GNR ticket prices are just disgusting now

bacardimayne

Bacardimayne is correct.

It's ridiculous the band is raising ticket prices when they are basically playing the same show as in prior years and not giving fans anything new or special.

And it's equally ridiculous that Axl fans are defending GnR's current touring system. So the band is now being forced to play smaller venues, and are charging more money to go see them.........but the Axl defense team is trying to push this off as a good thing because you get to see them with 1,500 people instead of 3,500? Wow. Is there any move Axl could make where these people wouldn't somehow defend and praise him?

I can understand that GNR long time fans must be sick & tired of the same music being replayed at concerts since ChiDem was released. I haven't been a fan long enough to become bored with their concerts although I admit I would like some different songs being played & Axl not dressing the same on stage every night for years.

I've only been to one concert & even though a short time fan I knew all the songs & all the words - so I can imagine the frusration of those of you who are getting fed up with no hint of new music/album in the works.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$150 for GA at the Canada shows? Really? So the interest drops and less people start coming to the shows and you respond by jacking up the prices? This isn't exactly the fucking Rolling Stones here, it's Axl Rose and his backup band playing the hits. Fat cunt and his helium voice can go fuck himself with those prices if he ever comes here again and tries to charge that after charging $100 for a much better show 3 years ago.

It's not really an apples to apples comparison to the Canadian tour three years ago, though, is it? That was an arena tour wasn't it?

Ali

Bacardi, I understand and I agree, but it doesn't matter. At least here, the vast majority of the people don't have a clue who Soundgarden is. The total opposite from Guns N' Roses.

Guns N' Roses is and will always be a bigger name than Soundgarden.

What :lol:

What what?

Bacardi, I understand and I agree, but it doesn't matter. At least here, the vast majority of the people don't have a clue who Soundgarden is. The total opposite from Guns N' Roses.

Guns N' Roses is and will always be a bigger name than Soundgarden.

What :lol:

What what?

Guns n roses is by far and away less popular than Soundgarden. Especially now with the reunion tour and album.

Reasons I'm not going:

1. Mickey Mouse has returned

2. Sound Academy is a cluster fuck to get to, and forget about getting a cab or something at the end of the night, unless you leave before an encore.

3. I am not paying $150 to see one band. When I pay that much to go to a show, it's a crazy 2 day festival or something - not 2 hours with the Mickey Mouse club.

4. Last time we were thrown a bone was in 2008 with CD. Stop being a lazy fuck and record some new music.

This band is dying unless they release new songs, revamp the setlist, and Axl brings the power back in his voice. Go broke or go home motherfucker.

Hahaha who in the fuck doesn't kno who soundgarden is? And when you pay to see soundgarden, you're seeing soundgarden. Not Chris Cornell. And they play killer sets and change then up from night to night.

And "150 for the ucap experience"? I saw them at the roseland, first gig of that tour, and it was less than 100.

Manets and lolcano are two peas in a pod. "Most people don't kno who soundgarden is, but everybody in the world knows post Chinese Democracy gnr is!"

Biggest fucking LOL ever..

That's not what I said. Well, here in Brazil most people don't know who Soundgarden is, but most people do know the band Guns N' Roses. But at the same time, the vast majority doesn't have a clue that there have been a band called Guns N' Roses after 1993.

Edited by ManetsBR

Guest NGOG

It's very intimate venues with Axl Rose and a set of stellar musicians. Are the prices really that extortionate? It's only a fraction the price of what you would pay to see somebody like Justin Bieber or any other modern day big name in such a surrounding.

That's not what I said. Well, here in Brazil most people don't know who Soundgarden is, but most people do know the band Guns N' Roses. But at the same time, the vast majority doesn't have a clue that there have been a band called Guns N' Roses after 1993.

No offense, but if that is the case, Brazilians are stupid.

Whitesnake is coming to my COUNTY FAIR next month, and row 8 tickets were 30 bucks, and fair admission (GA seating, also added onto reserved seating) in 13 dollars. Whether I would rather see Whitesnake of not is irrelevent, but the bands are comparable. Lead singer = important, bunch of hits = check, huge 80's band, check.

150? Fuck yourself.

Americans just gotta bitch about something I guess... I'd be very, very happy to pay $150 (or even more) of my hard earned money just to have the privilege of seeing Axl in action again once again. And bear in mind that in my home country people earn about half of the average american worker sallary.

Axl's a living rock legend and the show imo is worth every single penny, even if his voice ain't what it used to be.

Probably because there the band post 1993 is only Guns N' Roses in name, and probably because they sucked.

Especially the current band. The 2001 RIR band was also a ridiculous circus. That was the final nail in the coffin for Axl's GNR. People lost interest in the hard rock band 'GNR' after they saw a nunchuck show and an awful awful band led by Mickey Mouse on vocals.

$150 for GA at the Canada shows? Really? So the interest drops and less people start coming to the shows and you respond by jacking up the prices? This isn't exactly the fucking Rolling Stones here, it's Axl Rose and his backup band playing the hits. Fat cunt and his helium voice can go fuck himself with those prices if he ever comes here again and tries to charge that after charging $100 for a much better show 3 years ago.

Haha, just don't go if you can't afford it. No need to cry about it.

They have always been digusting in South America. On 2010 I paied 300 US$ for my tickets.

So prices haven't really changed since early 2012?

Soundgarden was at Molson ampitheatre last year and the prices were also very high - I don't even want to get into Roger Waters prices. I don't think this is a GNR issue but rather a problem on a higher level.

GNR isn't an act on Roger Waters/Soundgarden's level. It's one famous 80s guy and his backing band playing the hits in theaters. That is not a $150 show.

You're putting Soundgarden above Guns N' Roses and at the same time at the same league as Roger Waters? Really?

Soundgarden is a much bigger deal than GNR right now. A big reunion and their song was in the Avengers credits. What's GNR done lately? A tour? Another tour? A third tour? lol

Then again I guess Roger Waters is doing the same thing as Axl, but at least he doesn't sound like shit.

actually it is a pretty known fact that Roger Waters is basically using backing tracks and lip syncing at his concerts

as far as "Guns N Roses"

Saw Axl and "Guns N Roses" when they came to Chicago a couple of years ago for their UCAP "experience" and never again will I do that

In addition to paying like $160 for the ticket, I could not see a fucking thing the whole show

the place was completly packed, and that place has crappy site lines unless you get a spot on the floor or a "good" spot

I have been to hundreds of concerts, and that was easily the worst concert I have ever been to, mainly because of the price of the ticket and the fucking disgusting place that the House of Blues is

never again am I going to see that

reported

Edited by iftheworld

reported

reported

:rofl-lol:

Smaller venues = less overall seats but closer/better views = higher ticket prices.

This is true. However, the problem I have with the prices is that the prices weren't nearly this high on the UCAP tour - The Ritz was $120, and IIRC, that was the most expensive gig.

Try harder at life and stop bitching to everyone else that you're poor. Nobody cares.

Smaller venues = less overall seats but closer/better views = higher ticket prices.

This is true. However, the problem I have with the prices is that the prices weren't nearly this high on the UCAP tour - The Ritz was $120, and IIRC, that was the most expensive gig.

Uhm, I'm relatively certain they were close to $150 a pop last time they played here in Orlando, House of Blues a little over a year ago....it was the main reason I didn't go....didn't want to shell out $300+ (after taxes) for 2 tickets....

I saw AC/DC TWICE from the front row on their last tour for that same price. I know some people don't like them, but their name is more legendary than Gn'R I believe, and it was the same lineup they had in 1980. The show is also way better and has a much more elaborate stage.