Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Hm, both Robert John and Katarina Benzova need to go easy on the HDR, that would've been a much better photo otherwise.

I agree. I don't know anything about photography and don't know what HDR is, but they don't even look real to me, especially Slash. If it was more natural, it would have been an great photo.

You can see more examples of shitty HDR here: http://www.reddit.com/r/shittyhdr

Whenever I think of shitty HDR, I think of that awful DJ photo:

MY EYES

I was thinking the same, but I didn't dare to mention his name in this thread :lol: That Dustin Jack guy made many horrible pictures of DJ.

Maybe, because judging by the posts, this one has grabbed people a good bit more than AL did.

Oh totally. I can't stop listening. It's not as good as Guns, but it's very good. I love it. Next one will be even better. I have a dream.

What guns r u referring to? For me it's way better than Chinese Democracy

Take your pick.

AFD and UYI lineups -- WoF is not as good as guns

anything done with any lineup after that -- WoF is way better than anything they've ever done

Prove it.

Sorry dude. My opinion only. I should type that disclaimer that all my mother fucking posts are my fucking opinion only just so there's no fucking confusion.

Edited by jmapelian

Maybe, because judging by the posts, this one has grabbed people a good bit more than AL did.

Oh totally. I can't stop listening. It's not as good as Guns, but it's very good. I love it. Next one will be even better. I have a dream.

What guns r u referring to? For me it's way better than Chinese Democracy

Take your pick.

AFD and UYI lineups -- WoF is not as good as guns

anything done with any lineup after that -- WoF is way better than anything they've ever done

Prove it.

Sorry dude. My opinion only. I should type that disclaimer that all my mother fucking posts are my fucking opinion only just so there's no fucking confusion.

Prove it.

Hm, both Robert John and Katarina Benzova need to go easy on the HDR, that would've been a much better photo otherwise.

I agree. I don't know anything about photography and don't know what HDR is, but they don't even look real to me, especially Slash. If it was more natural, it would have been an great photo.

You can see more examples of shitty HDR here: http://www.reddit.com/r/shittyhdr

Whenever I think of shitty HDR, I think of that awful DJ photo:

1794580_10151993306847475_528460279_n.jp

MY EYES

What the fuck is that?! God doesn't give with both hands is defined by Guns N' Roses.

I've listened to the whole album and it's a very good and very solid rock record.

I've never been a huge fan of his solo work (I loved Snakepit and VR), and I really intensely dislike Myles vocals, but the riffing and solo'ing is great. Better than on his previous effort I'd say.

I was talking to a friend this weekend who told me without blinking "Myles is the new Axl Rose, get over it"... I did not know where to begin...

Myles, as talented as he is, lacks the raw power Axl had before 92 (I don't wanna talk about the post-breakup Axl in this thread) and his voice is very generic. He may have a 4 octaves range, he sounds to me like all the new generation of singers like Mitchell from Sixx A.M., Daughtry or even the singer from Creed. Great vocal range, lots of emotions, but (in my opinion) lacks from personality and power.

Back on topic, I have the same problem with all Slash's solo records, I get bored after the first 10 songs, but I agree that there are almost no weak songs on it. Very strong record.

Anyone who think this even comes close to Chinese Democracy is retarded but this is still a great effort by Slash and co

well than sign me up for the short bus and special ed classes; because WoF blows CD away

I've listened to the whole album and it's a very good and very solid rock record.

I've never been a huge fan of his solo work (I loved Snakepit and VR), and I really intensely dislike Myles vocals, but the riffing and solo'ing is great. Better than on his previous effort I'd say.

I was talking to a friend this weekend who told me without blinking "Myles is the new Axl Rose, get over it"... I did not know where to begin...

Myles, as talented as he is, lacks the raw power Axl had before 92 (I don't wanna talk about the post-breakup Axl in this thread) and his voice is very generic. He may have a 4 octaves range, he sounds to me like all the new generation of singers like Mitchell from Sixx A.M., Daughtry or even the singer from Creed. Great vocal range, lots of emotions, but (in my opinion) lacks from personality and power.

Back on topic, I have the same problem with all Slash's solo records, I get bored after the first 10 songs, but I agree that there are almost no weak songs on it. Very strong record.

Again, we have to stop comparing 2014 Myles to 1987-1991 Axl Rose. STOP ALREADY.

And not for anything, Myles is way more consistent in his live performances than Axl was EVER, even in his short prime

Anyone who think this even comes close to Chinese Democracy is retarded but this is still a great effort by Slash and co

well than sign me up for the short bus and special ed classes; because WoF blows CD away

Again, we have to stop comparing 2014 Myles to 1987-1991 Axl Rose. STOP ALREADY.

And not for anything, Myles is w more consistent in his live performances than Axl was EVER, even in his short prime

It's pretty easy to consistently wreak of shit like Myles. Though not even close to the same level of suckassiness, Axl's been doing a pretty damn good job of nailing it himself since '11. Can't be hard at all.

Axl sounds like he should be singing the theme song to mickey mouse, dude, get a grip on your trolling self.

Only cupcake here is you, and you suck at it to be quite honest.

If all you can do is bash Myles on a thread about his new album, yes, that's trolling. Axl fans call me a cupcake as well all the time for the same reasons. I think it's fair.

Serious question. Why is this considered Slash's 3rd album? Why don't the Snakepit albums count? Apoc Love and this one are really more of a "band" effort. Slash's 2010 album is legit solo (imo) and that's my fave of these 3. I wish he made another like it.

Axl sounds like he should be singing the theme song to mickey mouse, dude, get a grip on your trolling self.

If all you can do is bash Myles on a thread about his new album, yes, that's trolling. Axl fans call me a cupcake as well all the time for the same reasons. I think it's fair.

Where have I accused you of being a cupcake ever? You're even worse than jmapelian at it if you are. I always thought you were just sharing your opinion, no matter how misguided that opinion may be.

Where have I accused you of being a cupcake ever? You're even worse than jmapelian at it if you are. I always thought you were just sharing your opinion, no matter how misguided that opinion may be.

I said Axl fans, not you.

I said Axl fans, not you.

Fuck them. I'm going to post my opinion and if people get butthurt about it it's their problem to deal with. Nothing to do with trolling.
  • Like 2

Man, how I would have loved a Slash + Dio song. It would have been incredible. You guys do know that Slash and Axl WILL perform together sometime in the future? It's inevitable. Just like Roger Waters and David Gilmore. Will be in some Live Aid concert or something similar. Believe it. On topic though, I have finally decided that I prefer Wicked Stone and The Unholy over Anastasia :o

Man, how I would have loved a Slash + Dio song. It would have been incredible. You guys do know that Slash and Axl WILL perform together sometime in the future? It's inevitable. Just like Roger Waters and David Gilmore. Will be in some Live Aid concert or something similar. Believe it. On topic though, I have finally decided that I prefer Wicked Stone and The Unholy over Anastasia :o

It will never happen. You need to deal with that. Axl can still do a good job in the studio with his vocals. Slash can still play live but now we've got Myles so we need to deal with that as well. Axl and Slash don't even like to make the same kind of music anymore and they're still childish as shit after all this time and Axl is insane as ever. People need to let go of their reunion fantasies. They must let go so we can stop talking about that dumb shit.

If you're not a fan of their solo efforts (Axl and Slash) then you're wasting your time thinking the situation between them is going to change.