Would you like the Old lineup and New lineup to play a world tour.

batman007

I for one, don't care about a reunion. But if this was the only way the old lineup would ever perform. Would you guys like or hate the idea of the current lineup and the AFD lineup to to do a world tour together? This is how it would work. The AFD lineup plays all AFD and UYI songs. And the current plays CD, and new songs. On some songs you would get the current lineup to play the old stuff. I for one wouldn't mind! I am a GNR fan of all eras. Even if Axl still hated Slash and didn't interact with him at all through the concert, that would be fine with me. Would never happen, just for discussion.

Edited by batman007

I'm not against it, but if Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Matt are on tour with Guns N Roses, they better be playing the whole fucking show and be in the spotlight the entire time. It may be unfair, and again I like people like Bumble and Fortus and everything, but its been way too long since the old guys played GNR with Axl. If they weren't up there the entire time or being the centerpieces of every song, it just wouldn't be worth it this late in the game. Better than nothing, but it would be a huge disappointment.

No

would be cool but for me it seems like Axl is only original member with fire anymore. The others dont move a whole lot but id like to see old lineup to just see them.

Lolwut?

Axl is only a shadow of his former self...

The other (old) members doin' well (maybe except Steven)

ahh no Axl is still kickin ass, running around like he is twenty and he sounds great

Axl's not running around like he used to, he mainly walks around and dances etc... which is fine. He looks great on stage, still is the most charismatic frontman in the world, and sounds good too.

I'd love to see any opportunity for all the guys to play together, from any era. The new GnR boys know they are in company of legends when there has been AFD alumni like Izzy on the stage with them, you can see the new guys respect them immensely for what they have done. :)

I wouldn't mind it, call it The Guns N Roses Rock N Roll Circus Tour.

Jungle, Easy, Brownstone, SCOM, RQ - Adler, Duff, Izzy, Slash, Axl.

Civil War, You Could Be Mine, Heaven's Door, Live N Let Die - Dizzy, Matt, Duff, Izzy, Slash, Axl.

Izzy could do a set of 14 Years, Think About You, Used to Love, Patience - the band could be Frank, Stinson, Fortus, Izzy, Dizzy, Axl for this part of the show.

Then Ron, Dj & Pitman could come on for Don't Cry, Nov Rain, Estranged, Chinese Democracy, Better, Street Of Dreams, If The World, Madagascar, This I Love.

Everyone comes back out for Nightrain, Whole Lotta Rosie, Move to the City, Paradise City.

• Like 1

No

would be cool but for me it seems like Axl is only original member with fire anymore. The others dont move a whole lot but id like to see old lineup to just see them.

Lolwut?

Axl is only a shadow of his former self...

The other (old) members doin' well (maybe except Steven)

ahh no Axl is still kickin ass, running around like he is twenty and he sounds great

What crack are you smoking brah

...implying Axl would be able to handle two sets a night in his condition.

Either the old band reforms, and it sucks, or Axl's band keeps doing what it's been doing, and it sucks.

OR Axl takes performing seriously, does what any other professional multi-platinum recording artist does and gets his ass in shape for a tour with a band, any band, and everybody wins.

there is no "old" and "new" line-up, such things don't exist, it's pure fantasy.

there's only guns n'roses (1985-1996) and axl's solo band

i don't see why they would tour together, it would be completely absurd

Edited by Mao5

Either the old band reforms, and it sucks, or Axl's band keeps doing what it's been doing, and it sucks.

OR Axl takes performing seriously, does what any other professional multi-platinum recording artist does and gets his ass in shape for a tour with a band, any band, and everybody wins.

There's no way Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven/Matt would suck. They've played together way too many times since to prove that.

Only Axl could fuck things up on a royal basis.

There's no way Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven/Matt would suck. They've played together way too many times since to prove that.

Only Axl could fuck things up on a royal basis.

It would be amazing if the whole band finally worked everything out. The magic was back, the original band was going back out on the road, it was gonna be amazing. They take the stage, Slash steps up to the mic and just yells "C'mon Mickey!"

Honestly if I am getting to see Axl up there with Slash, Izzy, Duff, etc. that would completely dissolve any interest I would really have in seeing the current lineup

I would be thinking "they could have just cut the current lineup and extended the set of the AFD band".

Of course this is implying that if this concert were to happen Axl doesn't Mickey it all up

Truth is that for like 90% of Gn'R fans out there the only member really needed to have a reunion going on is Slash,,, No one else really matters in the public eye perspective. I'm pretty sure Slash would bring out the best of Axl on stage and their legendary chemistry would still be there. But since it ain't gonna happen anyways....

Edited by trqster

GN'R 1985 - 2007 is history

The Current Band has great potential to create new music. I prefer new music with the current band.

I don't want a Reunion, because Mickey Mouse would destroy the Magic of Classic GN'R (85 - 90). I can't imagine

As long as the classic lineup played first, I'd be fine with it, cuz I'd just leave at the end of that set.

Seriously, though, I wouldn't want any kind of reunion unless Axl got his shit together. Every time I imagine the classic lineup, I still think of Axl as the beast he used to be. I don't need to see him butchering GNR songs with the real band, ruining my image of GNR further.

Honestly.... absolutely NOT. I don't give a flying fuck about the old and new combining. I know some would love it but to me... in MY opinion I think it'd be one of the dumbest most ridiculous things I have ever seen, not only in music but in life.