If Axl let someone else replace him as lead singer, would you still support GNR?

TheSeeker

If Axl let someone younger take over as lead singer of Guns N' Roses (with Axl's blessing), would you still support Guns N' Roses?

What if Axl was no longer alive and Team Brazil kept the band going without Axl's blessing?

Gene Simmons has said that he wants other people to portray KISS after he's long dead - since 80% of GNR has already been replaced anyway, should it keep going after Axl dies with another singer?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Axl, no Gn'R. A Gn'R song must contain mainly Axl's voice.

AC/DC had two successful lead singers with different voices.

What's your point though? Again: Without Axl as the singer, there is no Gn'R. It's not like every band is exactly the same. Axl's vocals are a crucial part of what makes some piece of music a Gn'R song. No one can replace Axl in Gn'R.

Edited by Rovim

What's your point though? Again: Without Axl as the singer, there is no Gn'R. It's not like every band is exactly the same. Axl's vocals are a crucial part of what makes that piece of music a Gn'R song. No one can replace Axl in Gn'R.

Not are, were. Axl sounds awful and weak nowadays.

Are you referring to fake GnR w/out axl? Hahahahahahahahaha

Or are you referring to KoC/HOF w/Myles?

His current band w/ a different singer is a tribute/cover band w zero ties to GnR and I couldn't even call them fakeGnR. They would be a bad tribute/cover band.

What's your point though? Again: Without Axl as the singer, there is no Gn'R. It's not like every band is exactly the same. Axl's vocals are a crucial part of what makes that piece of music a Gn'R song. No one can replace Axl in Gn'R.

Not are, were. Axl sounds awful and weak nowadays.

I'm not talking about the quality of it. I'm talking about it being impossible, cause it can't be Gn'R without Axl as the singer. Weak vocals or not, you can't replace him in Gn'R.

Edited by Rovim

If Axl let someone younger take over as lead singer of Guns N' Roses (with Axl's blessing), would you still support Guns N' Roses?

Not sure what you mean by "support". If they continue to release music I enjoy then I will continue to buy that music. If hey continue to fascinate me then I will continue to pay attention to the band.