Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Anyone who think this even comes close to Chinese Democracy is retarded but this is still a great effort by Slash and co

Who said that? Who is comparing World on Fire to that shit record called Chinese Democracy? I must've missed that post.

Ι prefer Chinese Democracy...

Good for you. I think Chinese Democracy is shit.

Even if you say, Chinese is a bad listen for you, is this really a better alternative, stock riffs and cheesy songs. Slash used to be a Snake with licks that carried venom, they bit hard. You could just tell, nowadays the only good thing about slash's music is his guitar, nothing else matters. lets just write min compositions for max guitar spotlights...yeah thats really what we get...with Slash 2010 it wasn't like that!! The songs were actually decent and hey it had a lot of vocal variation other what we get here...what we get here is a lame product, not a work of art. I say screw slash if he wants sell out this much and not even write a single good song for a long album like this.

Edited by SuperBlaine

Anyone who think this even comes close to Chinese Democracy is retarded but this is still a great effort by Slash and co

Who said that? Who is comparing World on Fire to that shit record called Chinese Democracy? I must've missed that post.

Even if you say, Chinese is a bad listen for you, is this really a better alternative, stock riffs and cheesy songs. Slash used to be a Snake with licks that carried venom, they bit hard. You could just tell, nowadays the only good thing about slash's music is his guitar, nothing else matters. lets just write min compositions for max guitar spotlights...yeah thats really what we get...with Slash 2010 it wasn't like that!! The songs were actually decent and hey it had a lot of vocal variation other what we get here...what we get here is a lame product, not a work of art. I say screw slash if he wants sell out this much and not even write a single good song for a long album like this.

Too me there are thirteen good tracks on this album including some killers!

:shrugs:

I only understood half of what you were trying to say.

I enjoy Slash's music, I don't think it's spectacular but it's good and I've found more than a couple good tunes in this last record. If you didn't, and you were disappointed, I completely understand. Maybe the next record will be for you, or maybe it won't. That said, even if I found Slash's music to be awful, I would still consider Chinese Democracy to be shit. Whatever Slash puts out, whether is good or not, doesn't affect my opinion on Axl's record. It was shit when it came out and it's still shit to me.

I can't even finish this album its so boring to my ears. Slash is just as dead as all the others these days its a pathetic album actually!. Velvet revolver's albums are masterpieces compared to this filler that GNR fans eat up like candy cause they are starved for heavy rock appetite lite. NO thanks, il spin a plethora of records that have countless more meaning than slash can possibly come up with, the lyrics are sh#t gawd awful. I take back what i said about myles kennedy, he has the range, its his terrible lyrics that bother me...Who is writing this music...some shadow label exec....Puke

Says the guy with a BBF avatar :lol::shrugs:

• Like 2

I count 15 good songs on it

Each to his own...

Each to his own...

He doesn't really think that. He said he liked some songs/solos so the Chinese Democracy is shit thing is just trolling technically.

Each to his own...

It's always been like that.

On topic: I've been enjoying 30 Years to Life recently. Todd's vocals are awesome.

Probably only Safari Inn I'll listen to long term, it's great though. No one does this kind of stuff in mainstream rock I've heard anyway.

Automatic is a fun track but maybe Myles doesn't sell it very well.

Safari Inn is the Anastasia (solo wise, not as a song) of the album. Slash proves again he still has the ability to connect those notes in that Slash way. Always at least 1 tune in every album that you can go: "ah yeah there it is. That's Slash when he's in beast mode" for this album, he did the Too Far Gone solo, Wicked Stone's twin solos, and Safari Inn, in which it sounds like he was channeling the old Slash spirit for a few minutes there. Liked it from first listen, but also thought it sounded like Watch This and had the same old Slash licks, but it sounded cool.

Now I agree it's a classic. It goes on to another gear when you think Slash played his peak note crazy bend, he continues to use the momentum of his playing, always knowing by instinct where to play on the neck. It's a very pleasant listen. It's a keeper for sure. Now use that in a song. And think about what Axl could have done with years of access to that kind of talent if Slash was still in Guns.

Edited by Rovim

Finally got around to listening to the whole record. I was pretty "meh" on the first half, as it sounded pretty "Apocalyptic Love II." That latter half however was quite good.

Pretty much the opposite of my opinion.

That's why I'd never say an album is to long.

I disagree, I think cutting 5-6 songs would make this album a far better and less monotonous listen.

Finally got around to listening to the whole record. I was pretty "meh" on the first half, as it sounded pretty "Apocalyptic Love II." That latter half however was quite good.

I disagree, I think cutting 5-6 songs would make this album a far better and less monotonous listen.

But we get a Slash album only once every 2 years. This way, there is a higher chance of overall weakness, but the upside is with this album and it's 17 tracks that everyone seems to prefer different tunes from it. If you cut one now for example, I think it's likely someone will be butthurt about it.

Didn't connect at all to AL, but this album is more interesting to me and I like all of it as a whole. I mainly care about the riffs and solos and Slash licks and this album delivers what we always knew Slash promised. It's gonna stay close to blusey rock, but you're always going to get amazing guitar playing. Shame it can't come in a more profound way, like how every Illusion solo was perfect and timeless. It's not like that anymore and it's not attached to really good songs, but in the riff department all is well and better quality of solos is good news.

• Like 1

Love the album. There is only one or two songs that I would cut.

Is this your take after listening the whole record once? If that is the case your opinion doesn't hold much water. This is a true album and there is alot to digest. I would consider this album a "grower" which often turn out to be the best ones.

I am not saying this about you, but I find it comical when people listen to a song or album once and then spew their opinion on the internet. I mean some of my all time favorite songs and albums are ones that didn't jump out at me right away. That song you never really cared for on an album, then one day you are suddenly find yourself rocking the fuck out to it.

That is just the way the world is these days though. Sad really..

But we get a Slash album only once every 2 years. This way, there is a higher chance of overall weakness, but the upside is with this album and it's 17 tracks that everyone seems to prefer different tunes from it. If you cut one now for example, I think it's likely someone will be butthurt about it.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. TeeJay would cut 5-6 songs. Most of them from the first half of the album. If I was to cut anything, I would cut 2-3 songs from the second half. There isn't any particular song that can be called filler because there are to many different opinions about them

• Like 1