What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

56 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

since i never saw the original do you think i'd like it more? i wanna see it mainly for Chris Pratt and his yumminess but i do love westerns :)

Probably so. There were a couple of people in my bunch that had never seen the original, and they both liked it more than me. But I'm kind of a die hard western fan so I take stuff like this too personal :lol: But yeah, check it out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Probably so. There were a couple of people in my bunch that had never seen the original, and they both liked it more than me. But I'm kind of a die hard western fan so I take stuff like this too personal :lol: But yeah, check it out.

thanks! i am too. like Tombstone is one of my all time faves :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Trying to remake Magnificent Seven is a sin.  Like a fire and brimstone book of revelations pitchfork in the back passage wailing and gnashing of teeth sin.

There was absolutely no reason to remake it. It's pretty much a Hollywood action blockbuster type of movie and nothing more.

21 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

thanks! i am too. like Tombstone is one of my all time faves :)

Thats one of few modern westerns i can actually tolerate, Val Kilmer was great in that, shame he's turned into a giant pudding now :D. I love his accent in that, i love Southern American accents in general, I've always wanted to be sitting on a porch, chewin' snoose and glugging bourbon, tilt my hat up to a stranger and go 'you ain't from round here, are ya boy?' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats one of few modern westerns i can actually tolerate, Val Kilmer was great in that, shame he's turned into a giant pudding now :D. I love his accent in that, i love Southern American accents in general, I've always wanted to be sitting on a porch, chewin' snoose and glugging bourbon, tilt my hat up to a stranger and go 'you ain't from round here, are ya boy?' :lol:

You trip me the fuck out homie. Cat like you, you'd fit in no problem.

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yes i loved him in Tombstone. and that accent! *swoon*

Val is scary skinny now, he's been sick but he went on Facebook and said he had some kind of throat swelling and had to have some kind of breathing tube inserted but now it's out and he says he's ok :) 

Val should have won an award or something for that role. Everyone played their roles good. Michael Biehn was nasty as Johnny Ringo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

'I'll be your Huckleberry!'

Although i gotta say My Darling Clementine is my favourite depiction of those characters.

Yeah man, that's the original. Plus it's John Ford so it's damn near perfect.

real quick, one of my favorite Val Holliday lines is, when he and Wyatt meet up in Tombstone and Wyatt introduces him to the sheriff. Sheriff is like, Nice to meet the famous Doc Holliday, and extends his hand. Doc is just like, Pardon me if I don't shake hands :lol: hell of a thing to say to the sheriff's face!

• Like 1

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)

The remake of one of Hitchcock's earlier British films. Commissioned because the great man himself thought it would be an easy way to fulfill a contractual obligation to Paramount. That doesn't mean the film was rushed or isn't good though. In fact, I think it's pretty underrated. When it's surrounded by company like Rear WindowVertigo, and North By Northwest it's no wonder it seems to hardly get mentioned. The original is probably the first of his films that truly feels like a Hitchcock film, so it's neat seeing him do a different take on the same general story. James Stewart and Doris Day are excellent, and Hitchcock even had an Academy Award winning song commissioned to highlight Day's singing abilities. It ends up being a crucial part of the film too. Very clever, and a different sort of Hitchcock. The twist is revealed early in the film so rather than waiting for a twist to happen, you're along for the ride with the main characters as they attempt to get their son back. Good stuff.