Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

Sometimes things show up in tracking just as having been shipped, but it never says where it is after that. That happened with my UYI II mini LP, and it just showed up about 10 days later.

Just checked tracking and it's showed up in New York as of this morning. I'm guessing it'll be here by Wednesday or so next week. I'm so stoked for it to finally arrive!

My Pink Floyd mini LPs should be here around the same time :D What album are you waiting for?

Bon Jovi - These Days.

It's easily my favorite album of theirs and I've been waiting years to get it on vinyl.

Stopped by Dearborn Music this morning and grabbed a couple things:

Aerosmith - Live Bootleg (Something I've just never got around to buying)

City And Colour - Sometimes

Hozier - Hozier

St. Paul & The Broken Bones - Half The City (Actually got this off Amazon last week. It's amazing).

No new records this week, but I did just pick up a needle and some new speakers. Just small Polk bookshelf speakers but they sound pretty awesome, regularly about $300, on sale for $100 B-)

I love getting a deal on sound equipment, congrats!

My record showed up today:

2nk2wrb.jpg

The cover and records were listed in VG+ and I wouldn't consider the cover anywhere near that grading, but I'm not mad. The records are more like NM than VG+ and I don't care too much about covers anyway, so I'm good.

Plus, It was shipped extremely quickly, packed very well and about half the price of copies I've been watching for a while now.

tl;dr- I'm happy as hell!

So here's some awesome news:

It turns out the LP of These Days has 2 bonus tracks that I'd never heard before! One was just ok, but the other was awesome. I didn't look at the cover much prior to spinning it, so when the first bonus track started to play I was shocked lol

Not sure if I believe a Bon Jovi song was 'awesome' but that's fuckin' cool anyways :lol:

It's all relative I guess. When I tell people how great of an album These Days is, I always have to make it clear that I'm saying that by comparison to their most popular output. Yes, I think These Days is an awesome Bon Jovi album but in saying that, I'm comparing it to their other material which continually reminds up of the hardships that have befallen Tommy & Gina haha.

Sold my old cartridge/stylus for $180 on a message board. Told the dude I'll hold on to the funds until he receives it and he's happy with it. I figure it'll take a week or so for that, then I think I'm going to take the money and knock the next thing on my wishlist: Motley Crue S/T.

Has anyone picked up Blind Melon (self titled) reissue?

I have the RSD version which I assume is the same pressing.

Yeah I think it is. How does it doing? Saw a copy at my local record store today for $35 but didn't pick it up. It sells on amazon for $50 so I midnight go back and get it. Kills me to spend almost $40 on a single LP though.

Went to the local record store today. Picked up Strip and Friend or Foe by Adam Ant, Prince Charming and the 1983 US re-release of Dirk Wears White Sox by Adam and the Ants, and the US version of Shove It by The Cross. It has the version of "Heaven For Everyone" with Roger on vocals instead of Freddie Mercury.

One of my most wanted LPs has been Live Through This by Hole. Decent copies go for ridiculous amounts so I've always held off.

Someone pressed a bootleg recently that's getting good reviews and it goes for around $30, so I took a chance on it. Should be here by the end of next week.