Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

The guys will start tracking today. Talked quickly to Slash yesterday, he didn't wanna tell me where the guys will record that fn' new album ! :lol:
Let's bet on Orlando, FL ! :awesomeface:

Slash: "Killer final jam tonight w/Conspirators before we hit the studio tomorrow! Everything is well oiled & ready to go. iiii]; )'"

• Like 1

I want to hear the album now.

The guys will start tracking today. Talked quickly to Slash yesterday, he didn't wanna tell me where the guys will record that fn' new album ! :lol:
Let's bet on Orlando, FL ! :awesomeface:

Slash: "Killer final jam tonight w/Conspirators before we hit the studio tomorrow! Everything is well oiled & ready to go. iiii]; )'"

I want to hear it already. Slash always has at least one or two killer tunes on every record he releases. One thing I can say about him, is that he always rocks and the band had a chance to get the first album out of the way. First pancake. Maybe this will be much better.

• Like 1

I don't know, I just have an amazing feeling about this album. Loved AL, but I just have this gut feeling that this is going to be something else.

I agree Zoso!

These guys are brothers now, this is a tight knit band.

Not only that, they've spent so much time together now, the next tour is going to be off the fuckin' chain!

If I keep my eye on one tour this year, it will be these guys.

• Like 1

Slash plays all the guitars on his albums.

Myles is definitely credited in the AL liner notes as "Vocals, Guitar." if you watch those 360 vids where they play in the studio Myles plays guitar. also, when they play Far and Away live, Myles plays the first half of song including those fills in the second verse.

Not true even if he did play A LOT of it ;)

Do you have any specifics? Not saying I don't believe you. I'm a big fan of Slash's guitar playing and I want to see if my ears correctly ID'd his rhythm vs. Myles's.

AL the song, One Last Thrill, You're A Lie, Halo, Not For Me, Hard & Fast, Shots Fired, We Will Roam, and Crazy Life sound very Slashy on the rhythm tracks. Most of AL adheres to the usual template of Slash's main rhythm guitar track panned far right, other rhythm panned far left, and lead bits at hard center.

Myles is definitely credited in the AL liner notes as "Vocals, Guitar." if you watch those 360 vids where they play in the studio Myles plays guitar. also, when they play Far and Away live, Myles plays the first half of song including those fills in the second verse.
Yeah. I watch the SLASH 360 all the time, but those videos aren't from the actual album recording.

If I had to guess, I'd say Myles plays rhythm on 'Far and Away' and the Title track, that's it.

Love Apocalyptic Love but I really hope they record the new album a bit more conventionally.

AL sounds great in the car or stereo system but I struggle with it through head phones. There are two guitar tracks for most songs with each track panned hard to one side. Most of the songs are one take with little overdubs. Slash is one guitar and Myles the other. Myles tracks are more simple chords and riffing. Slash plays most of the solos on the same take as the rest of the track hence it is Myles track only behind the solo. The solo's are not panned to the middle of the mix. When listening with headphones I find it distracting but no problems through a Sound system

Bad rain is perfect example of this.

I followed the recording of the album at the time and it was said that all the tracks except vocals and some overdubs were recorded live by the four of them in one room with Slash having his own box as seen in this clip.

Myles parts to me sound a bit generic and definately don't sound like Slash. I could pan to Slashes side and listen to it all day.

(Note not saying Myles is a bad guitar player but he plays second fiddle to Slash. In Alter Bridge he is more prominent)

Personally I would love to see him make a Sequel to Ain't life grand with Rod Jackson

Edited by Guitar Stu

Not true even if he did play A LOT of it ;)

Do you have any specifics? Not saying I don't believe you. I'm a big fan of Slash's guitar playing and I want to see if my ears correctly ID'd his rhythm vs. Myles's.

AL the song, One Last Thrill, You're A Lie, Halo, Not For Me, Hard & Fast, Shots Fired, We Will Roam, and Crazy Life sound very Slashy on the rhythm tracks. Most of AL adheres to the usual template of Slash's main rhythm guitar track panned far right, other rhythm panned far left, and lead bits at hard center.

well, to be honest about AL, i know Myles plays on it but i have no idea of the songs... :shrugs:

I know Myles is very humble about guitar playing but he can really shred like hell ! ;)