GNR ticket prices are just disgusting now

bacardimayne

Let's stop using Soundgarden as a basis for comparison, please. They were (maybe are) a decent a band. They have never been and will never be on the level of Gn'R or Axl.

Seriously, ask 10 people on the street who Chris Cornell is an see what they say. Ask the same people if they've ever heard of Axl Rose.

Realistically I think most people wouldn't know who either of them are.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weezer is playing Toronto next week. Tickets are 92$

GNR tix are 120$ but there's 25$ in ticket bastard fees. Hence coming out to 145 or whatever.

Still I was more pissed to see the Weezer prices. I would have paid 45-50$ for them. 92$ for GA? At an outdoor venue? Nope.

$150 for GA at the Canada shows? Really? So the interest drops and less people start coming to the shows and you respond by jacking up the prices? This isn't exactly the fucking Rolling Stones here, it's Axl Rose and his backup band playing the hits. [......] himself with those prices if he ever comes here again and tries to charge that after charging $100 for a much better show 3 years ago.

Hahaha.......people are finally starting to wake up.....on a more positive note, really psyched to see slash for the 6th time @ about 50/ticket......lmao @ people dropping 150 to see fakeGnR

Does the fact that its Canada have anything to do with it? Aren't their prices usually jacked up 15-20% higher than the US in general?

Average ticket prices for arena bands here are around ~$100. $150 for fat Axl is unacceptable unless it's in a venue that can only fit 20 people.

$150 for GA at the Canada shows? Really? So the interest drops and less people start coming to the shows and you respond by jacking up the prices? This isn't exactly the fucking Rolling Stones here, it's Axl Rose and his backup band playing the hits. [......] himself with those prices if he ever comes here again and tries to charge that after charging $100 for a much better show 3 years ago.

Hahaha.......people are finally starting to wake up.....on a more positive note, really psyched to see slash for the 6th time @ about 50/ticket......lmao @ people dropping 150 to see fakeGnR

:lol:

Hope all ya Canadians enjoy Axl weasing through the "hits" and running off stage every 4 minutes while one of the guys who aren't GNR bore you with one of their solos.

Woo-hoo. Fun times ahead. derrrrrrrr

Edited by BBA

Hope all ya Canadians enjoy Axl weasing through the "hits" and running off stage every 4 minutes while one of the guys who aren't GNR bore you with one of their solos.

Woo-hoo. Fun times ahead. derrrrrrrr

This post should be turned into everyone's sig.

I donno about this topic, it is out of context really considering just last month I paid $45.00 In Buffalo to see the show. This makes it sound as if these prices are a regular for the band, it isn't.

These club shows however are expensive, I can't argue that one.

Even in my country, halfway across the world, Slash ticket prices were $90. And it was 20+ songs of pure rock. No pianos, no ballads(except SCoM), no smokes and mirrors.

If you want a rock concert that is the time of your life. Go see Slash. If you want a bunch of idiots playing solos you don't care about, unecessary members in a band, the only guy you really care about running off the stage because he's not singing at that immediate moment, solos and covers being played in place of songs you'd actually want to hear, go see GN'R.

I remember when the hacks were ripping out their solos, no one cared everyone was talking amongst themselves and this was in the front row.

When Slash performed his Godfather solo/Blues solo you could have heard a pin drop. Eyes and ears glued to the man and the highlight of the concert.

Even in my country, halfway across the world, Slash ticket prices were $90. And it was 20+ songs of pure rock. No pianos, no ballads(except SCoM), no smokes and mirrors.

If you want a rock concert that is the time of your life. Go see Slash. If you want a bunch of idiots playing solos you don't care about, unecessary members in a band, the only guy you really care about running off the stage because he's not singing at that immediate moment, solos and covers being played in place of songs you'd actually want to hear, go see GN'R.

I remember when the hacks were ripping out their solos, no one cared everyone was talking amongst themselves and this was in the front row.

When Slash performed his Godfather solo/Blues solo you could have heard a pin drop. Eyes and ears glued to the man and the highlight of the concert.

And that 7 mins. Rocket Queen solo was fantastic, everyone was in awe, and the moment it ended, there were deafening roars!

Cant judge NuGNR cuz I havent seen them. If they come here, Ill see them but wont pay that much.

I don't really have much been with the prices themselves. In fact almost every time I've seen Guns I paid for my ticket and whoever I took because nobody wanted to see Guns N' Roses without the actual band.. but I convinced them to give it a chance. With the number of members in the band, the crew and all the gear / pyros I actually think the price is pretty justified. Plus they haven't exactly been doing themselves any favors by not really planning about a set tour, but rather having random shows here and there in smaller venues. Doesn't seem financially intelligent.

The beef I have is with the show itself. I can't justify the ticket prices with the show that they are putting on... because it's more or less the same fucking show over and over. 2009 to 2013.. except the performance has grown stale, boring and uneventful.

It seemed cool for a while, they added Estranged. And one of the reasons I went back in 2012 after 2011 was because they added Civil War... But The Seeker? Who goes to a GNR show to see that? At least it sounds better than Don't Let It Bring You Down. That vocal is just pure SHIT. Compare it to Sailing and you wouldn't even think it was the same singer. And not one but Two ACDC covers? WHY!? Rosie does sound good most of the time but I can't see why you'd add another.

The setlist is beyond ridiculous. I've been seeing Jungle / Easy / Brownstone open a show since 2002. That's a long fucking time. The solo spots have gotten better. Richard swapping out James Bond for Blacklight Jesus of Transylvania? is awesome. That dude needs more opportunities. Thanks to BBF we have Don't Cry. Thank God he finally dropped Panther, after having the entire band record it!! Way to go B. I'm very much glad to hear anything from his catalog... and no longer do I have to sit through Robin Finck wankering on the Guitar as I see thosands of people go 'WTF is this guy doing with the guitar.' Dizzy doesn't need a solo, and I miss the Asshole song.

Performance wise the band has gotten tighter except for one member. Axl is the weakest link even though he is boss. He needs to practice, quit drinking, do some jogging and get serious about his vocals. I'm sorry but he is worst than he was in 2001 / 2002. At least he had some breath control back then.

After he does that he should finish some damn music so he can play some new tracks in concert. Or if he wants to go on discrediting his employees as a legitimate band by having them cover other peoples material by not allowing them to write and record... break out some deeper cuts. We would love to hear something like TWAT or Coma but the dude would not be able to do it justice. Hell the guy can't even say 'welcome to the jungle' in one breath... it's sad.

So I'm not complaining about having to pay 150 for a concert... I'm complaining because it's an inferior concert compared to rock legend competition on so many levels. And it's not BBF's Fault or Richards Fault... it's one person's fault... Axl Rose. You've gotten Stale (Same Set list more or LESS for four years), No new music but redundant covers, Inferior vocals, Front Man Performance in CONSTANT Decline, Way too many solo spots. And not to mention, Axl is the only Member of Guns N' Roses performing.

I'd pay maybe 40 bucks to see the show this time around. If Axl suddenly morphed into the performer he was in 2010 and cut some solos or covers for a new track and a deeper cut I would gladly shell out 200 bucks to see it... But I don't think Axl could honestly take fan criticism and make adjustments, God I'd love to see him try. This is the guy that did say he liked to change the set up every night because coming out and playing AFD every night would be like jerking off and not fair for the fans. Ohhh how you've changed Axl... and in the old sad type of way you ginger.

Edited by jimb0

I don't really have much been with the prices themselves. In fact almost every time I've seen Guns I paid for my ticket and whoever I took because nobody wanted to see Guns N' Roses without the actual band.. but I convinced them to give it a chance. With the number of members in the band, the crew and all the gear / pyros I actually think the price is pretty justified. Plus they haven't exactly been doing themselves any favors by not really planning about a set tour, but rather having random shows here and there in smaller venues. Doesn't seem financially intelligent.

The beef I have is with the show itself. I can't justify the ticket prices with the show that they are putting on... because it's more or less the same fucking show over and over. 2009 to 2013.. except the performance has grown stale, boring and uneventful.

It seemed cool for a while, they added Estranged. And one of the reasons I went back in 2012 after 2011 was because they added Civil War... But The Seeker? Who goes to a GNR show to see that? At least it sounds better than Don't Let It Bring You Down. That vocal is just pure SHIT. Compare it to Sailing and you wouldn't even think it was the same singer. And not one but Two ACDC covers? WHY!? Rosie does sound good most of the time but I can't see why you'd add another.

The setlist is beyond ridiculous. I've been seeing Jungle / Easy / Brownstone open a show since 2002. That's a long fucking time. The solo spots have gotten better. Richard swapping out James Bond for Blacklight Jesus of Transylvania? is awesome. That dude needs more opportunities. Thanks to BBF we have Don't Cry. Thank God he finally dropped Panther, after having the entire band record it!! Way to go B. I'm very much glad to hear anything from his catalog... and no longer do I have to sit through Robin Finck wankering on the Guitar as I see thosands of people go 'WTF is this guy doing with the guitar.' Dizzy doesn't need a solo, and I miss the Asshole song.

Performance wise the band has gotten tighter except for one member. Axl is the weakest link even though he is boss. He needs to practice, quit drinking, do some jogging and get serious about his vocals. I'm sorry but he is worst than he was in 2001 / 2002. At least he had some breath control back then.

After he does that he should finish some damn music so he can play some new tracks in concert. Or if he wants to go on discrediting his employees as a legitimate band by having them cover other peoples material by not allowing them to write and record... break out some deeper cuts. We would love to hear something like TWAT or Coma but the dude would not be able to do it justice. Hell the guy can't even say 'welcome to the jungle' in one breath... it's sad.

So I'm not complaining about having to pay 150 for a concert... I'm complaining because it's an inferior concert compared to rock legend competition on so many levels. And it's not BBF's Fault or Richards Fault... it's one person's fault... Axl Rose. You've gotten Stale (Same Set list more or LESS for four years), No new music but redundant covers, Inferior vocals, Front Man Performance in CONSTANT Decline, Way too many solo spots. And not to mention, Axl is the only Member of Guns N' Roses performing.

I'd pay maybe 40 bucks to see the show this time around. If Axl suddenly morphed into the performer he was in 2010 and cut some solos or covers for a new track and a deeper cut I would gladly shell out 200 bucks to see it... But I don't think Axl could honestly take fan criticism and make adjustments, God I'd love to see him try. This is the guy that did say he liked to change the set up every night because coming out and playing AFD every night would be like jerking off and not fair for the fans. Ohhh how you've changed Axl... and in the old sad type of way you ginger.

These are all some of the reasons i lmao @ people who are willing to drop 150 to see these frauds

We got ripped off blind here in Australia. I'd be happy to pay over $150 for a GnR concert experience with a crowd of less than 2000, but unfortunately they are too popular here still. The Brisbane gig would have been close to a 10 000 strong crowd.

You might be exaggerating a bit, but I have to agree. The other day Slash tore up the stage with a solo during Rocket Queen that probably went 10 or so minutes and most people seemed hypnotized but it. The guy has a ton of charisma when he plays.

The solos when I went to see Gn'R were bathroom breaks for many folks.

I thought the GnR solos by each of the members were fucking cool - i thoroughly enjoyed them all. They have all got their own styles which adds variety, and they all looked like they have a good time performing them - which is important! I've seen Slash live many times over the last few years and he is just a star - he's even better now than he was when younger... If only Axl could shove his ego and pride aside and make magic with the tophat legend once more :(

I thought the GnR solos by each of the members were fucking cool - i thoroughly enjoyed them all. They have all got their own styles which adds variety, and they all looked like they have a good time performing them - which is important! I've seen Slash live many times over the last few years and he is just a star - he's even better now than he was when younger... If only Axl could shove his ego and pride aside and make magic with the tophat legend once more :(

That will sadly probably never happen - Slash is pretty much on Axl stardom level, and Axl will never accept an 'equal' on his band.

Anyways at least we've still got the privilege of seeing both these living rock legends perform and that is (almost) priceless to me. I can't imagine a world without Axl or Slash on it...

That will sadly probably never happen - Slash is pretty much on Axl stardom level, and Axl will never accept an 'equal' on his band.

Anyways at least we've still got the privilege of seeing both these living rock legends perform and that is (almost) priceless to me. I can't imagine a world without Axl or Slash on it...

I'll pass on the "privledge" of shelling out $150 to see fakeGnR but will go see slash anytime he's w/in an hour or two from NJ