Was Going Down really a good song?

Young_Gun

Boring, generic, sounds like its made for radio, didn't even listen to it all the way through, no Axl on lead vocals.

Compare to when I first heard IRS which was way too cool of a find for a demo and I liked it that much that I made sure to never listen to another CD demo and spoil the album for myself before it came out.

So what's wrong with being made for radio? Just curious..I know nobody wants to be a "sell out", but keep in mind, it's radio that made you fall in love with gnr in the first place..I hate that "sounds too radio friendly"/sellout excuse..

Just listen to the song..give it a real chance, and if you like it, you like it...Puting labels on music for being too radio friendly is ridiculous though..

• Like 1

All I know is last week I totally forgot I had it.

I listen to it a few times a week and think its great. You must spend a bit of time on reddit, right?

Huh, reddit? No, not really.

Been too busy listening to other new music.

Usually when a GNR song leaked I didn't listen to anything *BUT* that song for a long time. Sort of crazy but true.

I certainly didn't forget "Better" a few weeks after I first listened to it.

i love it. great guitar work, i think the riffing in the chorus sounds really uyi slash ish and all the lead guitar is really great. excellent song, really hope to hear a polished non demo version

Agree with essentially everything you said. Song doesn't sound mastered, would like a fully done version. The chorus riffing is to me, the most GNR thing that GNR has put out since the UYI albums.

Guest Lethalis

It's an ok song.

I don't like it as much as I did at first, but it's not bad either.

I want Dust N Bones, Back Off Bitch, You're Crazy, Don't Cry, et cetera. I'm stuck in that era. I don't listen to CD anymore, only AFD and UYI. Sorry Axl and co :P

Boring, generic, sounds like its made for radio, didn't even listen to it all the way through, no Axl on lead vocals.

Compare to when I first heard IRS which was way too cool of a find for a demo and I liked it that much that I made sure to never listen to another CD demo and spoil the album for myself before it came out.

So what's wrong with being made for radio? Just curious..I know nobody wants to be a "sell out", but keep in mind, it's radio that made you fall in love with gnr in the first place..I hate that "sounds too radio friendly"/sellout excuse..

Just listen to the song..give it a real chance, and if you like it, you like it...Puting labels on music for being too radio friendly is ridiculous though..

Haha I don't mean it like I'm some anti establishment wanker it's just that the production has that really meh kinda feel to it.

Bottom line of there's a new GNR song I want Axl on vocals.

I liked One Man Mutiny a whole, whole lot, so it's not anti Tommy-bias or no Axl bias. I'd gladly have heard One Man Mutiny at any GNR show I was at.

Maybe I'm just not ready to dig it. I don't know.

Same here. I love the entire One Man Mutiny album and I still can't seem to like Going Down.

I listen to it a few times a week and think its great. You must spend a bit of time on reddit, right?

Huh, reddit? No, not really.

Been too busy listening to other new music.

Usually when a GNR song leaked I didn't listen to anything *BUT* that song for a long time. Sort of crazy but true.

I certainly didn't forget "Better" a few weeks after I first listened to it.

I feel similar. When other leaks from CD came out they were incredible and I couldn't leave them alone. I forgot all about Going Down. Listened once or twice and don't care for it.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked One Man Mutiny a whole, whole lot, so it's not anti Tommy-bias or no Axl bias. I'd gladly have heard One Man Mutiny at any GNR show I was at.

Maybe I'm just not ready to dig it. I don't know.

Same here. I love the entire One Man Mutiny album and I still can't seem to like Going Down.

Bumped for wfuckinga:

Nothing about the song stands out to me. I listened to it a couple times when it leaked and not much after. Nothing makes me want to listen to it again and I couldn't see it being a hit at all.

Nah the solo is fucking garbage. It adds nothing to the song and in fact takes away from the song. It's completely out of place with the style and tempo of the song. It sucks. A stupid solo for the sake of a solo that adds nothing of value to the song.

It's a good song. But I only really listened to it for about ten days. Haven't clicked the file since.

Nowhere near as interesting as anything on "Chinese Democracy".