Faith No More

ManetsBR

You already know my opinion. They're probably one of the most diverse (and acessible) bands of the 90's. Synthetizers with bass and aggressive vocals by the best frontman alive. It's a shame people still compare them to RHCP because of The Real Thing, they're much better than that.

Great band. Caught them a few years ago and it was a shitload of fun.

Comparisons to RHCP is stupid, whilst RHCP themselves haven't done anything decent in decades. Overrated band imho.

Blind Melon is another great 90s band that was seriously underrated & innovative, sadly the song that brought them success kinda fucked things up for them too. Blind Melon, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana, good times being a teenager then with that stuff plastered everywhere.

Comparisons to RHCP is stupid, whilst RHCP themselves haven't done anything decent in decades. Overrated band imho.

Blind Melon is another great 90s band that was seriously underrated & innovative, sadly the song that brought them success kinda fucked things up for them too. Blind Melon, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana, good times being a teenager then with that stuff plastered everywhere.

i really like stadium arcadium and everything with john before that. im with you was pretty disappointing though. great ideas on it with poor execution (especially with the guitars)

i really like stadium arcadium and everything with john before that. im with you was pretty disappointing though. great ideas on it with poor execution (especially with the guitars)

I've always been a strong believer that John was an essential part of the RHCP and he played an integral part in turning their music from just being good tracks into magical moments.

Other than "Pea", I was not a fan of One Hot Minute either.

Comparing them to RHCP is weird. The only similarities are the slap bass and rapped vocals in the early days.

Patton is miles ahead of Kiedis in the talent department.

Patton clearly has a wider vocal range than Kiedis. But like you said, they can't properly be compared. All in all, I enjoying the RHCP quite a bit more.

Doesn't change the fact that Patton's voice is amazing though.

Saw FNM at Brixton Academy July 2012. Amazing show. Whole stage covered in white sheets and flowers (I was at the front and they smelled beautiful :) ). Then the band comes on, all dressed in white, have a heavy jam, then the keyboard player starts playing Tom Jones' Delilah. On walks Patton, in a white suit and a white panama hat, and he sings the first verse and chorus of Delilah.

What a show.

Also, check out Patton's album of Italian '60s/'70s pop covers, Mondo Cane.

"What do you want from christmas? How's about a baaaaad trip? Oh, c'mon live a little!" - Patton, introducing Jizzlobber live.

Tomahawk last one was awesome. Stone Letter, South Paw, Odd Fellows, Black Hats.

I'd go for Angel Dust first, if you don't like it maybe you should join Korn.

Saw FNM at Brixton Academy July 2012. Amazing show. Whole stage covered in white sheets and flowers (I was at the front and they smelled beautiful :) ). Then the band comes on, all dressed in white, have a heavy jam, then the keyboard player starts playing Tom Jones' Delilah. On walks Patton, in a white suit and a white panama hat, and he sings the first verse and chorus of Delilah.

What a show.

I was at that show too! Also went to the Hammersmith Apollo show and a few years back the Pukkelpop show.

One of the best live acts I've seen!

What a show.

I was at that show too! Also went to the Hammersmith Apollo show and a few years back the Pukkelpop show.

One of the best live acts I've seen!

It was a great show (I went the 2nd night, 10th July I think), my only disappointment was them not playing The Real Thing. There were a couple of girls at the front who'd seen them 7 or 8 times, they said they'd only seen it once, I was surprised it's not a staple.