Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

If Izzy replaced Frank Sidoris and handled songwriting duties this band could be fucking amazing.

Boom, there you go. Would be awesome. :thumbsup:

If Izzy had to work with a frontman again, Myles would be as easy as it gets...

For all I care, he could just co-write the rhythm guitar and let frankie tour.

If Izzy replaced Frank Sidoris and handled songwriting duties this band could be fucking amazing.

Frankie doesn't have anything to do with the writing as it is. Frankie wasn't brought in until after the writing/recording process for AL (Myles did rhythm guitars for that) and on WOF the guitars were all Slash.

I would LOVE to have Izzy in on this.. Just call it the fucking conspirators or something. Izzy was close to wanting to do the VR thing, he just didn't want to deal with a singer. I agree that if there is a singer out there he could deal with, it would be Myles. Hell, who knows.. He may even enjoy touring with this band. This would be a dream come true for me..

The Slash/Izzy combo is my favorite guitar team of all time.. Their chemistry is unmatched IMO.. They just bring out the best in eachother. There styles are different but mesh incredibly well.

Izzy could pen some lyrics and sing a couple songs as well..

• Like 1

I did a transcript of the chat Slash got w/ fans this morning in Sidney, check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/slash-france/slash-qa-live-from-the-chatcave-complete-transcript-20102014/10152480830794075

xJLEITEx : Any songs off world on fire that you haven't played live yet that you want to?

Slash: I'm excited to play a lot of songs we haven't played yet.. but one that comes to mind is Beneath The Sabbath Sun... I think that's going to be pretty epic..

Hope he plays this in Paris or London!

Hah, just noticed it says "Sabbath" Sun... :P

• Like 1

I officially like every song on this album.. Sure I like some more than others... I don't think Dissedent, Avalon and Shadows are great but they aren't bad..

New favorite is "Iris Of The Storm"... LOVE IT!! After the first couple listens I actually didn't think I was going to like that one. Man was I wrong.. Myles sounds phenominal on it too..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

Marc Chislett: Since Myles quite the accomplished guitar player. Did he have any contribution for arrangements or even parts he came up with himself for the new record, if so what ones?

Slash: Yeah, he came up with the chord changes at the end of Battleground

Interesting. I love that chord progression. Good one, Myles.

• Like 1

Frankie doesn't have anything to do with the writing as it is. Frankie wasn't brought in until after the writing/recording process for AL (Myles did rhythm guitars for that) and on WOF the guitars were all Slash.

I miss Bobby Schneck.

First Week sales:

France: 5100 copies

UK (including Fan Packs): 15 621 copies

Cool wikipedia interview

zint needs to buy that t-shirt that slash is wearing! holy shit!

I agree!

I fuckin love that shirt!

Make a MyGnR Slash Section t shirt with THAT design and I'll def buy. ^_^

When in car I tend to skip around with the tracks(safe, right? :lol:), but at home much prefer to start the album with Shadow Life and listen straight through. If not in the mood for Dirty Girl, that's my only sometimes skip.

Back to Izzy, would be incredible to have him writing and playing on the records. And then let Frank tour if Izzy isn't up for it. But wonder if including Izzy would make it more awkward for Slash not having Duff and Matt, too. Would love to see it though.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

^^ Probably. It appears that he's one of the very few acts out there that could actually do a couple of Australia shows as a single headliner and do well on them when, probably, most of the bands on the undercard of that Soundwave bill can't make good money by themselves doing their own Australia shows.

Edited by Anguyen92

At the big event sunday... He is going to play over the track. How lame.. But I guess he is getting some exposure. Gibbo, should we be looking for a Harp solo??

Lol Yeah its lame it will suit this gay NRL down too a T