Favorite Slash solos in GNR

bacardimayne

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lay claim to that actually, well unofficially. Do you recall that sneaky 'would Slash even agree to a GNR reunion at this point' thread? :lol:

The Use Your Illusion big two, Estranged and November Rain. Those are rare instances where the guitar perfectly captured what Axl was saying through the song (like TWAT).

I lay claim to that actually, well unofficially. Do you recall that sneaky 'would Slash even agree to a GNR reunion at this point' thread? :lol:

Slash and reunions are both non-D&N topics in the old format. Your thread was simply passed over due to mod negligence. :)

Your thread was simply passed over due to mod negligence. :)

Don't you think it was because they'd become resigned to the necessity of an all-era D&N? :)

Your thread was simply passed over due to mod negligence. :)

Don't you think it was because they'd become resigned to the necessity of an all-era D&N? :)

Resigned or not, until now, the rules said Slash/reunion threads belonged outside D&N, so my claim stands. :)

Let it forever be known that bacardimayne made the first legal Slash thread in the modern-era GNR section.

Mine are Nightrain and SCOM.

Ha, good stuff! :awesomeface:

On topic.....HAS to be SCOM but Breakdown a very close second

Fuck! forgot Estranged!!

Coma

Estranged

Pretty Tied Up

The Garden

Right Next Door To Hell

Breakdown

Locomotive

Don't Damn Me

agree with you, only difference i'd probably leave out of my list the solo from TheGarden, cuz that one never really stuck for me...i feel like it sounds too much as the standard slash thing. Oh, and i'd add to the list a couple Appetite, like NightTrain, SCOM, and Paradise City's beginning G-major short solo (but i don't like the final solo).

EDIT: whoops. i forgot bad apples. bad ass solo.

Edited by TotonnoDuff