Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

Probably going to pre-order Johnny Cash - Out Among the Stars. Only $20. They have a deluxe edition with a bad ass t-shit but it's like 40. These are supposed to be all original recordings. So I'm thinking old vintage Johnny on vinyl is hard to beat. It should have that, feel, for lack of a better word.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

Probably going to pre-order Johnny Cash - Out Among the Stars. Only $20. They have a deluxe edition with a bad ass t-shit but it's like 40. These are supposed to be all original recordings. So I'm thinking old vintage Johnny on vinyl is hard to beat. It should have that, feel, for lack of a better word.

I have the American IV-VI LPs. Now that they're doing re-issues of I-III, I'm going to grab those along with the Out Among The Stars LP too. I didn't know it was that cheap! I may need to get the t-shirt bundle too. Is it through his site?

I have the American IV-VI LPs. Now that they're doing re-issues of I-III, I'm going to grab those along with the Out Among The Stars LP too. I didn't know it was that cheap! I may need to get the t-shirt bundle too. Is it through his site?

http://www.myplaydirect.com/johnny-cash

That's what his official FB page is promoting. Vinyl is actually 25 there, 20 on Amazon. I'll get it there if I get the shirt bundle. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Is it ok to post that link like that here? I'll change if it's not. And obviously in my og post it should t-shirt, not t-shit :lol:

Edited by J Dog

http://www.myplaydirect.com/johnny-cash

That's what his official FB page is promoting. Vinyl is actually 25 there, 20 on Amazon. I'll get it there if I get the shirt bundle. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Is it ok to post that link like that here? I'll change if it's not. And obviously in my og post it should t-shirt, not t-shit :lol:

Yeah, it's totally cool to post the link. In looking at the shirt, I think I'll just pick up the LP on it's own through Amazon. I've already got a shirt that's very similar to that one.

• Like 1

I purchased AFD and both Illusions for $55 (free shipping). I already have AFD but for that price it is still cheaper that buying the illusions separately.

That's why I still don't have UYI. You have to have both but you can't hardly get them together for under like 50 bucks.

I purchased AFD and both Illusions for $55 (free shipping). I already have AFD but for that price it is still cheaper that buying the illusions separately.

That's a great deal, was that one of those Pop Market deals?

That's why I still don't have UYI. You have to have both but you can't hardly get them together for under like 50 bucks.

I gotta tell ya, even at $30 each both UYI records are worth it IMO.

edit-

I picked up a rare Floyd record down in Toledo today and the new Beck on the way home. I finally found a copy of Queen-Live At Wembley for a good price on Discogs the other day as well, but it won't be here for another week or so.

• Like 1

That's a great deal, was that one of those Pop Market deals?

Yeah it was Friday's deal. My first time dealing with them so I really hope I don't get hit with customs...

• Like 1

The Record Store Day lists are finally starting to look awesome! Anyone else see anything they want?

I just tried searching the official rsd website and wasn't able to find a list of releases for this year. Where are you looking?

This cat always spills the beans early:

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/

TONS of info there.

Nice, I'm going to try to get my hands on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

Yep, me too. Here's my list so far:

7"

Bayside-Time Has Come (my wife LOVES this band)

Elbow-Change

Wanda Jackson-Live

Nirvana-Pennyroyal Tea

10"

fun.-Point And Light

Veruca Salt-New Material

12"

Jake Bugg-Live

Elastica-S/T

Ice T-Greatest Hits

Linkin Park/Jay Z-Collision Course

Oasis-Supersonic (12" Single)

Outkast-Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

REM-Unplugged Box Set

Various Artist-Faux Real

• Like 1

Yep, it's got dream warriors on one side and two other songs on the other, forget which ones right now and am not at home to check. I'm not a big dokken fan but dream warriors is one of my all time favorite movies.

I love both. Dream Warriors is my favorite horror film period, not just fav ANOES film. While I'm not a huge Dokken fan, I really like a lot of their stuff. Dream Warriors did turn me on to them. George Lynch is one of my favorite 80's guitarists, and they do have some good songs. Paris is burning is my personal fav. I totally would have snagged that record as well. What other songs are on it?

Went to detroit for the last couple days and hit up a couple stores

jpiyqe.jpg

Walls and bridges and too much too soon are first pressings. KISS is a Mexican issue and all the titles and everything are in Spanish.

Nice! What stores did you hit it? I usually rotate between Found Sound, UHF and Dearborn Music.

jpiyqe.jpg

Walls and bridges and too much too soon are first pressings. KISS is a Mexican issue and all the titles and everything are in Spanish.

Nice! What stores did you hit it? I usually rotate between Found Sound, UHF and Dearborn Music.

UHF and hello records. UHF was great!

jpiyqe.jpg

UHF and hello records. UHF was great!

Nice. I was just at UHF today actually. I've been to Hello a few times. You can find some good stuff there, but you've gotta have time to burn for a lot of digging.

do you live out there, then?

I was just in town for Nick Lidstrom night and stayed for the game against the devils as well. I just got home today. I wanted to go into dearborn while I was there but just ran out of time.

Yeah, Hello wasn't as big of a rock selection either but that's actually where I found the mexican issue KISS lp, so that was rad.