Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

If anyone's store still has the Faith No More single and you could pick it up for me, i'd be suuuuper stoked.

I just picked up American Hustle this morning and got a copy of the Shining OST for 20% off

Park Ave might still have one, I'll let you know

My new pre-amp was delivered late yesterday. I only had a time to hook it up and listen to a couple songs, but I was impressed with what I heard. I'm about to head out of town until Thursday afternoon, so I'm bummed I won't be able to listen to it more until then, but at least I've got a couple days free to do so then.

I listened to In The Flesh? from The Wall, Welcome To The Jungle and Three Women from Lazaretto. I was shocked by the seperation and clarity on all 3, but Jungle really stood out.

Picked up the new AC/DC LP this morning. Cool to see they did the lenticular cover for the LP too - never seen it on anythign but a CD :)

My boss sent me a text this morning saying he thought the LP packaging was really nice. I like that LP packaging is really taking an upswing lately.

I've been considering getting Mothership and 02 by Led Zep on vinyl. Russ how do they sound?

I would categorize the sound on Mothership as "so-so". I'm not blown away by it, but it's good. I LOVE the sound on Celebration Day. I listen to that more often than my other Zeppelin LPs.

My brother went to italy and got me:

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Black Sabbath - Sabotage

AC/DC - Rock Or Bust

AC/DC - Back In Black

U2 - Songs Of Innocence

Really, where from? Vinlys are usually well expensive in Italy

Some store in Rome, I'll ask him. He said most were around 25 and 30 euros.

Modern Vintage is coming out on vinyl on December 15. Pre-ordered that along with Taylor Swift's 1989 on CCMusic.

edit: does anyone have Black Crowes+Jimmy Page live at the greek? Reviews?

I own it and several friends do. See my review of Celebration Day for my thoughts. Again, it sounds so good I'd rather listen to that than my Zep LPs.