Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

I've been listening to it on repeat for the past couple days. I can pretty much do without tracks 2-5. It had the same problem as apocalyptic love. Dad rock with Myles Kemmedy singing. Songs where Slash branches out more are awesome. Myles does pretty much ruin the whole thing for me. Though to his credit, The Dissident is a catchy tune. Safari Inn is outstanding. Slash's playing is only getting better in my opinion, but his songwriting is about the same or worse and Myles doesn't help. Dirty girl is awful too.

Sorry, sort of a stream of conscious review.

I say add tracks to it! :headbang:

Tbh... if I had to change anything on WOF, it would be the outro of Wicked Stone. I would make it more than 2 minutes longer to fill the empty space on the disk. Just the instrumental part. It's so freaking awesome.

Fucking right

I've been listening to it on repeat for the past couple days. I can pretty much do without tracks 2-5. It had the same problem as apocalyptic love. Dad rock with Myles Kemmedy singing. Songs where Slash branches out more are awesome. Myles does pretty much ruin the whole thing for me. Though to his credit, The Dissident is a catchy tune. Safari Inn is outstanding. Slash's playing is only getting better in my opinion, but his songwriting is about the same or worse and Myles doesn't help. Dirty girl is awful too.

Sorry, sort of a stream of conscious review.

Totally fine that you didn't like them. That's not the problem. Just trying to argue why this album shouldn't be shorter. If you dislike some songs it's easy to skip them. Or do a copy without them. The opposite isn't that easy dude ;)

Probably only Safari Inn I'll listen to long term, it's great though. No one does this kind of stuff in mainstream rock I've heard anyway.

Automatic is a fun track but maybe Myles doesn't sell it very well.

Safari Inn is the Anastasia (solo wise, not as a song) of the album. Slash proves again he still has the ability to connect those notes in that Slash way. Always at least 1 tune in every album that you can go: "ah yeah there it is. That's Slash when he's in beast mode" for this album, he did the Too Far Gone solo, Wicked Stone's twin solos, and Safari Inn, in which it sounds like he was channeling the old Slash spirit for a few minutes there. Liked it from first listen, but also thought it sounded like Watch This and had the same old Slash licks, but it sounded cool.

Now I agree it's a classic. It goes on to another gear when you think Slash played his peak note crazy bend, he continues to use the momentum of his playing, always knowing by instinct where to play on the neck. It's a very pleasant listen. It's a keeper for sure. Now use that in a song. And think about what Axl could have done with years of access to that kind of talent if Slash was still in Guns.

On something like TIL it could have taken it further. SOD, TWAT, Catcher maybe but Axl might have to settle for 2 takes and out. With Slash label has no problem and so it would have been ready by 97? Slash contributing Fall to Pieces and Slither he had in his back pocket so use them to subdue the 80s hair metal vampires. Slip TIL in as the 3rd single when everyone has passed out. Maybe Shuffle it All 4th single when they out playing Targets around the US. black n white road movie video. I see it all clearly. Nostalgia Golgotha is a state of crucified past.
  • Like 1

Probably only Safari Inn I'll listen to long term, it's great though. No one does this kind of stuff in mainstream rock I've heard anyway.

Safari Inn is the Anastasia (solo wise, not as a song) of the album. Slash proves again he still has the ability to connect those notes in that Slash way. Always at least 1 tune in every album that you can go: "ah yeah there it is. That's Slash when he's in beast mode" for this album, he did the Too Far Gone solo, Wicked Stone's twin solos, and Safari Inn, in which it sounds like he was channeling the old Slash spirit for a few minutes there. Liked it from first listen, but also thought it sounded like Watch This and had the same old Slash licks, but it sounded cool.

Now I agree it's a classic. It goes on to another gear when you think Slash played his peak note crazy bend, he continues to use the momentum of his playing, always knowing by instinct where to play on the neck. It's a very pleasant listen. It's a keeper for sure. Now use that in a song. And think about what Axl could have done with years of access to that kind of talent if Slash was still in Guns.

I thought of the unholy as this albums Anastasia

Wicked Stone to me. So basically we've got three Anastasias on this album. ;)

3 is better than 1

Annatasia is overrated. It kind of goes nowhere, same as Unholy. They are okay for a couple of minutes but they get repetitive and by the end it's like is that it? Maybe that's just more commercial. Solid album tracks but considering they could go Safari Inn it's like wasted opportunity.

On something like TIL it could have taken it further. SOD, TWAT, Catcher maybe but Axl might have to settle for 2 takes and out. With Slash label has no problem and so it would have been ready by 97? Slash contributing Fall to Pieces and Slither he had in his back pocket so use them to subdue the 80s hair metal vampires. Slip TIL in as the 3rd single when everyone has passed out. Maybe Shuffle it All 4th single when they out playing Targets around the US. black n white road movie video. I see it all clearly. Nostalgia Golgotha is a state of crucified past.

"I promise not to be late as shit to every show and delay albums" "cool, I promise not to be a close minded retard in the studio and record more then 2 takes cause I won't be lazy as fuck".

But Axl is insane and Slash won't apologize ever lol.

Edited by Rovim

I love the twin tones he uses on the 1st solo in wicked stone.

Annatasia is overrated. It kind of goes nowhere, same as Unholy. They are okay for a couple of minutes but they get repetitive and by the end it's like is that it? Maybe that's just more commercial. Solid album tracks but considering they could go Safari Inn it's like wasted opportunity.

Couldn't disagree more. Knowing what the unholy is about makes it all the more epic; and Anastasia is a beast live. If you want to talk about songs not going anywhere, listen to Chinese Democracy. TWAT drones on for about 3 minutes with axl whining how he would do anything for stephanie 20 years after the fact she left his ass. Talk about a song not going anywhere.

I doubt any of these songs will be classics. I feel like TWAT does with the solos, the choir, it escalates to a finale. Axl is good at that. Anatasia is like Ghost 2 the ballad. It just keeps repeating what is a decent chorus. I feel No More Heroes is better. It builds to the solo, ebbs and flows.

Not that big a deal, just how I see Anatasia, I'm surprised people think its so good. I keep listening to it because it gets a lot of mentions. I will continue to listen to it.

To me Slither and Fall to Pieces are the modern classics. They would go on my post UYI GNR related playlist for sure.

The guitar work is up there with 'Estranged'.

Maybe but it's nowhere as well put together. This is hardly debateable. It seems kind of repetitive, after 4 mins it's still going Anatasia, Anatasia. It just doesn't give me many images. There's just hardly anything there and people are like it's a modern classic. We in deep trouble if this is classic track of the era.

I doubt any of these songs will be classics. I feel like TWAT does with the solos, the choir, it escalates to a finale. Axl is good at that. Anatasia is like Ghost 2 the ballad. It just keeps repeating what is a decent chorus. I feel No More Heroes is better. It builds to the solo, ebbs and flows.

Not that big a deal, just how I see Anatasia, I'm surprised people think its so good. I keep listening to it because it gets a lot of mentions. I will continue to listen to it.

To me Slither and Fall to Pieces are the modern classics. They would go on my post UYI GNR related playlist for sure.

Dude, the solo and vocal outro to TWAT goes on for 3 minutes sing and playing the same lines. "I would do anything for you, there was a time" repeat 250x's

I'd say Slash has more modern classics than axl does since they split; by miles