Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

There is a real vibe coming from the band that this album is the one where they have found their sound.

I'm hoping they go darker and heavier, I'm thinking 3-4 minute songs that hit like Coma or Locomotive.

I hope Myles sings in his lower regsiter becuase he's not nasaly there and sounds fucking great.

There is a lot to look forward to here!

Another Todd Kerns quote about the new album:

www.rocksongoftheday.com: You have created a bit of a splash and anticipation in the rock community by calling the new Slash album as “sleazier, tougher and more dangerous”, will Stephen Pearcy be in the studio ensuring this? I’m kidding obviously, but what can fans expect with the new album?

Kerns: Lol. Our producer did the last RATT album so it’s funny you should say that. To me Appetite For Destruction is one of the greatest albums of all time. There is a legitimacy and an authenticity to that album that is impossible to deny. I think this record is the closest Slash has come to that kind of gnarly street rock in a long time. I am perfectly comfortable in the great unwashed majesty of this kind of rock and roll.

http://www.rocksongoftheday.com/2014/02/exclusive-todd-kerns-interview-on.html

Edited by Slash2baz

Another Todd Kerns quote about the new album:

www.rocksongoftheday.com: You have created a bit of a splash and anticipation in the rock community by calling the new Slash album as sleazier, tougher and more dangerous, will Stephen Pearcy be in the studio ensuring this? Im kidding obviously, but what can fans expect with the new album?

Kerns: Lol. Our producer did the last RATT album so its funny you should say that. To me Appetite For Destruction is one of the greatest albums of all time. There is a legitimacy and an authenticity to that album that is impossible to deny. I think this record is the closest Slash has come to that kind of gnarly street rock in a long time. I am perfectly comfortable in the great unwashed majesty of this kind of rock and roll.

http://www.rocksongoftheday.com/2014/02/exclusive-todd-kerns-interview-on.html

Woa, imagine of this was true - guess we'll have to wait and see

The guys will start tracking today. Talked quickly to Slash yesterday, he didn't wanna tell me where the guys will record that fn' new album ! :lol:

Let's bet on Orlando, FL ! :awesomeface:

Slash: "Killer final jam tonight w/Conspirators before we hit the studio tomorrow! Everything is well oiled & ready to go. iiii]; )'"

are they not doing it at Barefoot anymore? What happened with that place?

The guys will start tracking today. Talked quickly to Slash yesterday, he didn't wanna tell me where the guys will record that fn' new album ! :lol:

Let's bet on Orlando, FL ! :awesomeface:

Slash: "Killer final jam tonight w/Conspirators before we hit the studio tomorrow! Everything is well oiled & ready to go. iiii]; )'"

are they not doing it at Barefoot anymore? What happened with that place?

Barefoot is Eric Valentine's studio. They decided to change producer on this album (which is a great thing); Michael Elvis Baskette has a very cool studio in Orlando but they finally ended up in L.A at NRG studio because it's a very cool place with old school machines to record stuff (tapes...).

Yesterday

2014-02-12-todd-scott.jpg

2014-02-11-slash-12-strings.jpg

2014-02-11-todd-interview.jpg