Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

I've got Tribute and Speak of the Devil by Ozzy on vinyl. Picked them up at a used record store some years back.

I want to get into collecting some day. I love looking at the artwork the way it's meant to be presented.

Right on. I've got both of those and love them. I've got Live & Loud and the Ozzy Live (w/ Randy) LP that came out a few years back. Couldn't agree more on how it's displayed!

Ran out to pick up the first Oasis re-issue this morning so I'm pretty excited. I also have re-issues by KISS and Dmn Yankees to pick up later today, so it stands to be a pretty good day for me music wise.

When is Morning Glory being re-issued?

Ran out to pick up the first Oasis re-issue this morning so I'm pretty excited. I also have re-issues by KISS and Dmn Yankees to pick up later today, so it stands to be a pretty good day for me music wise.

When is Morning Glory being re-issued?

Nothing official has been announced yet, but the current rumor is 07/20 which I'm crossing my fingers is true.

• Like 1

I'm kind of bummed...the American Hustle OST was supposed to get a vinyl release in april, then it got pushed to this month, now apparently it is cancelled. Super lame.

In other news, I've gotten a ton of new records since the last time I posted here. Some of the highlights include:

-KISS Self Titled w/ No Kissin' Time

-KISS: Creatures of the night on GID vinyl

-KISS: Psycho Circus

-Filth OST (Blue vinyl)

-Rage Against The Machine Self titled (original pressing)

-Reservoir Dogs RSD OST on blue and orange vinyl to add to my brown copy. I have half the set now.

and many others including more Movie Soundtracks and then some LPs by Bowie, Elton John, ELO, Duke Ellington and so on and so forth...

Oh and here's a pretty cool shot of my music room....

33zb67o.jpg

Edited by Stiff Competition

I'm kind of bummed...the American Hustle OST was supposed to get a vinyl release in april, then it got pushed to this month, now apparently it is cancelled. Super lame.

In other news, I've gotten a ton of new records since the last time I posted here. Some of the highlights include:

-Filth OST (Blue vinyl)

-Reservoir Dogs RSD OST on blue and orange vinyl to add to my brown copy. I have half the set now.

and many others including more Movie Soundtracks and then some LPs by Bowie, Elton John, ELO, Duke Ellington and so on and so forth...

33zb67o.jpg

Nice music room!

Of the new Kiss releases, I picked up Revenge. Been trying to get Carnival Of Souls all week, but none of my stores have received it yet even though they all ordered it :/

Definitely going to pick up all 3 Zeppelin releases next week. I assume plenty of those will be floating around.

-Filth OST (Blue vinyl)

33zb67o.jpg

Nice music room!

Of the new Kiss releases, I picked up Revenge. Been trying to get Carnival Of Souls all week, but none of my stores have received it yet even though they all ordered it :/

Definitely going to pick up all 3 Zeppelin releases next week. I assume plenty of those will be floating around.

So far I have only bought psycho circus and carnival of souls.mim going to buy the ones that were never available on vinyl and maybe a few select others. I definitely want to buy the zeppelin re-issues, maybe even the mega box version for Zeppelin 2.

Yesterday i picked up the 2010 re-issue of the Jimi Hendrix album Band of gypsys. Great songs and awesome sound quality!

The only Hendrix LP I have is Axis but it's also the 2010 re-issue. The sound on those re-issues is fuckin' awesome.

• Like 1

I have a LOT of new vinyl to get to over the next couple of days:

Led Zeppelin II - 2LP (Still waiting for the 3LP I and 2LP III to show up around town)

Jack White - Lazaretto

Kiss - Carnival Of Souls

Rich Robinson - The Ceaseless Sight

Gonna be a great weekend for vinyl listening at my crib!

• Like 1

Picked up some new stuff this week....

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease Picture Disc

Anthrax - Make Me Laugh 12" Single Picture Disc

Anthrax - Bring the Noise 10" Single Picture Disc

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

GN'R - It's So Easy/Mr. Brownstone 12" Single

Decline Of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years OST

Also, I have seen some you talk about discogs before. I just made my first purchase there. Has everyone has good experiences on there? I got a sweet deal on a KISS promo LP from '76 that i have been wanting for some time now.

Picked up some new stuff this week....

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease Picture Disc

Anthrax - Make Me Laugh 12" Single Picture Disc

Anthrax - Bring the Noise 10" Single Picture Disc

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

GN'R - It's So Easy/Mr. Brownstone 12" Single

Decline Of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years OST

Also, I have seen some you talk about discogs before. I just made my first purchase there. Has everyone has good experiences on there? I got a sweet deal on a KISS promo LP from '76 that i have been wanting for some time now.

I've bought somewhere around 50 records off of Discogs and only had one bad experience ever. The seller feedback is usually pretty damn accurate on there so it's very easy to stay safe a lot of the time.

Holy Grail acquired.

KISS - 1974 Self Titled White Label Promo LP

Very rare. Very valuable.

I payed 150 for it at a local record store. 2 years ago, 1 sold on ebay for over a grand. The last one on ebay sold for 400 but someone put it up as a buy it now and it sold quick, so who knows what the seller really could have got.

10365902_10202150882796801_7348552082717

In other news, also picked up:

Jack White - Lazaretto "Ultra LP"

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin 3LP Deluxe remaster

T-Rex - Electric Warrior

Holy Grail acquired.

KISS - 1974 Self Titled White Label Promo LP

Very rare. Very valuable.

I payed 150 for it at a local record store. 2 years ago, 1 sold on ebay for over a grand. The last one on ebay sold for 400 but someone put it up as a buy it now and it sold quick, so who knows what the seller really could have got.

10365902_10202150882796801_7348552082717

In other news, also picked up:

Jack White - Lazaretto "Ultra LP"

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin 3LP Deluxe remaster

T-Rex - Electric Warrior

Nice work! I got the JWIII album from The Vault, but I'm gonna pick up a black one soon. My local store finally got the 2LP Led Zep III so I'm gonna go grab that today too.

San Francisco - Amoeba (haight), Amoeba (Berkely) and Rasputin (Berkely) which is right across the street from the amoeba.

LA - Amoeba (Hollywood), Record Parlor (Hollywood), Atomic Records (Burbank), Freak Beat (Sherman Oaks)

Vegas - Record City

There are other smaller shops in all the locations that you can find by just googling or going on yelp but those are the main ones I would try to hit. I can't help you with NYC.

San Francisco - Amoeba (haight), Amoeba (Berkely) and Rasputin (Berkely) which is right across the street from the amoeba.

LA - Amoeba (Hollywood), Record Parlor (Hollywood), Atomic Records (Burbank), Freak Beat (Sherman Oaks)

Vegas - Record City

There are other smaller shops in all the locations that you can find by just googling or going on yelp but those are the main ones I would try to hit. I can't help you with NYC.

Thanks. It seems like Amoeba is a great store.

Led Zeppelin II - 2LP (Still waiting for the 3LP I and 2LP III to show up around town)

Kiss - Carnival Of Souls

Are they going to do Houses of the Holy? I like that Zep album top to bottom. Picked up a used vinyl for 3 bucks a few months ago, it's nice to finally own it on vinyl. I'd love for them to do to that album what they're doing to the first few. Unless they announced it and I missed it in which case ignore that :book:

as for the KISS album, I own all of them except Monster (and i have 0 intention of ever getting it). The only ones that spark my interest from a vinyl perspective are Ace's solo album, Alive III, Revenge, Symphony Alive, Psycho Circus, and if they're doing it, Unplugged and Alive Millennium. Those are my most played KISS albums I don't own on vinyl, but if it comes down to it, i'll only get Ace, Alive III, Alive Millennium and Psycho Circus. eBay will be my buddy for a little bit :lol: i'm waiting for people to break up their KISS vinyl boxset.

Finally got around to building a badly needed extra table for LPs:

fvxl5v.jpg

first off, lookin' good Mr. TCB. Secondly, is that Core the MOV reissue? If so, I've got it as well, it sounds great and the laser etching on back of side 4 is cool. Well worth the price. MoV is a great company, and they're doing Blind Melon, which is something I need to pick up.

Kiss - Carnival Of Souls

Are they going to do Houses of the Holy? I like that Zep album top to bottom. Picked up a used vinyl for 3 bucks a few months ago, it's nice to finally own it on vinyl. I'd love for them to do to that album what they're doing to the first few. Unless they announced it and I missed it in which case ignore that :book:

as for the KISS album, I own all of them except Monster (and i have 0 intention of ever getting it). The only ones that spark my interest from a vinyl perspective are Ace's solo album, Alive III, Revenge, Symphony Alive, Psycho Circus, and if they're doing it, Unplugged and Alive Millennium. Those are my most played KISS albums I don't own on vinyl, but if it comes down to it, i'll only get Ace, Alive III, Alive Millennium and Psycho Circus. eBay will be my buddy for a little bit :lol: i'm waiting for people to break up their KISS vinyl boxset.

Finally got around to building a badly needed extra table for LPs:

fvxl5v.jpg

first off, lookin' good Mr. TCB. Secondly, is that Core the MOV reissue? If so, I've got it as well, it sounds great and the laser etching on back of side 4 is cool. Well worth the price. MoV is a great company, and they're doing Blind Melon, which is something I need to pick up.

All the KISS albums you mentioned are being released or already have been released outside the box set. There are only a few exclusives to the box set, most being compilation albums. Though Alive IV (symphony) might be one of those, I forget. Revenge, paycho circus and unplugged are already out.