Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Nobody is waiting for a new Myles/Slash album.

Slash needs to give Scott a call and reform VR.

I am waiting for it..

I would be on board with VR is they let Slash be Slash like he is on his solo albums.. Slash is a lead guitarist and he was held back in VR from sounding like himself..

I really like VR but there was just too much of a concious effort not to sound like GnR because that is what Scott wanted.

And the Slash/Myles shows blow away VR shows. I want to see the long jams, extended solos and a good helping of GnR songs.. Didn't get that with VR.

Nobody is waiting for a new Myles/Slash album.

Slash needs to give Scott a call and reform VR.

I am waiting for it..

I would be on board with VR is they let Slash be Slash like he is on his solo albums.. Slash is a lead guitarist and he was held back in VR from sounding like himself..

I really like VR but there was just too much of a concious effort not to sound like GnR because that is what Scott wanted.

And the Slash/Myles shows blow away VR shows. I want to see the long jams, extended solos and a good helping of GnR songs.. Didn't get that with VR.

Yea, I prefer slash/myles to VR for all those reasons - would be nice if myles would just say fuck and front them as well - and replace dave w either gilby or izzy for that matter (no offense dave)

Pretty surprised there isn't a thread for this as production has started on it.

So far we know it has a projected release date of Spring 2014 and will be the second record released under "Slash ft. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators" I know a lot of you are on the fence with Myles but I personally think he is a great fit for Slash in the studio and in a live setting. Love the whole band, loved Apocalyptic Love, and am really looking forward to this :headbang:

I'll update the thread as more information comes out this year/ early next year.

Some official facebook updates from the dude-

"Managed to get 10 out of 11 songs in yesterday. Its sounding pretty damn good. The last jam we forgot to play. Time to make a list. iiii]; )'"

"Day 7 today of pre pro. Got a lot of really great work done thus far. iiii]; )'"

God, that smiley he uses is gay :lol:

Can't wait.. :thumbsup:

I'll buy this, and the new GNR album (pffft) and anything by STP...

Fucked if I know why any fan who isn't personally related to band members needs to take sides.

Glad I'm not the only one. I even own the Gilby Clarke stuff, the Outpatience stuff, Angel Down, Village Gorilla Head, the new STP, etc. etc. etc.

Yea, I prefer slash/myles to VR for all those reasons - would be nice if myles would just say fuck and front them as well - and replace dave w either gilby or izzy for that matter (no offense dave)

I think there are alot of people that would kill to see Slash and Izzy work together again. Even if it was one tour and album. Hell even if it was just a tour. The chemistry and sound between those two is unmatched.

Edited by Tom-Ass

And I like that Slash pulls songs from all his eras for the live shows now, there's not that many singers other than Myles that can pull off all the different vocal styles. There might not be anyone else.

Myles can't either.

As for the album, I expect something similar to Apocalyptic Love: 3 or so good songs and some passable stuff for the rest of the record.

As his entire career shows (Mayfield Four, Alter Bridge, Slash) Myles Kennedy can come up with some good stuff occasionally but simply doesn't have enough songwriting talent to carry a quality album.

And I like that Slash pulls songs from all his eras for the live shows now, there's not that many singers other than Myles that can pull off all the different vocal styles. There might not be anyone else.

Myles can't either.

If he can't, nobody can.

Edited by moreblack

Myles can't either.

If he can't, nobody can.

Mike Patton? Corey Taylor? Mark Wahlberg. ;)

Edited by Rovim

Myles can't either.

If he can't, nobody can.

Mike Patton? Corey Taylor? Mark Wahlberg. ;)

None of the above rovim

I'll buy this, and the new GNR album (pffft) and anything by STP...

Fucked if I know why any fan who isn't personally related to band members needs to take sides.

It's because they are hoping someone from Team Brazil will read their Slash bashing posts and reward them with party passes

I agree with you though about taking sides.

Also,to me this isn't STP. It is more like Talk Show or Army Of Anyone so this was the first STP release in 20 years that I didn't purchase on the first day.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Myles can't either.

If he can't, nobody can.

Exactly!...Myles does a great job singing all of the different music from Slash's career...........He especially kicks ass on the VR material and in some cases I like his vocals better than Scott's..........He does a credible job on the old GnR material as well.

Everytime the haters criticize how he sings the old AFD songs I ask them who do they think could do it better and provide an example and all I get is crickets in response......................

Not these days Axl couldn't.

exactly, people compare myles to how axl sang on AFD 25 years ago, not how he sang last year

Man, I have an awesome feeling about this album

tyeah, me too, especially after hearing shit like this

ia Michael Elvis Baskette

"Another killer day of Prepro with @slashonline @myleskennedyofficial @toddkerns @brentfitz @1f_jef this record is going to be sooo good! Sounding awesome! "

I have to admit that conceptually I felt that Apocalyptic Love would be a tough act to follow but I can say with all the confidence in the world that we are more than armed and ready. Not only do I feel that the material surpasses Apocalyptic Love I think we are ten times the band we were when that album was recorded.

The material on this album is more serious and more fun at the same time which is a tough balance indeed. The songs are sleazier, tougher and more dangerous. Exactly where I feel most comfortable. We are all very excited to unleash the monster upon you as soon as we can.

We enter the studio early February and will work through the next few months. No plans as to when anything will be finished. It’ll be done when it’s done. I know we all hope to be back out on the road sooner than later but we’ll see.

The next thing I knew I was back in North Hollyweird making myself deaf with my co-Conspirators. At first just the 3 – Slash, Fitz and I…then Elvis and Jeff…and finally…Myles Kennedy.

Now we have been working these songs up since October and they are getting better and stronger every single day. By the time we press the RECORD button in February we will have carved out a nasty machine of Loud, Ugly, Beautiful, Unrelenting RAWK.

I’m excited. I only hope we live up to your high expectations. I think we are going to deliver!

Yes, I’m that confident.

Your loyal and humble servant,

Todd Dammit

ToddKerns.com/Blog
  • Like 2

I have to admit that conceptually I felt that Apocalyptic Love would be a tough act to follow but I can say with all the confidence in the world that we are more than armed and ready. Not only do I feel that the material surpasses Apocalyptic Love I think we are ten times the band we were when that album was recorded.

The material on this album is more serious and more fun at the same time which is a tough balance indeed. The songs are sleazier, tougher and more dangerous. Exactly where I feel most comfortable. We are all very excited to unleash the monster upon you as soon as we can.

We enter the studio early February and will work through the next few months. No plans as to when anything will be finished. Itll be done when its done. I know we all hope to be back out on the road sooner than later but well see.

The next thing I knew I was back in North Hollyweird making myself deaf with my co-Conspirators. At first just the 3 Slash, Fitz and Ithen Elvis and Jeffand finallyMyles Kennedy.

Now we have been working these songs up since October and they are getting better and stronger every single day. By the time we press the RECORD button in February we will have carved out a nasty machine of Loud, Ugly, Beautiful, Unrelenting RAWK.

Im excited. I only hope we live up to your high expectations. I think we are going to deliver!

Yes, Im that confident.

Todd Dammit

ToddKerns.com/Blog

I think this new producer may push slash to do push himself more than he has since the uyi albums for this new record - reading thru some of the interviews from the guys from alterbridge, he really pushed them for fortress.

^^

I hope this holds true. Because everything Slash has done since Contraband has been pretty disappointing to me. Maybe 2-4 (at best) solid songs off each of his albums since then. They tease potential, but it's never fully realized. It'd be great to hear an album full of Slithers and Anastasias, even if it means we wouldn't hear it until 2015.

As usual, I'll give it a fair shake when it comes out. Sounding promising so far. Let's hope Todd's not just blowing smoke here...

We enter the studio early February and will work through the next few months. No plans as to when anything will be finished. It’ll be done when it’s done. I know we all hope to be back out on the road sooner than later but we’ll see.

The next thing I knew I was back in North Hollyweird making myself deaf with my co-Conspirators. At first just the 3 – Slash, Fitz and I…then Elvis and Jeff…and finally…Myles Kennedy.

I’m excited. I only hope we live up to your high expectations. I think we are going to deliver!

Yes, I’m that confident.

Todd Dammit

ToddKerns.com/Blog

Sounds promising. I'm all for AL2. Just hope there's more Anastasia and less Bad Rain.