GNR ticket prices are just disgusting now

bacardimayne

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smaller venues = less overall seats but closer/better views = higher ticket prices.

This is true. However, the problem I have with the prices is that the prices weren't nearly this high on the UCAP tour - The Ritz was $120, and IIRC, that was the most expensive gig.
Welcome to toronto :)

Smaller venues = less overall seats but closer/better views = higher ticket prices.

Smaller venue also means fewer expenses. You can't compare the cost of setting up the stage at MSG and setting up the stage in a bowling alley. Quite frankly, asking so much is insulting, especially if you've already seen this tour already.

So prices haven't really changed since early 2012?

Soundgarden was at Molson ampitheatre last year and the prices were also very high - I don't even want to get into Roger Waters prices. I don't think this is a GNR issue but rather a problem on a higher level.

GNR isn't an act on Roger Waters/Soundgarden's level. It's one famous 80s guy and his backing band playing the hits in theaters. That is not a $150 show.

On a Soundgarden level...really? Really? SMH...grow up.

Soundgarden was at Molson ampitheatre last year and the prices were also very high - I don't even want to get into Roger Waters prices. I don't think this is a GNR issue but rather a problem on a higher level.

GNR isn't an act on Roger Waters/Soundgarden's level. It's one famous 80s guy and his backing band playing the hits in theaters. That is not a $150 show.

On a Soundgarden level...really? Really? SMH...grow up.

Guns N' Roses is still popular because of the original lineup.

Soundgarden has its original lineup.

The Axl Rose Solo Experience should not charge more than Soundgarden.

That's not what I said. Well, here in Brazil most people don't know who Soundgarden is, but most people do know the band Guns N' Roses. But at the same time, the vast majority doesn't have a clue that there have been a band called Guns N' Roses after 1993.

No offense, but if that is the case, Brazilians are stupid.

Whitesnake is coming to my COUNTY FAIR next month, and row 8 tickets were 30 bucks, and fair admission (GA seating, also added onto reserved seating) in 13 dollars. Whether I would rather see Whitesnake of not is irrelevent, but the bands are comparable. Lead singer = important, bunch of hits = check, huge 80's band, check.

150? Fuck yourself.

Whitesnake is fuckin' shit, but they are a better band than Axl's band.

Smaller venue also means fewer expenses. You can't compare the cost of setting up the stage at MSG and setting up the stage in a bowling alley. Quite frankly, asking so much is insulting, especially if you've already seen this tour already.

Agreed.

Not to mention Axl's level of performance has been underwhelming to say the least. Most I'd pay to see him is $40

Edited by sweetness

the problem is also that the show is the fucking same as last time.

whenever that was with Axl's band.nothings changed.since it started in early 2000s.

it's an insult to his real fans on a grand scale:jungle

easy,brownstone(with CD added in 2009).puke.

I wouldnt go if it was free.whats the point?

they must have streamed this freak show at least 3 times on the internet as well.

and they have played every town in the world.twice or three times.

shit,I think I needed to blow off some steam,bear with me.

Depends on venue also. My range for GnR GA tickets is like $90-150 for what I've paid. I think East Rutherford was around $120 and Wilkes Barre was under $100.

As for Soundgarden, same thing. I've paid $60-90 depending on city/venue.

I paid $150 for Axl and his band at the House of Blues in Chicago last year, and it was the best concert of my life. I was about fifth row in the "pit." So it was worth it, but I grumbled like hell having to drop $300 for two tickets. I would have regretted being cheap about it had I opted out. Although, as I said, I thought the prices were crazy.

Conversely, I saw Slash yesterday at a festival for $12. That's not a typo. And I had almost as much fun as the HoB show (shorter set, further back).

I saw Slash at a smaller venue last year too, in Chicago. I can't recall what I paid for the ticket, but it was no more than $40 and I was first row for that son of a bitch. It was amazing. Also had a hell of an opener in Foxy Shazam.

Gn'R in an arena cost me around $80-$90 in 2011. I enjoyed the shit out of it that time too, but it can't compare to being up close, you know? I was in the upper tank.

So I don't know. In sum, I have no point.

Edited by GnR Chris

I paid close to $200 for my Dallas tickets and I would again.

compared to some musicians/performers, GNR is cheaper.

Lady Gaga and Britney were asking hundreds of dollars more and so was Bon Jovi. To have to stand in the pit by the stage was over $1500 for Bon Jovi and that part of the floor was sold out. I don't know where the people get the money from, but they do.

For playing up to 3 hours, I think GNR was so worth it the three times I've seen them. Since I'm a huge fan, I would pay to see GNR no matter what the cost, but I would hope they wouldn't go into the hundreds or thousands of dollars. I think the people that charge that much, don't even need the money. I mean Bon Jovi or Britney needing all that money. Please they are all set for life. And the t shirts prices are nuts too!

I think GNR tickets are pretty reasonable considering what other acts are charging.

Let's stop using Soundgarden as a basis for comparison, please. They were (maybe are) a decent a band. They have never been and will never be on the level of Gn'R or Axl.

Seriously, ask 10 people on the street who Chris Cornell is an see what they say. Ask the same people if they've ever heard of Axl Rose.

Lol, they're a little more than a "decent" band.

Who gives a shit if someone on the street knows who Chris Cornell is or not? I love Axl and Gn'R, but I won't stand down in saying that Chris' voice has been a lot more consistent than Axl's in the last couple of years and the band changes up the set list a lot more each show than Axl would even think about nowadays.

I paid $250 for the "VIP" ticket for the Atlantic City UCAP show and don't regret it because it was the best Gn'R show I've seen.

That said, I would never do it every show and I think "VIP" tickets are bullshit for any band, meet and greet or not. But that's just me.

Lol, they're a little more than a "decent" band.

Who gives a shit if someone on the street knows who Chris Cornell is or not? I love Axl and Gn'R, but I won't stand down in saying that Chris' voice has been a lot more consistent than Axl's in the last couple of years and the band changes up the set list a lot more each show than Axl would even think about nowadays.

I used that in my argument because popularity ie demand weighs into ticket prices. It's why talentless cunts like Britney Spears can charge exorbitant prices for concert tickets. Look how much Madonna charges for stilted movement and lip syncing, you know?

I am not bashing Soundgarden. But they weren't even the biggest Seattle band out of their own era.

Depends on venue also. My range for GnR GA tickets is like $90-150 for what I've paid. I think East Rutherford was around $120 and Wilkes Barre was under $100.

As for Soundgarden, same thing. I've paid $60-90 depending on city/venue.

Wilkes-Barre was WAY under $100, more like $50 IIRC. Albany was the same price (But got cancelled).

Prices I've payed for GN'R, approximately:

Hamilton '10 - $100

Wilkes-Barre - $50

Albany '11 - $50 (Cancelled)

Hamilton '11 - $100

Terminal 5 - $80

The Ritz - $250 (VIP)

Buffalo '13 - $40

Brooklyn Bowl - $150

Governor's Ball - $90 (Day pass)

Everyones prices have gone up, it's annual inflation and greedy promoters. For instance in 2006, GNR for £37.50, in 2010 and 2012 it was £50.00.

Which isn't drastic to some bands like Kings of leon, in 2009 at £28.50-£32.50 to this year being £65.00 the difference being a new album. The rolling stones back in 05 was £40 in an arena tour, and just look at what they were charging now for a festival.

Slash has gone up by £10 in 2 years also. Basically, if it'll sell out, they'll push it to what they can get. It's sick yes, but I'm not sure it's the band that puts the prices out..

$150 for GA at the Canada shows? Really? So the interest drops and less people start coming to the shows and you respond by jacking up the prices? This isn't exactly the fucking Rolling Stones here, it's Axl Rose and his backup band playing the hits. Fat cunt and his helium voice can go fuck himself with those prices if he ever comes here again and tries to charge that after charging $100 for a much better show 3 years ago.

Haha, just don't go if you can't afford it. No need to cry about it.

How about you get the fuck out of my thread if all you're going to do is make assumptions about financial situations, you smug little cunt? I'd be more than happy to pay $150 to see Axl and his merry men if I felt it was worth it. I paid $200 to see Paul McCartney last November without even batting an eye. Then again, I guess I am talking to the guy who pays to keep his little ghost town of a forum that only he and his brother post at alive, so I should expect this. :rofl-lol: