Dizzy Reed and Richard Fortus comment on new GNR album

Guest NGOG

There's a joke involving your new newsreporter color and not being allowed to have your own opinions in there somewhere but I'm not clever enough to come up with it.

Dissing people that could be percieved as becoming part of 'the establishment'. That's new.

These articles were brought to my attention by M.SL:

Dizzy Reed: You know, it's in the works. Right now, things are on hold a little bit as far as playing. I think they're getting tracks together.

They? Isn't he in the band anymore?

BTW, those are good news I guess, I'm really looking forward to that South America tour. I hope they get to play here in Porto Alegre again. I would love to see some new songs live. I know, they would hardly play something new, but one can dream.

Dizzy Reed: You know, it's in the works. Right now, things are on hold a little bit as far as playing. I think they're getting tracks together.

Yeah, it's a real close "band" like that. Brothers. Them against the world. United.

Who exactly are "they"? What exactly is "getting tracks together"? What the fuck is Dizzy talking about?

Maybe he means Axl and Caram Costanzo are deciding which tracks they should complete and put out.

Who exactly are "they"? What exactly is "getting tracks together"? What the fuck is Dizzy talking about?

Maybe he means Axl and Caram Costanzo are deciding which tracks they should complete and put out.

I think you know more about what's going on than Dizwald himself, NGOG.

This isn't the same as things they've said in the past. Both Dizzy and Richard are actually commenting on progress being made and even a potential release date of 2014 (actually watch the Richard interview). In the past they just promised that new music was on the way, but they never gave us any real reason to believe it or seemed this confident.

Also important to keep in mind that Ashba sounded like he was alluding to a new song being played live on a future tour during the Nightrain chat.

To me, it sounds like the gears have finally started turning. Of course it could all lead to years and years of waiting, or nothing at all. But the ball is finally rolling.

Have some faith guys Axl has never disappointed probs be out next year 2015 the latest from the sounds of it, thanks for fortus & dizzy :)

Why 2015? It's been five years since the last album, they've only been doing an average of 40 shows per year, a bunch of material (sometimes a reported 50-60 songs) were being worked on before the 2008 album.................why in the world couldn't this band put out an album in early 2014?

Guys, stop fighting. This is going to really happen this time! Chinese Democracy II starts now!

More then 20 years in the band, and Dizzy is almost as clueless about what the fuck is going on with the next album as the rest of us. Impressive.

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

So basically, neither guy has a clue and this pathetic cover act will continue?

Great.

BTW, those are good news I guess, I'm really looking forward to that South America tour. I hope they get to play here in Porto Alegre again. I would love to see some new songs live. I know, they would hardly play something new, but one can dream.

Glad you enjoy dreaming.

no they're not, they're considering what songs should be written on the list that they're gonna show to team brazil to discuss which songs they should consider from that list to choose for chd2 and then they're gonna discuss it again just to make sure.

And of course record and re-record everything so that it's perfect.

no they're not, they're considering what songs should be written on the list that they're gonna show to team brazil to discuss which songs they should consider from that list to choose for chd2 and then they're gonna discuss it again just to make sure.

And of course record and re-record everything so that it's perfect.

I wish I was an insider like you...

I think 2014 will be the year. They've pretty much done all the touring they can with CD. They've toured it since 2001. They've toured some places over 3 times. The band all obviously, with the exception of pitman, wants to create new music. Richard and Dj have said that new music will come out for years, bumble has said nothing is in the works for a while, but I think things are starting to come together. As much as I take fermanager and TB's statesments with a grain of salt, I think things are starting to look more promising.

The people who think GnR are done aren't realizing, a lot of bands go 3-5 years between albums. Aerosmith went 8 years before their last album, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and shinedown went 4 years before their recent albums.

The sad thing is it seems hardly anyone knows what's going on. I'm sure the band, minus axl, have all worked on and wrote songs and parts of songs and submitted them, but it sounds like it's pretty much axl who chooses what goes and what stays. The whole band should decide.

Edited by liers