Where's the attitude? (There Was a Time Taipei 2009)

ChristianGNR

As you can watch, Axl is completly lost singing the song, but one thing that has stolen my atention was the ATTITUDE

- No Glass, No Hats, Just a Simple Axl Rose onstage.

- Take a listen to his Rasp Voice. Sounds like uncalibrated and raw, but amazing.

- Take a look at his eyes and body moviment.

I really miss that Guns N' Roses.

Sorry, but 2013 Guns is a joke near that one.

here -> http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/196114-the-2010-energy/

Today we only got a shadow of this guy.

This is W. Axl Rose

Maybe the tshirt it's the clue....

Quite simple really, Axl gave up.

Seriously, think about it, why was Rock In Rio 2011 such a atrocious show? Because Axl doesn't give a fuck anymore. He doesn't want to go out there and put on the best show possible. He doesn't care about making new music, and letting this band shine. He only cares about the casual fans who are there to hear the hits from yesteryear that not one current member (excluding Axl himself) has recorded and/or made famous. Now, instead of being in shape, having a fantastic voice, and playing new music, we're stuck with nostalgia shows, a obviously uncaring Axl Rose with deteriorating vocals, and cover songs. Not to mention they play essentially the same set-list every single show.

Axl still had the passion in 2010 to prove himself and he did just that. He was putting many critics to shame with his raspy, powerful performances. He was very active on stage, he was seemingly really into the songs. Now, we have a 51 year old man who hide's behind bling, sunglasses and oversized leather jackets. It's obvious that something happened between the show in late 2010 to Rock In Rio that made Axl just not care anymore. What it was, we'll probably never know.

And worst of all, it doesn't seem like it's going to get better. Unless he's "saving" his voice for the studio and will use more rasp for new songs played live, I highly doubt were getting the rasp back at full force.

I do have some faith in a better voice returning.

axl could belt out out a great scream in 2002 but he sounded like he was singing through nose. 2006/7 was a marked improvement. Check out the sailing performance, think its the best thing he's done with his vocal range since 2001.

2010 voice was incredible. However he is 51 now and i don't mind the jacket and hats cause he looks more rockstar than in 2010. Maybe for a song or two he could take it off.

I'd be all for a 2010 release, a show with nice boys would be killer.

Compare that video to the one posted in the OP.

Jesus Christ Axl. Where is your passion? Where is your Attitude? You came back and gave us so many great performances. You killed it on stage. And now? You don't even seem like the same dude. I don't know what happened, but we miss you brotha.

It's obvious that something happened between the show in late 2010 to Rock In Rio that made Axl just not care anymore. What it was, we'll probably never know.

He lost the Azoff lawsuit in that timeframe.

And the Activision lawsuit (or it was going on at that time). Interestingly, I found a law student discussing it in a podcast here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/axl-rose-activision-fraudulent/id388454392?i=91433004&mt=2

Also, if what MSL says about label rejecting new album around August 2010 is true as well, well, I think Axl felt pretty defeated by the end of 2010.

Great videos... that first show at Taiwan in 2009, although was not completely 'on' technically, as has been said, Axl was really getting into it, and for the start of a tour his voice was fairly strong.. 2010 took that to another level both with his voice and his physical condition....

As for now, unfortunately he doesn't seem as inspired and his stage dynamic seems to have significantly decreased.. I won't pursue the line of discussion judging Axl as a fat fuck, lazy etc, only because - aside from the fact that I don't know anything about his physical condition, I have personally seen how even just one year can dramatically change someone's health negatively.... it's just a shame how things seem to have quickly changed, and I wonder what comes next..

Edited by rhiad85

Compare that video to the one posted in the OP.

Jesus Christ Axl. Where is your passion? Where is your Attitude? You came back and gave us so many great performances. You killed it on stage. And now? You don't even seem like the same dude. I don't know what happened, but we miss you brotha.

no rasp, but at least it's tuned. In Taipei, half song is out of tune or melody

In my opinion, new music would motivate him to get up on stage and kick.

I highly doubt Axl is okay with playing mostly songs from the original GnR days.

I'm sure that there's something preventing the band from releasing more music. This is something I'm convinced about.

I sincerely hope that when (if) CDII is released, we'll see a better sounding Axl.

I think Axl was up for it in 2000. ready to go all out with more wilder version of GNR. But tge freedom in the industry has just got steadily less and less. Each band is a seperate situation but its not late 90s or an organic evolution anymore.

This thread is exactly why not only can I not be excited about the idea of an O2/Vegas DVD/cinema release but find the idea appauling. They've got all this amazing footage, who cares if it's not HD? Put out a 2010 show and have loads of extras of stuff from 2006-2010 like Sailing, Twat etc.

Where did MSL say that the label rejected a new album in August 2010? That makes everything make a LOAD more sense.

Axl said in December 2008 that there might be album no.2 the same time a year later. If by 2 years later after Axl went out there in 2009-2010 to prove he still had it, would promote and perform the new music to the utmost and that the new band could draw and the label basically said 'no more New Guns albums' then that explains pretty much everything. No wonder he's given up.

• Like 2