it's a fucking 200 capacity show like the bowling alley one, but these are venues with capacities in the thousands and the shows aren't exactly selling out at light speed. This UCAP move isn't something to please the fans, it's a change to copewith lowering demand.

I can see if it's a fucking 200 capacity show like the bowling alley one, but these are venues with capacities in the thousands and the shows aren't exactly selling out at light speed. This UCAP move isn't something to please the fans, it's a change to copewith lowering demand.

The bowling alley wasn't part of the UCAP tour. What was the capacity (estimate) of those venues compared to Sound Academy?

The bowling alley wasn't part of the UCAP tour. What was the capacity (estimate) of those venues compared to Sound Academy?

I wasn't comparing the Bowling Alley to these shows. I was saying it would make sense to charge prices like this for a show like the Bowling Alley given the exclusivity of the event. The "UCAP" shows they put on nowadays in the 1000-3000 seat venues are basically regular shows now, and in no way should it cost fuckin' $150 to get in.

So prices haven't really changed since early 2012?

Soundgarden was at Molson ampitheatre last year and the prices were also very high - I don't even want to get into Roger Waters prices. I don't think this is a GNR issue but rather a problem on a higher level.

Soundgarden was at Molson ampitheatre last year and the prices were also very high - I don't even want to get into Roger Waters prices. I don't think this is a GNR issue but rather a problem on a higher level.

GNR isn't an act on Roger Waters/Soundgarden's level. It's one famous 80s guy and his backing band playing the hits in theaters. That is not a $150 show.

Edited by bacardimayne

They have always been digusting in South America. On 2010 I paied 300 US$ for my tickets.

GNR isn't an act on Roger Waters/Soundgarden's level. It's one famous 80s guy and his backing band playing the hits in theaters. That is not a $150 show.

You're putting Soundgarden above Guns N' Roses and at the same time at the same league as Roger Waters? Really?

Edited by ManetsBR

They have always been digusting in South America. On 2010 I paied 300 US$ for my tickets.

You're putting Soundgarden above Guns N' Roses and at the same time at the same league as Roger Waters? Really?

Soundgarden is a much bigger deal than GNR right now. A big reunion and their song was in the Avengers credits. What's GNR done lately? A tour? Another tour? A third tour? lol

Then again I guess Roger Waters is doing the same thing as Axl, but at least he doesn't sound like shit.

Guest charlie555

Classic behaviour of a business that is struggling. Raise prices without offering anything new.

Then again, Team Brazil must know what they're doing because they've run big businesses before right?

Bacardi, I understand and I agree, but it doesn't matter. At least here, the vast majority of the people don't have a clue who Soundgarden is. The total opposite from Guns N' Roses.

Guns N' Roses is and will always be a bigger name than Soundgarden.

Soundgarden is a much bigger deal than GNR right now. A big reunion and their song was in the Avengers credits. What's GNR done lately? A tour? Another tour? A third tour? lol

Then again I guess Roger Waters is doing the same thing as Axl, but at least he doesn't sound like shit.

Saw Soundgarden and the Who earlier this year, I totally agree with you

Although I always thought Chris Cornell could outsing Axl to begin with. Daltrery sounds great still as well

Edited by WhazUp

I'm out of the Gn'R loop because I don't really care, but was there really a bowling alley gig. On the one hand there's no way I believe that.... but on the other hand, this is Axl's Gn'R...

It was a "secret" warmup gig for Governor's Ball. And it was a blast, even if the band weren't in the greatest shape that night.

Bacardimayne is correct.

It's ridiculous the band is raising ticket prices when they are basically playing the same show as in prior years and not giving fans anything new or special.

And it's equally ridiculous that Axl fans are defending GnR's current touring system. So the band is now being forced to play smaller venues, and are charging more money to go see them.........but the Axl defense team is trying to push this off as a good thing because you get to see them with 1,500 people instead of 3,500? Wow. Is there any move Axl could make where these people wouldn't somehow defend and praise him?

Bacardi, I understand and I agree, but it doesn't matter. At least here, the vast majority of the people don't have a clue who Soundgarden is. The total opposite from Guns N' Roses.

Guns N' Roses is and will always be a bigger name than Soundgarden.

What :lol: