Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

I got The Blessed Hellride today. Awesome album, and it's on white vinyl, but it had a big smudge :max:

Also got In Flames by Kandle, it's got a great winter time atmosphere so I'm looking forward to playing it while I have some kind of christmas drink :lol: Grabbed some CD's too, including Slash's new album.

The only Zakk related LP I have is Pride & Glory. I really need to get more. I wish Book Of Shadows was available on vinyl.

Probably the least amount as possible, from what I've read their always seems to be a minimal amount. But if I could pick, I'd say 10~20 range would be enough. I'm not doing these to sell or to promote my band. I'm doing them for me, and I would give the rest of the band ones also, plus a few select fans. The lowest amount I've read online is for orders of 100. If thats as low as it goes, so be it I suppose. But 100 means 80 of them sitting in my basement.

Finally got a chance to talk to my buddy about this yesterday. He said the smallest run he's ever heard of woudl be about 300 records. He says a 7" will run about $800 and a full length LP would be around $1200-$1400.

• Like 1

Ouch, thanks for the info though. I still want to do it, but maybe we do the recording ourselves (we do have a top of the line 24 track machine), then place an order for LP's. I did find one on the net that would do an order of 100. I know our singer wants to have the recordings done professionaly, but I feel that is a bit of a waste of money. I myself, have let go of superstar rock dreams. Even Slash himself said it was a lot easier in the 70's and 80's, today their is just too much music out there to really get noticed. Besides I am about be 33, married with kids, I'm not really interested in touring anymore. So bottom line, I'm just making music for myself, my band, and our fans. I can call myself a successful musician if I can play an album's worth of MY music on my turntable along with my zep and gnr vinyls. I just gotta talk the rest of the band into that plan....

Ouch, thanks for the info though. I still want to do it, but maybe we do the recording ourselves (we do have a top of the line 24 track machine), then place an order for LP's. I did find one on the net that would do an order of 100. I know our singer wants to have the recordings done professionaly, but I feel that is a bit of a waste of money. I myself, have let go of superstar rock dreams. Even Slash himself said it was a lot easier in the 70's and 80's, today their is just too much music out there to really get noticed. Besides I am about be 33, married with kids, I'm not really interested in touring anymore. So bottom line, I'm just making music for myself, my band, and our fans. I can call myself a successful musician if I can play an album's worth of MY music on my turntable along with my zep and gnr vinyls. I just gotta talk the rest of the band into that plan....

Here's the site for his studio:

http://www.solidsound.net/frames.html

Picked up the Oasis-(What's The Story) Morning Glory? remaster. I'm not sure I'll get to play it tonight, but hoping to soon. I've wanted this on vinyl for a long, long time.

Let me know what you think of the pressing. I'll likely pick it up. I really wish that albums were either 40 minutes or 70+ minutes. Make it a full double LP or cut a song or 2 so it can fit on 1 LP.

Picked up the Oasis-(What's The Story) Morning Glory? remaster. I'm not sure I'll get to play it tonight, but hoping to soon. I've wanted this on vinyl for a long, long time.

Let me know what you think of the pressing. I'll likely pick it up. I really wish that albums were either 40 minutes or 70+ minutes. Make it a full double LP or cut a song or 2 so it can fit on 1 LP.

I'll let you know. I'm hoping to get to play it tonight.

I don't understand what you mean about the second part though.

It's a double LP right? Isn't the run time only 50 minutes? That's only 12-minutes per side.

It's a double LP right? Isn't the run time only 50 minutes? That's only 12-minutes per side.

Oh ok, I see what you mean. I'd rather have the whole album spread out across 2 LPs than either be missing music or have it crammed on to 1 LP and sound awful. That was the case with a lot of late 80s, early 90s albums and stuff as recent as Chinese.

Oh ok, I see what you mean. I'd rather have the whole album spread out across 2 LPs than either be missing music or have it crammed on to 1 LP and sound awful. That was the case with a lot of late 80s, early 90s albums and stuff as recent as Chinese.

I think the flexibility and popularity of CDs allowed for that trend.

Ok guys, just got some spending money for my bday yesterday, so of course I want to add to my vinyl collection. Does anyone have any bad or horror stories with imports from Discogs? Right now I'm looking at Imports of Gnr Lies, TSI, and Aerosmith Big Ones. I just want to hear what you guys think before I go a head with the purchase.

Ok guys, just got some spending money for my bday yesterday, so of course I want to add to my vinyl collection. Does anyone have any bad or horror stories with imports from Discogs? Right now I'm looking at Imports of Gnr Lies, TSI, and Aerosmith Big Ones. I just want to hear what you guys think before I go a head with the purchase.

The only advice I have about Discogs is that in my experience feedback is deadly accurate. If you see more than a few people complaining that the records were not in the shape advertised or the sellers takes too long to ship, it will happen to you as well. In my early days of buying on there, I took a couple of chances and ended up really wishing I'd would have just believed the feedback.

Also: I would love to get Big Ones someday too.

So I just finished all my pick ups. Here's my new additions!!!

GNR Lies (import)

Zeppelin 2 (brand new remaster with extras)

Zeppelin IV (brand new remaster wj extras)

Aerosmith Big Ones (import, got raked over the coals for this one, but I had my heart set on it.)

Aerosmith Greatest Hits

Had to pass on TSI and Get a Grip for now, but Christmas is coming. :)

• Like 1

Okay, I'm gonna do the unthinkable and ask a CD question in here :lol:

Going down the rabbit hole that is the internet this afternoon, I ended up looking at the Discogs page for releases from North Korea. One CD by the Korean People's Army Band actually has a copy for sale in the Discogs marketplace, for $24. The CD is coming from Greece, so probably add on approximately $15 shipping. Here's the question part - since we have a trade embargo with North Korea, is it technically illegal for me to order this? Surely if the package gets checked at customs it will be confiscated. What are the odds of this happening do you guys think? Is there any buyer protection through Discogs if I never receive the CD?

Send it to my place and I'll hang on to it until you come to Toronto next.

Doesn't Canada have economic sanctions on North Korea as well?
No idea but I don't believe in discrimination. It's also coming from Greece so I don't see what the big deal would be (for you either).