Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

OMGGGGG THAT ALIEN!!!! PUPPETS, MAKEUP, AND COSTUMES!!!!!

AND TATOOINE!!!!!!!!

Halo 5 and Star Wars Episode VII in the same 3 month span, throw ChiDem II and a Zeppelin reunion in there and it will be the best time of my life. Fuck my future wedding and kids

Garth Edwards announced as director of the first spinoff film. On mobile but will post source when I get home.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-spinoff-hires-godzilla-706636

Was hoping he'd work on Godzilla 2 :/

EDIT: He'll be working on it after the Star Wars film:

"Gareth's filmmaking talent makes him one of his generation's most creative and visionary directors,” said Legendary Entertainment’s chairman and CEO Thomas Tull in a statement in response to the Star Wars hire. "The plan has always been for Gareth to direct a different film before we started on another Godzilla, but who knew it would a Star Wars installment? We have a great plan in store for Godzilla fans and I am looking forward to seeing Gareth’s imprint on the Star Wars universe."

WME-repped Edwards is attached to direct Godzilla 2 and 3, but while story ideas exist, theGodzilla 2 project is still in early development and does not even have a script.

Garth Edwards announced as director of the first spinoff film. On mobile but will post source when I get home.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-spinoff-hires-godzilla-706636

"Gareth's filmmaking talent makes him one of his generation's most creative and visionary directors, said Legendary Entertainments chairman and CEO Thomas Tull in a statement in response to the Star Wars hire. "The plan has always been for Gareth to direct a different film before we started on another Godzilla, but who knew it would a Star Wars installment? We have a great plan in store for Godzilla fans and I am looking forward to seeing Gareths imprint on the Star Wars universe."

WME-repped Edwards is attached to direct Godzilla 2 and 3, but while story ideas exist, theGodzilla 2 project is still in early development and does not even have a script.

Am I reading this right that Godzilla is confirmed to be a trilogy now?

"Gareth's filmmaking talent makes him one of his generation's most creative and visionary directors, said Legendary Entertainments chairman and CEO Thomas Tull in a statement in response to the Star Wars hire. "The plan has always been for Gareth to direct a different film before we started on another Godzilla, but who knew it would a Star Wars installment? We have a great plan in store for Godzilla fans and I am looking forward to seeing Gareths imprint on the Star Wars universe."

I'll be surprised if they stop at 3 if they keep making money.

MONEYMONEYMONEY

Great choice! I just hope there is at least 3 years in between each actual Episode

2 years. The plan is:

MONEY

MONEY

MONEY

FTFY ;)

On a less cynical note, I am looking forward to Episode VII, but I'm wary about these spin-off films, especially the rumoured Han Solo one. Gareth Edwards impressed me with Godzilla, though, so I doubt it will be totally shit.

• Like 1

I'll be surprised if they stop at 3 if they keep making money.

MONEYMONEYMONEY

Money money, yeah yeah!

03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad they are using actual props and models and shit for the special effects. The prequels suffered massively from CGI and haven't aged well at all. They look like shit compared to the originals so I'm glad they're taking a more old school approach to these new movies.

Not sure if you guys watch AMC movie talk on youtube or not but if you don't they're doing a weekly show called Jedi Council and all they do is talk about Star Wars. Here's last weeks show if any of you wanna check it out and subscribe to the channel.

Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie have joined the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII

Hot off winning an Oscar for her breakout supporting performance in “12 Years a Slave,” Lupita Nyong'o has joined the cast of “Star Wars: Episode VII,” Disney and Lucasfilm announced Monday. Additionally, Gwendoline Christie, who currently stars as Brienne of Tarth on HBO's hit series “Game of Thrones,” has also been added to the ensemble in an unspecified capacity. She can next be seen in “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.” “I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57243298

Josh Trank, who directed Chronicle and is currently directing the Fantastic Four reboot, is gonna direct the 2nd Star Wars spin-off

http://starwars.com/news/josh-trank-to-direct-stand-alone-star-wars-film.html

EDIT: Also JJ Abrams had a little something to share from the set of VII:

BpS4EBRCMAAZvhE.jpg

:lol:

I'm slowly changing my stance on this movie. It seems like JJ is having a great time making this and trying really hard to cater to the fans.

Maybe the film is in good hands after all. Also two fantastic additions to the cast!