Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Cornell's voice has been on decline for some time now, no way can he touch Myles' range.

Range is not everything. Myles doesn't bring a lot to the table when it comes to other qualities imo. At least not when he's working with Slash. I'd rather have a different singer with limited range, but better songwriting abilities and chemistry with Slash.

I think there was some good magic in the air when they created Starlight and, honestly, I was hoping that AL had more songs like that. The one song that had something in the veins of Starlight was Far and Away.

As a result, I was left feeling a little disappointed with AL. Looking back now, AL had some pretty good (not great or GOAT) tracks that were showcased well in the live shows. I guess that's a good sign.

Edited by Anguyen92

The strongest songs on AL were Standing In The Sun, Anastasia and Far and Away.

The faster upbeat songs remind me of Rod Jackson era Snakepit. Good, but not great. Was hoping for more along the lines of Back From Cali.

Bluesy hard rock is where Slash shines

I've never given Slash's non Guns work much of a chance. Everything I've heard has been so damn formulaic and boring. I'm gonna check this release out, mainly because I'm part of the forum and will want to know what people are chatting about. I'm not expecting much. I'm sure he'll be good for a couple decent riffs and solos.

Nobody is waiting for a new Myles/Slash album.

Slash needs to give Scott a call and reform VR.

I am. I need some fresh Slash riffs and solos. I don't think Myles is a good fit for Slash musically, but Slash is still Slash. You can at least count on him to provide some badass lead guitar.

Cornell's voice has been on decline for some time now, no way can he touch Myles' range.

Range is not everything. Myles doesn't bring a lot to the table when it comes to other qualities imo. At least not when he's working with Slash. I'd rather have a different singer with limited range, but better songwriting abilities and chemistry with Slash.

The fact of the matter is: what Myles brings may be simple, but its exactly what Slash needs and has had trouble with for the last 20 years. He's finally got a stable vocalist (narcotics and vocal-wise) and a guy that gives off a positive vibe during live shows. I don't know how you could find someone with better chemistry for Slash. They seem to get along amazingly. Is he less adventurous and less of a one of a kind vocalist than Slash's previous singers? Yes. But does he get the job done well and provide a stable foundation for Slash to continue bringing music to us? Yes, and in the end thats the most important thing. Unfortunately the people that seem to challenge Slash the most also end up ruining the bands he's in.

• Like 2

The fact of the matter is: what Myles brings may be simple, but its exactly what Slash needs and has had trouble with for the last 20 years. He's finally got a stable vocalist (narcotics and vocal-wise) and a guy that gives off a positive vibe during live shows. I don't know how you could find someone with better chemistry for Slash. They seem to get along amazingly. Is he less adventurous and less of a one of a kind vocalist than Slash's previous singers? Yes. But does he get the job done well and provide a stable foundation for Slash to continue bringing music to us? Yes, and in the end thats the most important thing. Unfortunately the people that seem to challenge Slash the most also end up ruining the bands he's in.

I don't believe that. I don't believe Slash's potential stops with what he can create with Myles. Myles seems like a really good guy, easy to get along with and the opposite of a diva, but musically speaking, he just doesn't bring out the best out of Slash imo.

Maybe I just expect too much from Slash, but idk, I'll give Myles the benefit of the doubt here, cause maybe now that they already worked together this album will be better. I thought Fortress was great, really enjoyed it so we'll see. Maybe the producer will have a positive effect on the upcoming release as well.

I don't know if its that your expectations are unreal. I think its that Slash's current band isn't trying to be anything groundbreaking or change the state of music. Guns N Roses and Velvet Revolver seemed to kind of set out with that goal and try to be this really big thing. The Conspirators really just seem like they are there to provide an outlet for Slash's solo music but not to have this big impact in current music. Its just for themselves and for Slash to get out there and stay relevant/vibrant musically. It would be nice if Myles was able to push Slash to be a little more than he is now, but I don't think thats what Slash is particularly looking for at the moment. At the end of the day, it is still HIS solo band and I think that means more than people may realize.

Nobody is waiting for a new Myles/Slash album.

Slash needs to give Scott a call and reform VR.

I am. If Alter Bridge is not going to be touring a lot, because of this project amongst other things, you sure as hell know that I am waiting for this album.

Edited by Anguyen92

I don't know if its that your expectations are unreal. I think its that Slash's current band isn't trying to be anything groundbreaking or change the state of music. Guns N Roses and Velvet Revolver seemed to kind of set out with that goal and try to be this really big thing. The Conspirators really just seem like they are there to provide an outlet for Slash's solo music but not to have this big impact in current music. Its just for themselves and for Slash to get out there and stay relevant/vibrant musically. It would be nice if Myles was able to push Slash to be a little more than he is now, but I don't think thats what Slash is particularly looking for at the moment. At the end of the day, it is still HIS solo band and I think that means more than people may realize.

Totally my point ! ;)

Slash is really happy w/ Conspirators now. He won't change anything.

I know some of you don't like Myles (no problem with that), but the guy is really talented and is probably the nicest guy i ever met , very down to earth. I'm not surprised that Slash is always hanging out with him ! :awesomeface:

Slash is really happy w/ Conspirators now. He won't change anything.

I know some of you don't like Myles (no problem with that), but the guy is really talented and is probably the nicest guy i ever met , very down to earth. I'm not surprised that Slash is always hanging out with him !

And especially when you see them live, you can pretty much understand exactly why they're together.

Edited by moreblack

Myles is great.I've been a fan since The Mayfield Four back in the mid 90's. I was happy to see him get wider recognition when he joined Alter Bridge and it was even better news for me when he joined forces with Slash. The great news is it seems like they have a musical partnership that will continue to grow. We could be discussing their fifth album in a few years from now.

If I wanted my rock stars to be nice I would listen to Nickelback or Foo Fighters.

Fuck Myles Kennedy and his whiney voice, greasy hair and drippy as fuck personality. He has the charisma of a tea towel.

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read on the forum. There's nothing wrong with a big name musician who also happens to be really down to Earth, and I think I can speak on behalf of almost everyone else here and say I wish more rock stars were nice people. I'm really fortunate, I've only ever met a couple rock stars that I wasn't really impressed with how they interacted with their fans. Even some of the ones who have pretty bad reputations (Scott Ian, Tim Armstrong, Bruce Dickinson) I've had really pleasant encounters with. Why would anyone want the artists they listen to to be dicks to people off stage?

I do not like Myles Kennedy at all - that's no secret. But if he's cool to his fans, good on him.

• Like 1