All Time Best Guns N' Roses Show

Ace Nova

I know this is a controversial subject. I've been to several live shows....watched hundreds more....but for me personally....from A-Z....nothing....and I mean no show....will ever be better than live at the Ritz....they were literally SUPERNATURAL that night.....one of the best single musical performances of any rock band of all time......period.

This is......Live at the Ritz......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSFhHAh-vw

Edited by Kasanova King

Great show, but ridiculously overrated. Audio/video quality aside, there are better shows from '87-88.

For me, there is no single 'best' show, but from the UYI tour I'll say Indiana '91, Oklahoma/Paris '92, Hartford/Argentina '93. Marquee '87 (can't remember which of the shows) was particularly great, Melbourne '88 as well. Rock Am Ring is great too, and LA '06. Early 2010 is it's own little category of awesomeness.

I don't know. But sorry, it won't be anything past 1993. It just isn't and I don't need everyone to fight me on that. Deep down, you KNOW thats true, and just thought that should be said at the start.

Also, many people are just gonna say the ones they know so it'll never be definitive. There will probably always be a hidden best show that no one knows. Also, everyone has different ideas of best. Inglewood has a great setlist, but not great vocals. Some shows the band is totally on but the setlist is kind of weird.

I don't know. But sorry, it won't be anything past 1993. It just isn't and I don't need everyone to fight me on that. Deep down, you KNOW thats true, and just thought that should be said at the start.

Also, many people are just gonna say the ones they know so it'll never be definitive. There will probably always be a hidden best show that no one knows. Also, everyone has different ideas of best. Inglewood has a great setlist, but not great vocals. Some shows the band is totally on but the setlist is kind of weird.

Does anyone have footage of that long, long show they played at the L.A. Forum in 1991?

I agree, it truly is gnr at their best. I have a few other shows that I really like a lot, but Ritz is magical. Anyone that doesn't like gnr, I will show them that show. First time I watched it with my wife (she obviously knew who axl and the band were before we met) her exact quotes were "he's like Steven Tyler but better, and I really like Steven Tyer. " That really hit home for me, because thats one of the big things that made me fall in love with gnr also. I was HUGE aerosmith fan that eventually found my way to gnr, and haven't looked back since.

I'm sure gnr played other shows that were just as good or maybe better. But as far as real documented, audio and video Ritz also gets my vote. I want to say gnr also played the Ritz in 87' and again in 91' and those are also good shows, but no video that I'm aware of.

Illusion era: Chicago 92' Indiana 91' Argentina 92' and Paris 92'

Edited by Mike420

Old Band : 12.13.1991 - New York City, New York

Perfect Crime

Mr. Brownstone

Welcome To The Jungle

Live And Let Die

Bad Obsession

Attitude

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

You Could Be Mine

Patience

So Fine

Nightrain

November Rain

Band Solos

Pretty Tied Up

Sweet Child O' Mine

Breakdown

Move To The City

Don't Cry

Locomotive

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Paradise City

New Band : 12.19.2009 - Tokyo, Japan

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Catcher In The Rye

Sorry

If The World

Live And Let Die

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Rocket Queen

My Michelle

Sweet Child O' Mine

Shackler's Revenge

I.R.S.

November Rain

Whole Lotta Rosie

Scraped

Prostitute

This I Love

Out Ta Get Me

Don't Cry

Nightrain

Madagascar

There Was A Time

My Generation

Better

Patience

Nice Boys

Paradise City

Old Band : 12.13.1991 - New York City, New York

Perfect Crime

Mr. Brownstone

Welcome To The Jungle

Live And Let Die

Bad Obsession

Attitude

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

You Could Be Mine

Patience

So Fine

Nightrain

November Rain

Band Solos

Pretty Tied Up

Sweet Child O' Mine

Breakdown

Move To The City

Don't Cry

Locomotive

Paradise City

New Band : 12.19.2009 - Tokyo, Japan

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Catcher In The Rye

Sorry

If The World

Live And Let Die

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Rocket Queen

My Michelle

Sweet Child O' Mine

Shackler's Revenge

I.R.S.

November Rain

Whole Lotta Rosie

Scraped

Prostitute

This I Love

Out Ta Get Me

Don't Cry

Nightrain

Madagascar

There Was A Time

My Generation

Better

Patience

Nice Boys

Paradise City

If I had to narrow it down to one show for each band, it would actually be those choices. Agreed completely.

But I'd also toss the Ritz from '88 in there. Maybe just me.