Cosmo Presents: MYGNR's Top 5 Live Albums!

Cosmo

O.A.R. - Anytime Now

Better Than Ezra - Live at the House of Blues

Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged

Counting Crows - Across a Wire

Pearl Jam - Live at State College

Although official for Pearl Jam, they have over 100 released CDs. If that doesn't count I would go Live on 2 Legs.

1. The Who - Live at Leeds

2. Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison

3. Bob Dylan - The Royal Albert Hall Concert

Any of the Iron Maidens and KISS for 4 and 5.

Dude, could you mention one specific Maiden or KISS album so I can count 'em later? Thanks!

Keep it up guys! :)

Updating

4. Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner

5. Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio

Guest Len B'stard

Live at Leeds - The Who

Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers live at the Lyceum

Mettalic KO - The Stooges

Live at the Star Club - Jerry Lee Lewis

Its Alive - The Ramones

Nice ones len!

There's a really good Johnny Thunders live album that i can't remember the name of, with The Heartbreakers and they are just on fucking fire that night. And the whole time Johnnys like, goading this audience with comments like:

"i hope you kids got enough money to get drunk cuz you're fuckin' boring!"

"hey, anybody old enough to get a hard on in here tonight?"

"for our next tune, for you boring motherfuckers, this ones call All by Myself, thats how i feel!"

EDIT: After a quick google i've come to the conclusion that the album in question DTK: Live at the Speakeasy. FANTASTIC fucking album.

Edited by sugaraylen

Ok people! I've counted the points and here is MYGNR'S DEFINITE TOP 5 LIVE ALBUMS OF ALL TIME:

1st Place: Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won (18 Points)

main.jpg

2nd Place: AC/DC - If You Want Blood (15 Points)

Acdc_If_You_Want_Blood_You%27ve_Got_It.J

3rd Place: KISS - Alive! (14 Points)

Oc-DPzXHDC4.jpg

4th Place: Guns N' Roses - Live Era & Iron Maiden - Live After Death (12 Points)

1.jpg & thump_2199742live-after-deathp.jpg

5th Place: Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day & The Who - Live At Leeds (10 Points)

uF4iGSY.jpg & 07_70_live_at_leeds1.jpg

And that's it for this list! If you wanna keep making your top 5 live albums list just for fun, go ahead! But it won't count on for MYGNR'S DEFINITE TOP 5 LIVE ALBUMS OF ALL TIME!

Even though zeppelin won, I have a couple different boots that are better than both of the official releases. Maryland in 77' and San Diego in 76' are better concerts imo, and no studio fixing either.

Not to mention Listen to this Eddie!

Even though zeppelin won, I have a couple different boots that are better than both of the official releases. Maryland in 77' and San Diego in 76' are better concerts imo, and no studio fixing either.

Who's Eddie? Van Halen? I have boots of them also.

And I agree that song remains the same is better than celebration day. If I ranked them it would be how the west was won, song remains the same, then celebration day. I still really like celebration day though. But it isn't as good as zeppelin in their primes.

Edited by Mike420

Who's Eddie? Van Halen? I have boots of them also.

And I agree that song remains the same is better than celebration day. If I ranked them it would be how the west was won, song remains the same, then celebration day. I still really like celebration day though. But it isn't as good as zeppelin in their primes.

I agree TSRTS was better than Celebration Day also. Some very strong performances by everyone but Plant whose high range had almost gone by then.

As for Listen To This Eddie, one of the highlights of that tour, even though there really weren't that many in 77. But on that night, untouchable. Bonzo was on another level.

I still don't understand the eddie reference? But yes both of those concerts are awesome. Bonzo really is on fire, he even sings in really high voice on the battle of evermore, kind eerie imo.

But moving on...

If you want blood isn't even the best ac/dc live album. Live in paris is 10x better. IMO its probably the best bon scott era ac/dc album period. Cause it's like a greatest hits from that era. Plus it is very highway to hell heavy, and thats my fav ac/dc studio album.

Edited by Mike420