Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

Just purchased "Lonerism" by Tame Impala, but I have to wait until next week to hear it :(

I think I should be getting "Yellow House" by Grizzly Bear sometime next week as well. I am excited ^_^

I have a couple Tame Impala LPs, love their sound. I'm still missing Lonersim though. Let me know how it sounds when you get a chance!

Lonerism sounds great! I think my next purchase will be something classic. Maybe some Queen or Floyd?

Also I'm a little sad because my version of Shields (Grizzly Bear) skips on some songs. I bought it new, so that's really unfortunate :(

Good to hear on the Tame Impala, I really need to get around to getting that. Floyd and Queen records are kinda hard to come by in good condition, but when you find them they sound awesome!

Recently picked up nirvana unplugged in New York. It was pretty dusty/dirty when I opened it. Quite a few pop but I think it'll be ok.

That's odd and a bummer that it was dirty. You can use a microfiber cloth and some non-alcohol cleaning fluid to take care of it though.

My stepdad gave me a live Led Zeppelin album, recorded in 1969. Clear record. 16 minute version of Dazed and Confused. Needless to say, it's my favourite in my collection :)

Right on. I was just looking at some live LPs the other day. There's a Roger Waters one from 1987 at one of my local stores. I'm currently trying to find some extra dough for it.

Russ - what's a good homemade cleaning solution? All the cleaning kits I see at record shops look like rip-offs.

There are literally tons of "recipes" out there. I buy this:

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-7657-vpi-rcm-fluid-1-oz-concentrate.aspx

Pour that into a gallon of distilled water and you've got a TON of clearning fluid for around $25.

A Night At The Opera or News of The World?

A Night at The Opera

What he said.

Both are pretty cheap on Amazon, but I suppose I'll get A Night at The Opera first ^_^

Right on.

I broke down and ordered another off my "Wish List" from Discogs today. I got Warrant-Dog Eat Dog, it's coming all the way from Greece but it's way cheaper than I've seen it before even with shipping and the seller has a great rating.

I was at the record store this morning and finally bought the latest Broken Bells LP, After The Disco as well.

• Like 1

Russ what's on your vinyl wishlist?

Here's everything left on it as of now:

The Beatles-Let It Be Naked

David Bowie-Santa Monica '72

The Black Crowes-Shake, Southern & Amorica re-issues

By Your Side

Lions

Cardigans-Lovefool 7"

Hole-Gold Dust Woman 7"

Live Through This

INXS-Live Baby Live

Kill Bill-Volume 1 & 2

Last Action Hero-Soundtrack

Annie Lennox-Diva

Motley Crue-S/T (94)

Oasis-Be Here Now

Page/Plant-No Quarter/Unledded

U2-Vertigo 7"

Van Halen-Balance

Some of these are easy to get or I'm just waiting for them to be re-released. Others are just way harder to find in the US so it's a matter of paying to get it from overseas. Some like By Your Side and Lions by the Crowes as well as Live Through This by Hole are just outrageously priced every time I look for them.

Coheed and Cambria's second (and bestest) album In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 is finally getting a rerelease on Vinyl, so you no longer have to fork out $900 for a copy!

Screen-Shot-2014-08-18-at-10.27.53-AM.pn

I preordered the black version on Amazon UK for the very reasonable price of £21.99, last time for the SSTB rerelease it was cheaper for me to order it from Amazon US and pay the international shipping than to buy it from the UK store! So now I will have all their albums on vinyl except for Good Apollo vol. 1 which never got a vinyl release the first time round, who knows whether they will do one for its anniversary?

• Like 1

Coheed and Cambria's second (and bestest) album In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 is finally getting a rerelease on Vinyl, so you no longer have to fork out $900 for a copy!

Screen-Shot-2014-08-18-at-10.27.53-AM.pn

I preordered the black version on Amazon UK for the very reasonable price of £21.99, last time for the SSTB rerelease it was cheaper for me to order it from Amazon US and pay the international shipping than to buy it from the UK store! So now I will have all their albums on vinyl except for Good Apollo vol. 1 which never got a vinyl release the first time round, who knows whether they will do one for its anniversary?

Speaking of Coheed... (please forgive my lack of knowledge): Didn't they have a Record Store Day release lined up this year that just disappeared for no reason?

I don't know? I didnt know there was such a thing as record store day?

EDIT: apparently there was some sort of hoax regarding them doing a pressing of Good Apollo 1

That was a bummer. I follow all the blogs and stuff real close leading up to RSD every year so I know how much I'm going to spend. Tons of people seemed very stoked for that Coheed release then it just disappeared. Sucks to find out it was just a hoax. However, I'm sure everyone is excited about the new release you posted.

Russ PM me your PayPal please email please, I'd still like to buy one of those 2002 stickers if there are still any at the shop, assuming that's the one you're going to.

That's the first one I'm hitting today actually. I'll check when I get there and let you know ASAP later today.

• Like 1

Russ PM me your PayPal please email please, I'd still like to buy one of those 2002 stickers if there are still any at the shop, assuming that's the one you're going to.

That's the first one I'm hitting today actually. I'll check when I get there and let you know ASAP later today.

Thanks dude!

Thanks dude!

No dice man, there weren't any more when I looked today. <_<

I appreciate you looking for me though :)

Did you get anything today?

No, there just wasn't much of interest. They did have a used copy of AIC Sap/Jar Of Flies for $20 that was in great shape. I thought about it for a little but and realized I already have all the songs I would want off those albums on the Unplugged so I passed.

Ended up snagging Page/Plant-No Quarter/Unledded off of Discogs. Gonna make a records store run this afternoon and see if anything else off my wish list is available locally. If not, I may head online and knock out of a couple.

Wish I knew you were looking for No Quarter - I've got a copy I'm looking to sell :lol:

There's a Mighty Mighty Bosstones 7" on Discogs I really should get, but I just can't afford it right now. It's at $200 which is actually a pretty good price for it, but I just don't have that kind of extra cash right now <_<