Where's the attitude? (There Was a Time Taipei 2009)

ChristianGNR

As you can watch, Axl is completly lost singing the song, but one thing that has stolen my atention was the ATTITUDE

- No Glass, No Hats, Just a Simple Axl Rose onstage.

- Take a listen to his Rasp Voice. Sounds like uncalibrated and raw, but amazing.

- Take a look at his eyes and body moviment.

I really miss that Guns N' Roses.

Sorry, but 2013 Guns is a joke near that one.

• Like 1

It would be fascinating to know what changed in his mindset for each tour that influenced his attire and performance and choice of singing style. 2006-2010 was absolutely Axl intendng to own and as close to his old self as he was ever likely to be. 2002 was clearly deer-in-headlights 'just got enough of myself together to do this tour'. We'll probably never know the truth behind his demeanor since 2011. I'm somewhat optimistic that we might at least get one more bout of Attitude to coincide with new music and decent live versions of Twat and Prostitue.

He says something about the guitar solo in this vid. From '09 to '12 he keeps trying to sing over the beginning of Bucket's solo. Funny seeing Bumble catching onto this and trying to hold off on playing the solo by Vegas performance.

Axl needs to get his mojo back.

First step would be to get off the booze and get back in shape. At 51 things won't be getting any easier... But realistically Axl is just too fucking lazy for that.

Edited by trqster

600_30.jpg

I remember this was the first image of Axl in over 2 years, after the Taipei show. We all panicked because he looks *really* fat in this pic. Was really relieved when subsequent pics came out.