What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Frank is on Netflix, only a matter of time before I watch it. Anyone see it yet?

yes...watch it....it's good stuff

Finally got around to watching this.... pretty good, not as good as I hoped. It was way more intimate than I thought it would be.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is like whiskey, gets better with age.

• Like 1

A Most Violent Year was great.

I enjoyed The Gambler.

The Wedding Ringer had some fun parts.

The Gunman and Hor Pursuit next.

A film called Most Violent Year that gets the Wasted seal of approval? I'll hafta check it out.
A Most Violent Year. Definitely worth watching,

Jessica Chastain best role ever.

I'm mid-way through Star Trek TNG. It sorts itself out by season 3 but you still get some weird cack like the crew in Robin Hood and some other Holodeck silliness. Whenever there is high drama at the Klingon empire, it can make all self-respecting nerd's pecker stand up. Who in fact needs sex and acne free skin with such plot lines as Worf vs the Duras family?

He is a splendid actor Stewart though. Pity he supports the Labour party.

Irrational Man - Joaquin Phoenix delivers the goods as usual as a burnt out philosophy professor desperately looking for something to provide meaning to his life while juggling an affair with a student and a colleague. The Rhode Island scenery was quite beautiful and reminds me of the Canadian east coast quite a bit.

Ant-Man

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice touch in having Garrett Morris do a cameo

Frank is on Netflix, only a matter of time before I watch it. Anyone see it yet?

Finally got around to watching this.... pretty good, not as good as I hoped. It was way more intimate than I thought it would be.

I thought you meant a different Frank

Ant-Man

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice touch in having Garrett Morris do a cameo

I thought you meant a different Frank

This? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Film

:lol:

the Raven with Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff. It's from the 1930's, but still a very good horror movie.

You got some good taste in movies y'know, well played :)

Thanks. I watched all those old movies with my dad, so watching them now brings back good memories. As for my grammar and spelling I do suck.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the 5 Armies.

It was way better than I thought it would be. I was shocked that Manu Bennett played that horrible lead Ork. I never would have thought that was him. He has played in Spartacus and Arrow. he's so handsome, so seeing him as an ugly Ork was amazing.

the Raven with Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff. It's from the 1930's, but still a very good horror movie.

You got some good taste in movies y'know, well played :)

Thanks. I watched all those old movies with my dad, so watching them now brings back good memories. As for my grammar and spelling I do suck.

I have the same with westerns.

"but still a very good horror movie"...........what does that mean? Movies from the 30s aren't normally good? At what year did horror movies start being good?

Alright, was at a house without internet this weekend, watched:

Out of the Furnace:

Not bad, not as good as I hoped. Took too long to get interesting. 7/10

Redemption (Jason Statham movie):

Exactly as I expected, some decent action and a pseudo-engaging plot. 6.5/10

Birdman:
I was expecting to love this, because everyone else did. But I thought it was good/pretty good. 7.5/10