Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Beneath the Savage Sun kicks major ass. I just wish it had a singer with some venom in his voice......... that's how I feel about the entire album. Slash's gritty riffs and GnResque solos just don't mesh with Myles in my opinion. It's like instead of piss n' vinegar it's like piss n' apple juice

Beneath the Savage Sun kicks major ass. I just wish it had a singer with some venom in his voice......... that's how I feel about the entire album. Slash's gritty riffs and GnResque solos just don't mesh with Myles in my opinion. It's like instead of piss n' vinegar it's like piss n' apple juice

And he almost had the exact opposite in VR, a frontman, a performer, with a chip on his shoulder and a ton of attitude/personality, but no vocal range to speak of.

People bring up guys like Josh Todd as well, but if you get someone like that, you can't do the GNR songs live anymore because they won't be able to hit those notes.

• Like 1

Well i don't know if you guys know that but Conspirators are working on the next album in April. i mean they're supposed to write new music for the next Conspirators album.
They told me maybe 2017 for the release. This means 2016 full of Alter bridge for Myles and a new Slasher Film for Slash !

• Like 2

Pretty much. Alter Bridge tried to put Cry of Achilles, a 6:30 min. song that's not really a standard radio song, as a single, which we, the AB fans, wanted them to do, and it did not really do well. it peaked around 25-20 on the active rock charts (a somewhat lack of promotion kinda hurt as well) whereas the catchier, straight-forward, four min. high-energy singles gets them to at least top five.

I do think Beneath the Savage Sun could work as a single, but they will probably cut a lot of the bridge for radio. Very catchy chorus.

Edited by Anguyen92

• 10 months later...

I just listened to the whole album for the first time in probably 6 months and realized how freakin' good Iris Of The Storm is!
I have previously just disregarded it as a filler together with Avalon and Dirty Girl but as soon as the first verse kicked in this time I felt something different, yeah sure I'm not really a fan of the intro riff but the rest is really good!
The verses has got a epic feeling to it and I really feel that every member in the band get's to shine during them, the chorus is also really, really good but I feel that the verses are what makes this song so cool! :headbang:

I felt that it was better to revive this thread instead of creating a new one for this post ;)

• Like 1